Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Stockholm Syndrome posted:

What's up with the left now that Donald Trump got elected? Liberal "progressive" people protesting in the streets, causing violence and assaulting Trump supporters. Is that liberal or progressive? They're doing exactly the same things they accuse Trump supporters of doing. But Trump supporters haven't done any of those things after Trump got elected.

I used to consider myself more left than right, but after witnessing the horrible behaviour of the left and so called "liberals" after Trump election, I'm reconsidering my position. I don't want to be associated with any of what the current left is doing.

Nice username/post combo!

not nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
I'm wondering if this "leftist=peaceful people" is unique to the US or if it has permeated other countries as well because where I come from it sounds hella strange...

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

yellowyams posted:

Rumors of Russian influence ops in Europe. https://twitter.com/JeffersonObama/status/798598839468847104 Don't know if it's true but I can readily believe it and it sounds very very dangerous for anyone opposed to the rise of fascism. I don't really know how to combat this, but it needs a lot more attention than it's getting, maybe contact reporters and call for an investigation from the government? I don't know much about European govt but I imagine most of the leaders probably don't want to be overthrown by fascists so if someone informed them they need to nip this in the bud urgently then I would hope they'd listen. Russia already played a huge role in getting Trump elected, it would be a tragedy for that to happen to the rest of the world.

Nothing about this is news. Russia sponsors all and every far-right parties in Europe, this is known.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

yellowyams posted:

Is anybody going to do anything? They have a very high probability of succeeding if no one else tries to interfere. And if it's that well-known then why don't I see any discussion on it? Consider also that you are politically active and are more informed than the average person, but it's the average person who needs to know about this.

You can scoff at it for being a silly thought and it is, but we lost America to Trump because of this. It is extremely dangerous and Europe can't afford to fall any further into fascism or the world will really be hosed. Something has to be done.

People who vote for far-right parties don't mind papa bear half-naked on a horse saving them from the brown&gay hordes. The rest is apathetic just like everywhere else.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

OhFunny posted:

I posted this in the Democrat thread in CSPAM on Monday, but I went out and got involved.

I plan to stay involved and hope people in this thread go get involved.

You're good people.

• Locked thread