Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
question. If Canadians have pools in summer are they skating rinks in winter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
no, we have no pools, please leave

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

what even is a swimming pool

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Fsmhunk posted:

I dont think any of Canada will be attacked or bombed by the United States, but I understand if it makes some people feel powerful to imagine it will.

One of your programs did those street interviews of Americans which showcases our embarrassing lack of knowledge of geography, and when asked if we should bomb Saskatchewan, they all said yes.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

personally Saskatchewan could do with a bombing or so

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

JawKnee posted:

what even is a swimming pool

it's a trap in your backyard for drowning trespassing children

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

there are no children in Canada, so this is not a concern

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Has your dishy PM been implicated in any big money scandals yet or is there still like a year to go until that happens

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Zorodius posted:

trick question. it's always winter in Canada

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

jBrereton posted:

Has your dishy PM been implicated in any big money scandals yet or is there still like a year to go until that happens

PM JTrudeau has been imprinted on our latest batch of Candian Tire Big Money so I think this answers all your questions, no need to come here and look

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

JawKnee posted:

PM JTrudeau has been imprinted on our latest batch of Candian Tire Big Money so I think this answers all your questions, no need to come here and look

don't listen to this rear end in a top hat, we here in Canada welcome questions about our diverse and exciting culture

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

social vegan posted:

don't listen to this rear end in a top hat, we here in Canada welcome questions about our diverse and exciting culture

Excuse me friend, but someone has the order of Canada, and it isn't you

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i stand w saskatchewan sure i haven't been there and can't really think of a reason to but i'm sure they r nice folks

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Penguins.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

social vegan posted:

i stand w saskatchewan sure i haven't been there and can't really think of a reason to but i'm sure they r nice folks

Uhh do they even have an Eaton Centre there?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Uhh do they even have an Eaton Centre there?

idk but if they took the one from here i'd never notice because this is toronto and if ur not all in for neighbourhood tribalism then u probably live in scarborough and tell everyone ur from toronto look i have my limits

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

CharlesM posted:

One of your programs did those street interviews of Americans which showcases our embarrassing lack of knowledge of geography, and when asked if we should bomb Saskatchewan, they all said yes.

This Hour Has 22 Minutes I think. Rick Mercer's talking To Americans segment.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I am Canadian and Glad
I fly the Canadian Flag
I shot a white goose
While riding a moose
And now live at home with my dad.

Just a little limerick fun for our friends up north.

cnut
May 3, 2016

SweetKarma posted:

I am Canadian and Glad
I fly the Canadian Flag
I shot a white goose
While riding a moose
And now live at home with my dad.

Just a little limerick fun for our friends up north.

You certainly captured the zeitgeist.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
Gee, thanks.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Victoria, BC, Canada might actually be one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen, and I have been to much of Europe and all over the US. I am walking around this town, that looks like something out of a Disney movie, and it's just a regular day with people walking around and going to work and loving whales are doing backflips under the bridge I am walking on. God drat what a pretty place that is.

In Saint John I had jerk poutine and it was one of the best things I ever ate and those are my two Canada stories/experiences.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Canada, is a racist country.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The topic title doesn't make any sense?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

trick question. it's always winter in Canada

Untrue.

Things can get pretty hot up there. 90-100 degrees hot. But they get like, only a month between that and freezing cold and snow and grizzly bears roaming the city.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Zorodius posted:

It would damage the lining but otherwise yes it's possible

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

social vegan posted:

idk but if they took the one from here i'd never notice because this is toronto and if ur not all in for neighbourhood tribalism then u probably live in scarborough and tell everyone ur from toronto look i have my limits

Scarborough? gently caress off I live in the Beaches

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Scarborough? gently caress off I live in the Beaches

why would u ever go 2 the eaton centre the east end owns

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im gay

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
canada's housing market is strong and vibrant and many people are earning returns on their house & truck equity :)

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Improbable Lobster posted:

This Hour Has 22 Minutes I think. Rick Mercer's talking To Americans segment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFgPX0hnNfA

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

social vegan posted:

why would u ever go 2 the eaton centre the east end owns

I have below average household debt and I'm just trying to keep up with the Joneses :smith:

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Winnipeg!

Highest murder capitol in Canada (still I think?)!

Winnipeg!

Where driving on our roads reminds you what it is like driving on bombed out roads in warzones!

Winnipeg!

Where it reaches -60 in the winter, but don't worry you're still expected to get to work!

Winnipeg!

