Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Hey.

So some SuperPAC or something got my cell phone number and sent me an automated text asking if I'd like to show up at a town hall tomorrow and ask about Net Neutrality. I replied, "drat, that sounds reasonable," so i got a stock reply with the address, time, and politician (Brendan Boyle). So I'm off.

Problem is, I have no idea what makes a good town hall question. How long should it be? Does it involve an introduction so everyone knows what I'm talking about? Should it have a hook in it, and if so, what does that even mean? What is even a useful thing to ask, when in my heart of hearts my only stance on the issue is, "loving with the world's most powerful tool is a crime on par with blowing up a dam, I WILL BURY YOU AT SEA AAAAAA" which seems inappropriate because I don't actually know this guy's thoughts on the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

start by looking up his thoughts on the issue, dingus, for all you know he's cosponsored a net neutrality bill

I've tried and failed! I don't think he's spoken on the matter.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Net Neutrality is Short Blurb. What is your position on it?

The internet has profoundly changed the way Americans learn about the world and communicate with one another. The last few decades have been a renaissance of new ideas as the ubiquity of the World Wide Web allow us incredible access, but a few large Internet Service Providers want to restrict, slow, or prevent access to sections of the internet for profit, to control the national dialogue, or both. The chair of the Federal Communications Commission has abandoned his responsibility in this matter, so I want to know what you plan to do to ensure the Internet remains a tool of citizens, not corporations.

Too long? Is leading the response wrong? Also I want a better word than, "Abandoned," but I can't think of one.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Bluh. OK.

The Internet has improved the lives of Americans in more ways than we could have imagined, but a few large Internet Service Providers want to restrict access to parts of the internet to earn higher profits for inferior service, or to control the national conversation. With the FCC abdicating its responsibility, what will you do to ensure net neutrality survives in the years to come?

• Locked thread