Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

chiasaur11 posted:

Guru.

He enjoys seeing you and Appule suffer.
gently caress it, I'm joining with Appule and together we'll end Guru's tyranny over Planet Namek. Operation Namekian Freedom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Is the raid still up or did I miss it while at work?

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Nuebot posted:

Is the raid still up or did I miss it while at work?

Of course you missed it. Look how stupid you are.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

Funky Valentine posted:

If Appule actually gets the Dragon Balls, Lord Freeza will let him form the Appule Force with Rasperry, Orlen, Banan, and Napple.

Have you seen the character intro for friezamen? They're already getting coached by Ginyu.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

SNOT CORN posted:

Of course you missed it. Look how stupid you are.

I did indeed. Back to hoping someone makes a save editor for this game some time soon.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Speaking of Frieza soldiers, Cui has always been my favorite Frieza underling and "Look! Lord Frieza!" would be an amazing ultimate. Also I feel like he'd be a good candidate for time fuckery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG_ydoh3jww

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
One of the guides pointed out a little character building tip that applies if you really care about how to min/max your stats. Having 125 in certain stats are either entirely wasted or lose effectiveness due to soft caps.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=797192219

quote:

Why 76/124 in attack stats? Because thats the point when attack stats reach their soft cap, and the remaining 45 points will only be a 3.5% increase in damage instead of the 5% increase they normally should be due to how they interact with QQ bangs. As for strike/ki, that last point gives virtually no damage over 124 due to the hard cap on supers/ultimates.

Ineffable
Jul 4, 2012
I just picked this up, are hybrid strike/ki characters actually good in this one (as opposed to XV1)? I'd prefer to play as a (male) human or saiyan - are either/both of those viable if I want to use ki, strikes and basics pretty much equally? Is either of them much better than the other?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Ineffable posted:

I just picked this up, are hybrid strike/ki characters actually good in this one (as opposed to XV1)? I'd prefer to play as a (male) human or saiyan - are either/both of those viable if I want to use ki, strikes and basics pretty much equally? Is either of them much better than the other?

You can play that way. You won't be able to do quite as much damage as someone committed to one or the other, but the game doesn't proactively punish you for it like the first game.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I am playing the game with absolutely 0 points put into any offensive stat and I am still wrecking faces left right and centre. It'll be fine.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The big tip I can give is that 4x Kaioken Kamehameha ruins days even with 0 points in Ki, until you can get Supernova, which also does that.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Giant Storm:

-Has insane tracking
-Damages in a huge AoE
-Does absurdly ridiculous damage
-Has the best pose in the entire game

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Giant Storm is definitely aces. I used it throughout the raid and was consistently getting #1 damage in any raid group I was in, mostly I feel because of the laser-focused tracking.

Ineffable
Jul 4, 2012
Am I better off going with earthling or (male) saiyan for a balanced build? I've heard that saiyan's have relatively poor damage on supers - is it very noticeable? Is it worth it for Super Saiyan regardless?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm a Saiyan ki-blaster and haven't had any trouble whatsoever. Big Bang Kamehameha wins most fights. I'm also in love with Masenko for a quick "gently caress you" blast to the face after finishing a melee combo knockback/knockdown.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

New Leaf posted:

I'm also in love with Masenko for a quick "gently caress you" blast to the face after finishing a melee combo knockback/knockdown.

In Xenoverse 1 I was fond of Weekend for the same purpose. And it's got such pretty colors!

I'm holding off on Xenoverse 2 to see if it goes on sale Way Too Soontm like every other Bandai game seems to when the Winter Sale rolls around. I love Xenoverse, but I don't $50 love it. I am, however, super psyched about Fusions and will absolutely pick it up 2 days before Pokemon comes out and then be juggling 2 collect-em-all RPGs :v:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Does anyone know offhand if Bardock's moves are available from PQ's, and which ones offer them?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Expert Quest 15 can go gently caress itself.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Whats even the point of expert quests?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The Omega Shenron Expert Quest was fun with CPUs. I was struggling as a Strike/Basic user until I realized Gigantic Omega didn't proc the dodge, at which point killing him became 1000x easier.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Scalding Coffee posted:

One of the guides pointed out a little character building tip that applies if you really care about how to min/max your stats. Having 125 in certain stats are either entirely wasted or lose effectiveness due to soft caps.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=797192219
I love having actual attack stats, but knowing that 76 softcap means I might finally use my dragonballs to nudge my 100/100 Basic/Ki supers down a bit... Then I'll probably throw it into Strike Supers like a big silly head :downs:

Ineffable posted:

They totally work, I've slapped on one of the nicer Strike Ultimate on my Saiyan who has no points in strike supers, and equipment with a penalty to strike supers. Though in this game a ton of your damage will come from your basic attacks even if you are a Ki blasting preference.

