Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three-Phase

by zen death robot
I've been doing some independent research on Australia and wanted to share some of the more important notes I took:

• Founded by deported people from England (and some people who came over in boats thousands of years before)
  • People will tell you "it's a prison island, hidden in the summer for a million years"
  • Ned Kelley is sort of like their Abraham Lincoln but he has a metal trash bin on his head and was a bad person
  • Sydney ISN'T the Capital.*
  • There's a guy named Neville Bartos - don't lend him money he apparently owes this one guy lots of cash
  • They drive on the wrong side of the road (sometimes in crazy custom cars while wearing leather S&M gear-like clothing)
  • People may make fun of you if you tell them you like "The Presets" (band) but it's OK because they have crazy beats
  • There's a swimming pool named after a government guy who they think drowned in the ocean (I think the Pacific)
  • All their power outlets are twice the normal voltage the rest of the civilized world uses (220V versus 110V) so be twice as careful

I hope that you are able to utilize this important information.

* - Where is the Capitol? Seriously does anyone know? Maybe it's Perth or Toowoomba?**
** - I think they have a king or something

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase

by zen death robot
Also if you see any animal it can probably kill you. And you'll be in horrible horrible pain as you die.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
one time russel crowe went around harrassing minorities

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Manifisto

• "flat white" may sound like a ridiculous name for a drink, and it is, but order it anyway
  • also "chicken salt"
  • put a fuckin' slice of beetroot on your burger while you're at it
  • that's not a knife

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
kangaroos and the dream time

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
-boomerangs flying free in the wild
-giant cans of beers and vegemite
-friendly platypus's and wombats

Manifisto

tim

tam

Manifisto

people making fun of you for pronouncing emu as "eemoo" instead of "eemyou"

Historical Wizards

-Drop Bears
-Double Drops Bears

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
no one hesitates at life or beats around the bush in canberra, capital city of australia

Three-Phase

by zen death robot
Winnie blues and VB

----------------

myDad

ce n'est pas ma mère
it's actually current that kills

sig by vanisher™®

myDad

ce n'est pas ma mère

sig by vanisher™®

Three-Phase

by zen death robot

myDad posted:

it's actually current that kills

Riptides and longshore currents

----------------

Play

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Three-Phase posted:

Riptides and longshore currents

Current events

Palisader

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
They really hate it when they can see a lady's bra strap under her tank top

(I learned that on America's Next Top Model so it has to be true)

alnilam

In Melbourne they're obsessed with anything vaguely related to what they perceive as American hipster culture but they're like ten years behind so you could make a very successful business there by ripping off 5+ year old American trends and seeming way ahead of the curve

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
the east coast is always a little behind the west coast but at least america is a whole lot ahead on the whole dingo eating your baby thing, loving australians have t breed like rabbits because they keep losing os many kids to dingos. like just close your loving doors

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Luvcow posted:

the east coast is always a little behind the west coast but at least america is a whole lot ahead on the whole dingo eating your baby thing, loving australians have t breed like rabbits because they keep losing os many kids to dingos. like just close your loving doors

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

lol

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

Palisader

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Luvcow posted:

Senior Management

*if you hear "alf oil" they mean aluminum foil.

*I hear that Fosters is not Australian for Beer and that they don't like it down there.

*Australia has horrible internet.

*Australia is near New Zealand.

:jerry:

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Cane toads.
http://www.canetoadsinoz.com/

No wuckers, mate.

Three-Phase

by zen death robot
There was a jolly swagman camped at the billabong
Under the shade of the coulibar tree

BILL BRYSON'S NAUGHTY VERSION:
Forgetting that spoons stir hot liquids much better
The swagman immersed his tool in his tea
And he sighed as he spied his poor willy boiling
"I can't bugger you, so will you bugger me?"

----------------

SquirrelGrip

Vynar posted:

*if you hear "alf oil" they mean aluminum foil.

*I hear that Fosters is not Australian for Beer and that they don't like it down there.

*Australia has horrible internet.

*Australia is near New Zealand.

fosters was invented by the british to opress us when they saw us aussies were much better than them at everything. like if you sent your kid to his room for ruinging your work coding software programs and he releases flappy bird on the app store

Plebian Parasite

Senior Management

Australia is advanced for an Earth society. Every morning they drink the ceremonial fungus tea and dig deep into the Earth. They have forged a great maw in the middle of the desert. As the pit deepens the maw grows more and more intelligent. It is gifted with life from the deep. The Ocean Below Oceans calls. Great Consciousnesses reach out to the Australians and grant them great boons of change.

myDad

ce n'est pas ma mère

Vynar posted:

Australia is advanced for an Earth society. Every morning they drink the ceremonial fungus tea and dig deep into the Earth. They have forged a great maw in the middle of the desert. As the pit deepens the maw grows more and more intelligent. It is gifted with life from the deep. The Ocean Below Oceans calls. Great Consciousnesses reach out to the Australians and grant them great boons of change.

sig by vanisher™®

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

Three-Phase posted:

I've been doing some independent research on Australia and wanted to share some of the more important notes I took:

• All their power outlets are twice the normal voltage the rest of the civilized world uses (220V versus 110V) so be twice as careful

We use 220v here! Even 400v!

<3 <3 Vanisher

google THIS

I don't know what that is but the vapors alone can kill 500 full grown men, that guy holding it and the camera person are both dead now

google THIS

also there happened to be 500 grown men downwind rip

google THIS

it's probably called something retarded- and Lewis-Carroll- and Australian-sounding like a bumblywhacker

google THIS

beware the bumblywhack my son,
the fronds that glinch, the borbs that pizz,
fookin' blimey
-- ancient Australian proverb

Plebian Parasite

google THIS posted:

beware the bumblywhack my son,
the fronds that glinch, the borbs that pizz,
fookin' blimey
-- ancient Australian proverb

Three-Phase

by zen death robot
Fact: Waltzing Matilda was the national anthem until around 2009 when it was officially replaced by A I M Fire by the Australian musical geniuses called Art vs. Science.

It's also the BYOBiest music video ever made that really sums up the Australian spirit.

----------------

cmndstab

Huge Internet Celebrity!
As a genuine real Australian I would like to confirm that all the facts posted itt are true and real.

However that only goes for the first ten or so posts in this thread because the rest of the posts were posted after I pushed the submit reply button but before my lovely Australian internet trundled my post up the pipeline.

Three-Phase

by zen death robot

cmndstab posted:

As a genuine real Australian I would like to confirm that all the facts posted itt are true and real.

However that only goes for the first ten or so posts in this thread because the rest of the posts were posted after I pushed the submit reply button but before my lovely Australian internet trundled my post up the pipeline.

I think you can only get 100 characters per second across the Overland Telegraph cable. That's assuming it wasn't shorted out by a naughty kookaburra.

----------------

alnilam

Aussie guy: hold on mate I'm gonna make a post

*sticks a yellowed piece of paper with the post written on it to the town posting board using an enormous knife as a tack*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Actually in reality i imagine all telecommunications in or out of australia are relayed across the ocean by small animals like the scene in rescuers down under

• Locked thread