Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Can I just say that it's super exciting how there are signs of a mass awakening of the body politic of young people? I honestly thought this whole thing would be shrugged off, but I'm seeing people give a poo poo in a way that I didn't expect. I dunno maybe it will die down but still seeing people fly into a rage and even wishy washy celebrities actually angry in a way that's not normal might be encouraging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Okay.

If that's how people feel maybe it's a good idea to try and change the country instead of indulging in cathartic acts that only make it worse. You know, like a child.

Donald trump is president of the united states.

Your 'symbols', 'ideals' and 'institutions' have been fully stripped of all meaning, majesty or seriousness, nothing matters anymore, we're in a post-fact universe where a man like him so brazenly corrupt, sexist, racist, malicious, etc. where a reality show host who commited fraud and groped women who's backed by a russian autocrat beat your system can become president. the fact that you're huffing and puffing over a flag when someone is about to remove healthcare from 30 million people and set you guys back socially a hundred years or so and successfully brought back fascism into the mainstream is exactly the kind of limp-wristed liberal horseshit that got america into this mess in the first place.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Veyrall posted:

Apparently the racists lost the election in the Netherlands. Thank sweet gently caress for that, but now we should probably examine the campaign leadup and how they beat the racists.

They beat the racists because (a) 80% turnout and (B) voting for the status quo of centrism and realizing what a meaningless gesture a protest vote for racism is, there's also reports that they see trump in action and they were like "lol Nope".

• Locked thread