The main snag I have found is less damage (Though good damage is still really useful), and more finding moves you can consistently hit with. in PvE I actually started Ult finish Z ranking some of the harder PQs regularly once I began relying more on combos leading into reliable quick supers, rather than trying for hard stamina breaks into showstopper ultimates (Because in PvE the AI gets more and more damage reduction as the game goes on. So multi combos into Raditz moves > Using Goku's biggest kameha once).

Or the lower damage, but reliable to hit with Ultimates. X4 Kaioken Kameha needs 4 Bars, and does not so hot damage. But it's easy to hit with so you get the kill! Emperor's Death beam needs 6 ki bars to approach the damage of one with 3, but it's easy to hit with and tracks! So it gets the kill! Super Ki explosion has simmilar ki to damage issues, but it can hit people who teleport behind me! Double ultimate kill!

I admit a large part of my mindset is because I have loving horrible luck with the high damage reliable ultimates everyone has a great time with. Like Giant storm, or hard stamina breaking into Death ball resulting in zero damage to an immobilized and stunned yamcha :v:

Ineffable posted:

Am I better off going with earthling or (male) saiyan for a balanced build? I've heard that saiyan's have relatively poor damage on supers - is it very noticeable? Is it worth it for Super Saiyan regardless?

I have not used humans yet in Xeno 2. But the main reason I keep going back to my Male Saiyan after trying other races for a while, is because their tracking seems to have gotten a better QA pass for letting me teleport or land quick beams as follow ups. Or rack up sick 40+ combos with basic attacks alone in PvE.

Meanwhile if I play a freiza which I adored in Xeno 1, I find myself missing stationary targets I slammed into the ground, or teleporting into the ground 20 feet before where my enemy slammed into the ground. Because this game is super poo poo at calculating diagonal angles even if the target has stopped moving.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 14, 2016

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
This game needs some sort of Guild system. They could even call it X Style School of Martial Arts.

Goon Style Martial Arts School.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
You're ignoring The Big Gete Style School of Martial Arts.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The Buttlords

edit: actually this is a terrible idea as we would all be Chunks

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Senerio posted:

You're ignoring The Big Gete Style School of Martial Arts.

Did you know the Big Gete Style enables you to cheat death.

How could this be?

Join and find out!

:v:

In Fusions news... can you make a Cell? I wanted to make a Cell in XV2, but noooo...

I might need to go buy a 3DS XL this wednesday.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BenRGamer posted:

How could this be?

Join and find out!

In Fusions news... can you make a Cell? I wanted to make a Cell in XV2, but noooo...

You cannot be a Cell or a Freezer

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Burkion posted:

You cannot be a Cell or a Freezer

Well then I am mad at the OP.

Kelp Plankton posted:

'Alien' covers things resembling Frieza, the Ginyu Force, or other random alien species- the more 'sci-fi' races.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Why buy Fusions then?

Marcus Garvey
Oct 24, 2015

Ineffable posted:

Yes. Unlike in Xenoverse 1 where going from 0 to 100 in an offensive stat more than doubled your damage, in Xenoverse 2 going from 0 to 125(the maximum) only gives you something like a 10-15% damage boost, so you can afford to diversify. The biggest thing that affects your damage output is your character's weight, being skinny gives a large boost for ki blasts/penalty for physical attacks with fats being the opposite.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BenRGamer posted:

Well then I am mad at the OP.

You can look basically like Jeice or any of the humanoid races.

From what I've heard you cannot have a tail or the Cooler mask or Cell beakmouth. So you're basically just a technicolor human. That might have changed since the game first released in Japan though?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Japan is getting (or already got) a patch for Fusions that lets you do the streetpass stuff online but I have no idea if or when it'll be made available overseas or if the standard release has that functionality built in. They did something similar with the 3DS fighting game - released in Japan without online, released internationally without online, immediately patched the Japanese version with online play but didn't patch the international version for eight months.

Oh, and the official new date for Fusions in NA is November 22.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Saibaman head and Ginyu head and I think a first form Freeza head are options for alien

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
holy gently caress the final PQ :negative:

i got two of the top piece of the battle suit. drat it. least i got the stupid loving hair

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

BenRGamer posted:

How could this be?

Join and find out!

Cell's body and head thing are both clothes you can wear. Finding the right shade for the skin tone would be difficult, but you can totally make a cell in XV2.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Nuebot posted:

Cell's body and head thing are both clothes you can wear. Finding the right shade for the skin tone would be difficult, but you can totally make a cell in XV2.

Come back to me when that stuffs colorable :colbert:

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

BenRGamer posted:

Come back to me when that stuffs colorable :colbert:

I too wish to be a freakishly tall Cell Jr.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Sooooo I'm assuming you can't get Darkness Mixer?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Technical Analysis posted:

I too wish to be a freakishly tall Krillin Cell.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Technical Analysis posted:

I too wish to be a freakishly tall Cell Jr.

Honestly I was talking more about some First/Second/Perfect Cell inspired 'armor' for freiza race chars rather than just Frieza/Cooler inspired stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My Fusions OC will be a young King Cold going on wacky adventures with his pals Chaiotzuman and Trunks^2.

• Locked thread