Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010
What's up with the left now that Donald Trump got elected? Liberal "progressive" people protesting in the streets, causing violence and assaulting Trump supporters. Is that liberal or progressive? They're doing exactly the same things they accuse Trump supporters of doing. But Trump supporters haven't done any of those things after Trump got elected.

I used to consider myself more left than right, but after witnessing the horrible behaviour of the left and so called "liberals" after Trump election, I'm reconsidering my position. I don't want to be associated with any of what the current left is doing. It's so hateful and irrational. The media has really caused most of this, with their demonization and lies about Trump. Like for example, how he's against LGBT community when infact he's not. Or that he's a racist, when he's only said he wants to deport criminals who are in the country illegally. Same thing every president has done. But the media has twisted that into something it's not. And people are too stupid to realize it. They just believe everything they read without thinking for themselves. It's a sad state of affairs, but really shows something important. The mainstream media truly isn't objective. It has a very clear agenda, and facts don't matter to it.

Stockholm Syndrome fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010

HorseLord posted:

Literally the guy who''ll betray you, right on time

I don't feel I've betrayed anything, I still believe in leftist values. But those aren't being shown at all here, all I see is hate and the attitude that "we're right and if you voted for Trump you deserve to have your rear end kicked". Didn't know the left was for violence. The ends don't justify the means, much less so when we're talking about physical violence against someone who voted differently to you in a democratic election. Something is very wrong with the way these liberal democrats are thinking. But I give them a partial pass, they've been brainwashed by the media. I mean, it's incredible how the media and the whole presidential campaign with all the dirt and lies has caused some people to think that Donald Trump is some kind of anti-christ. I mean, if you took everything he said seriously you didn't really get it. That was his style in the campaign, and it was very effective.

Stockholm Syndrome fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Nov 15, 2016

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010

HorseLord posted:

You are the liberal the OP is mad I pointed out exists, I guess you've been beneficial for once by proving my point.

No, actually I'm not :D I'm laughing at the leftist liberals right now

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010

Captain Fargle posted:

This is not the thread for you or for this discussion. Take it to USPOL if you want to insist on it.

You are not welcome here.

Wow, the left being so inclusive again :D You have no self-awareness do you?

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010

Captain Fargle posted:

I do not need you to inform me that racist, homophobic fuckwads exist.

Who's that? Also, those have existed for all time. Most of them aren't even white ;) I'm much more concerned with the violent ones who think that voting for Trump means you're a homophobe or a racist, because that simply isn't true and is incredibly harmful and toxic to say. But obviously you don't give a gently caress about that. You just read your HuffPo and take everything you hear from the media as a truth. In other words, you're brainwashed.

Stockholm Syndrome fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Nov 15, 2016

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010

HorseLord posted:

Racism and homophobia isn't even what he's performed ITT, only the liberalism I warned you about, the liberalism of pearl-clutching "I agree with you but I'm SHOCKED that you would do this" and calling 911. I'm well aware that he's doing it as an act and that he's a straight up reactionary, it's a common tactic.

I haven't done either of those things ever. See how you're assuming things that aren't true? Take a look at yourself before you accuse others of stuff you have no clue about. It's bad arguing, you know that right? Have you seen the videos of black protesters beating up white people who voted for Trump? Don't you think there's something very wrong with that? It was a democratic presidential election for fucks sake, you don't have any right to do that. But these people think they do, because "they're right" and Trump supporters for whatever reason are wrong. Brainwashed people. Trump isn't a racist or a homophobe and neither are his supporters in general. Jesus christ...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010

TomViolence posted:

If you still believe in leftist values, I fail to understand how those are compatible with allowing a man endorsed by the Ku Klux Klan into high office. It's not enough to just clap your hands and believe. Fascism can't be stopped with the ballot box alone, it has to be faced in the streets and undercut by real solutions to the social ills and anxieties it feeds off.

For content:

Care about the plight of the refugees that are being scapegoated to justify all this poo poo?

Refugee Council USA
Refugee Action (UK)

Caveat: There may be other, better organisations to contribute to with regards to refugees and if so, feel free to post them up. These are just the reults of two minutes googling on my part.

You know, that Trump isn't advocating for anything the Ku Klux Klan is representing right? It just happens to be that the Ku Klux Klan might also oppose (illegal) immigration which Trump is also opposing. Trump probably hates them just as much as you or me. Trump isn't a fascist.

• Locked thread