Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.facebook.com/events/253333151760473/

anybody else going? i'm planning on being there with some antifa friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tias posted:

Statistically speaking, civilian gun owners never really stop spree shooters. I think working on your own health, forming stable networks and helping other people in need is much better advice than getting a gun.

i wont go into details but there's been a few occasions where myself and other activists i know have had serious issues with real nazis placing death threats against us until they found out we owned firearms. the right wing has an image of leftists as spineless cowards and visibly owning and using firearms can actually have an effect of scaring off some of them since it shows you're not loving around

edit: are there any other wobblies in this thread btw? iww has been a really helpful resource for me to meet up with other leftists in my area

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Plastic Pal posted:

What's IWW?

Wobblies is a silly nickname. :3:

haha yeah that's the nickname for members of the industrial workers of the world, it's an international labor union organizing group that was really big back in the first part of the 20th century but isnt nearly as influential right now. it's been picking up some steam in the last 5 years and seems like it's slowly becoming something like a dsa for anarchists in terms of the actual role it fills inside the far left in america (nobody's actually quite sure of the origin of the nickname also)

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh speaking of wobblies, 129 more of the j20 protestors (people who were who were arrested for organizing and attending the inauguration protests last january who faced many bullshit charges from the trump admin) have had their charges dropped. there are still 59 however and of that number roughly half are iww members.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Race Realists posted:

oh i thought u libtards said guns were bad? :smug:

they also cant distinguish between liberals and leftists which is the source of this confusion for them

• Locked thread