Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

RareAcumen posted:

And also someone who doesn't know their iconic Final Fantasy monsters.

Anyway, Re: Chain of Memories. If anyone cares, I'm gonna be talking about the GBA version, since no one in the video remembers what it played like, and I was young and thought the game was pretty fun and beat it a few times I think. Or it just took so long that I remember some things very well.

The battle screens were basically like a beat-em-up in presentation. You can go up and down and all that jazz but I don't remember if locking on also helped you by automatically tracking towards enemies or not. Either it did or magic just did that on its own and I completely abandoned keyblade cards at some point.

It's been a few years but going off memory, attacking with keyblades while on the ground moved you forward horizontally a small amount, while attacking in the air moved you a large amount both horizontally and vertically. Magic mostly just moved horizontally, though there were a few homing or aimed attacks as well. Everything had a pretty large degree of tolerance though, basically if the sprites touched it counted as a hit, and the sprites were big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread