Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...

menino posted:

Again I feel like starting with statehouses is a really good starting point because it reverberates all the way down. Starting now can harness ppl's enthusiasm who feel like they can't do anything.
I agree, we have to build up a foundation. This has been a failure of the democratic party over the past decade or so - the RNC has been much more organized and focused at the state level. That dominance has allowed them to setup voting laws/districts in their favor, and that certainly helped them in this most recent national election.

Getting smarter at the local and state level is overdue and necessary to stay in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
I've seen a number of articles/videos over the last few days condemning the tone/approach of the left. In general I agree there's a lot to unpack, and plenty of room for improvement here.

Anyone seen anything approaching it from the other side, which is how to sell the younger left on what they'll consider to be 'tone policing' from moderate leftists? I have a feeling it's not going to go over well.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Anybody remember Democracy for America? Howard Dean's old thing? I checked in and they were still around. I guess Howard Dean's vying for the chairmanship to try to get back to his 50-state strategy. It was the first thing I thought about. I mean, why not try a comprehensive strategy in all states when it looks like you need a, well, comprehensive strategy in all states. They just had their monthly meeting the night before so I didn't get a chance to check in.

I liked his earlier stuff (fifty state strategy, small donor fundraising) but his more recent album is too mainstream (healthcare lobbying).

• Locked thread