We have a Human Rights Museum that we were pumped for as it would bring tourists to Winnipeg to see....atrocities..but then we got the Jets back so gently caress that museum!
....also they take bribes to show/not show certain atrocities.

Winnipeg!

Racist capital of Canada! Anything you Americans say about Mexicans or African-Americans we say about Indigenous people and then hold our noses up at your racism! gently caress there are reserves that haven't had clean water in over 40 years!

Winnipeg!

We have a new football stadium on our University because the guy that promised he would pay for it himself by building a mall and putting it somewhere sensible ended up not building the mall, making us pay for it and couldn't put it somewhere sensible so he used his University connections to turn land that was for Dorm rooms into a football stadium so he could still control the football team (it was a dream of his) until he blew the budget and got kicked out!!
...oh and there is only two ways into the Stadium right now so traffic gets bottlenecked, surrounding neighborhoods get noisy and the students have to gently caress off when there is football. CANADIAN FOOTBALL

Winnipeg!

We actually have a kick rear end music scene, some good festivals, diversity of amazing food and have a small town feel even though we're supposed to be a city.

WINNIPEG!!!!

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Everything I learned about canada is from strange brew and the trailer park boys.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Winnipeg!

Highest murder capitol in Canada (still I think?)!

Winnipeg!

Where driving on our roads reminds you what it is like driving on bombed out roads in warzones!

Winnipeg!

Where it reaches -60 in the winter, but don't worry you're still expected to get to work!

Winnipeg!

We have a Human Rights Museum that we were pumped for as it would bring tourists to Winnipeg to see....atrocities..but then we got the Jets back so gently caress that museum!
....also they take bribes to show/not show certain atrocities.

Winnipeg!

Racist capital of Canada! Anything you Americans say about Mexicans or African-Americans we say about Indigenous people and then hold our noses up at your racism! gently caress there are reserves that haven't had clean water in over 40 years!

Winnipeg!

We have a new football stadium on our University because the guy that promised he would pay for it himself by building a mall and putting it somewhere sensible ended up not building the mall, making us pay for it and couldn't put it somewhere sensible so he used his University connections to turn land that was for Dorm rooms into a football stadium so he could still control the football team (it was a dream of his) until he blew the budget and got kicked out!!
...oh and there is only two ways into the Stadium right now so traffic gets bottlenecked, surrounding neighborhoods get noisy and the students have to gently caress off when there is football. CANADIAN FOOTBALL

Winnipeg!

We actually have a kick rear end music scene, some good festivals, diversity of amazing food and have a small town feel even though we're supposed to be a city.

WINNIPEG!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLlsjEP7L-k

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm not a fan of the Weakerthans but man that song has always been Winnipeg to me.

I do love my city by the way. I like the small feel, I like the quirks of a small town pretending to be a city. I just don't cover it up in rose-covered glasses. I know what this city really is, warts and all. I know most people loving hate this place.

*Canadian voice* But I'm sorry, it's my home eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVgjD8wdNzo

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Normally I would say that Vancouver is the best city in cananada but mainland Chinese laundering money into Canada has essentially ruined Vancouver sucks for Canadians who actually want to live there

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Do it ironically posted:

Normally I would say that Vancouver is the best city in cananada but mainland Chinese laundering money into Canada has essentially ruined Vancouver sucks for Canadians who actually want to live there

It's a real boon for the rest of the nation though, bc we get all the runoff poors who couldn't make it in Vancouver and spend every apparent waking moment telling other people how great Vancouver is and how they wish they could live there instead of <current location>.

It never gets tiresome ever !!! So fun + cool !!!!!

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

drat horror queefs posted:

It's a real boon for the rest of the nation though, bc we get all the runoff poors who couldn't make it in Vancouver and spend every apparent waking moment telling other people how great Vancouver is and how they wish they could live there instead of <current location>.

It never gets tiresome ever !!! So fun + cool !!!!!

Hahahaha after high school I knew of at least a dozen people who were going to live in vancouver because "it's different" and "it's better"

Not one of those motherfuckers still live there. Yeah it may be cool but you need to pay the bills you hippy.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

there are no jobs in Canada, we up here live in communal villages and have eschewed a monetary system with the exception of trading fragments of poutine recipes handed down by our forebears. This can be hard on immigrants who are forced to make up their own recipes for trade, and they are usually poo poo (with some noteable exceptions) - so think twice before you attempt the arduous trek across the 49th or into Upper Canada - so named because on the Canadian shield all compasses point south.

Further facts about Canada to come, gentle readers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

does the milk still come in bags?

• Locked thread