Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The exp having to be collected was something I never liked. Especially since it can disappear.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

RareAcumen posted:

I think that's just a Simba problem. He wasn't that great in KH1 either if you recall.

Mostly because he's the first summon, so he can't be too powerful, I'm sure.

He wasn't bad in the GBA one just because it was more 2D and he just hit whatever side he was facing. A lot of the more special cards like summons were either better or worse in a version.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The GBA version makes it seem like Pinocchio craws out it's rear end instead if I remember right.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The GBA Hundred Acre wood level was a lot more tedious, since Pooh had to follow you to the end of a long path and he keeps getting distracted and falling in holes.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Hook is also one of the harder fights in the GBA version, due to the screen wobbling back and forth like a ship, and his present attack takes up a lot of space.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Defenders were awful to fight in the GBA version if only because that shield took up half the screen.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The real issue in the GBA version is you had to go back to save and heal. One step forward and you'd have 2 boss battles right in a row.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The GBA version also had a much better line.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It was the only image of that line I could find too. Everything else treated it almost like an urban rumor, which for a second made me think I was hallucinating it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

One thing to note from the GBA version is Riku's dodge roll was just straight up better, so fighting Defenders on floor 1 was so much easier as Riku than Sora.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Since Riku's deck changes depending on the world, you get some interesting combos. Olympus Coliseum gives you a ton of low number cards and the Powerwild card, which reverses card value, so for a reload you have all 9s. Wonderland's is just bad though because you get a total of 7 not good cards, without some kind of gimmick to work with.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Axel doesn't look like he took a pounding from Sora.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

get that OUT of my face posted:

I noticed in the credits for KH1 that Kairi was voiced by Hayden Panettiere, presumably before she became a big name. I guess they couldn't get her to speak the five lines she had in Re:CoM, so according to the credits for this game, they went with someone whose career highlights afterward was voice work for Disney XD cartoons (Alyson Stoner). Quite a drop in quality.

Thanks for playing through this bad game with a convoluted plot, I'm eagerly anticipating KH2 and your other stuff.

By the way, who draws the art for your LP video thumbnails? They do a good job.

They've gone back and forth with a few voice actors in the series. I'm kinda surprised Sora and Riku's have been consistent throughout the entire series.

• Locked thread