Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I really appreciate the man teleporting around for the sole purpose of loving with Sora. It's pretty much what I would do with superpowers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

OmanyteJackson posted:

And say what you will about the plot but back in '04 all we knew about kingdom hearts was in the first game, Nomura was good and could do no wrong, and pants with more than 3 sets of zippers where cool.

I'm still in the "pants with more than 3 sets of zippers are cool" phase. God help me, I love this dumb series.

I haven't played this game, so I'm definitely looking forward to Kingdom Cards

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I'm just amazed there wasn't a big twist where he goes 'Who's Kairi?' when Goofy mentions her. Maybe instead he forgot about Riku? I'd consider that a good thing, that guy's a jerk.

How dare you call my boyfriend a jerk

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Hoo boy that Larxene scene had some awful voice acting.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Y'know, I'm not entirely sure that remembering "I had a friend when I was young!" is worth losing memories of the time you saved the multiverse from Billy Zane

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Y'know, I think the plot of this game is actually not bad, it's just wrapped up in anime dumbness. At least, the Castle Oblivion plot. The Disney worlds aren't great.

I like Larxene. I like that she's just a mean ol' jerk.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

MelvinBison posted:

And I swear Vexen's VA voiced some random Dark Elfs in Skyrim.

Vexen is voiced by Derek Stephen Prince, who's all over the place. He mostly does anime stuff, though.

Vexen does a GREAT science face

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
So, it's pretty obvious that Namine is replacing Sora's memories of Kairi. Is she going to start replacing other characters, too?

"Gawrsh, Sora, what was the name of the big blue guy in the lamp?"
"Namine?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

And More posted:

That's pretty much the pitch for this game's plot, isn't it? Namine is writing her own self-insert fan fiction.

Finally, Kingdom Hearts takes a strong stance against fan fiction.

• Locked thread