Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Caught up on this over the last week or so, thank you for reminding me that I bought a copy of Dream Drop Distance a couple years ago and never played it. Is it good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Peter Pan is a douchebag because he's supposed to be an allegory for Satan. Or at least, that's a theory I read years ago (probably here, honestly). Something about making people be kids for ever = the promise of eternal youth, and Neverland freezing over when dies or leaves. If nothing else, that one movie about the original author of Peter Pan gets a lot weirder with this in mind.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Riku has just seen Zoolander one too many times so "listen to your good friend Billy Zane" is a way of life, not just some movie quote.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I like it when evil/possessed/possessed by evil characters have that double-voice effect like Riku had there for a moment. Very underused trope IMO

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Fun trivia, Piglet's original voice actor is in the movie 12 Angry Men. He's the really timid guy with glasses (juror #3?), if you watch the movie knowing that ahead of time it'll be super obvious.

Also Jim Cummings has done a shitload of voice work, especially for Disney. I'm pretty sure he does Pete who we'll see eventually if you continue on with this series. He was also Minsc in the Baldur's Gate games if you're into that sort of thing :eng101:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

KieranWalker posted:

Not gonna lie, I attempted to fight Sephiroth one time and completely gave up on the idea after that.

I didn't because I was borrowing my friend's PS2 to play this and wanted to milk everything out of the game before I had to return it, and also because I hated myself :shepface: I did get that bastard eventually though. Strike Raid was my go-to move for knocking him out of Heartless Angel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
As an idiot who still plays Magic: the Gathering, the company behind the game has spent the last couple of years trying to turn it into anime in all but art style and the game is much worse off for it.

Also, the rumor I always heard about Billy Zane is that he took part in a Turkish film with a very strong anti-Iraq war message in like '05 or '06 and got blackballed from Hollywood as a result. But he had a scene in the Zoolander sequel last year which was a pleasant surprise!

Anyway, good job and thanks for doing this LP. This series has an insane, stupid aesthetic but it owns it and never backs down, and I respect it for that. And this first game is at least still the tried and true formula of "youth loses home to evil, youth saves world from said evil with friends made along the way"

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 14, 2017

• Locked thread