Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will trump make it through an entire term?
no, he will not make it to inauguration day
no, he will leave before his first term is done
yes, he will last one term
yes, he will last both terms
yes, he will reign forever
View Results

• Locked thread
Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

I think he'll do something really dumb like sharing classified info with his kids or accidentally reveal something secret in a twitter rant. Whether that gets him kicked out, we'll see.

If I had to bet, I'd imagine he gets bored after a while and realizes he can make more money being a talking head on TV/going on endless book tours. He'll blame this on the democrats in congress or the media for not letting him "make America great", absolving all resent among his supporters when he gives up.

Fish Of Doom has issued a correction as of 01:13 on Nov 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Fish Of Doom posted:

I think he'll do something really dumb like sharing classified info with his kids or accidentally reveal something secret in a twitter rant. Whether that gets him kicked out, we'll see.

If I had to bet, I'd imagine he gets bored after a while and realizes he can make more money being a talking head on TV/going on endless book tours. He'll blame this on the democrats in congress or the media for not letting him "make America great", absolving all resent among his supporters when he gives up.

Is it possible for the President to violate secrecy? I was under the impression that the whole chain of classification inherently came from the opinion of the President.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Fish Of Doom posted:

Ten minutes after getting his briefing as president he tweets 'holy poo poo aliens are real'

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
itd be hosed up if one of hillarys goals as pres was to talk about aliens being real and donald trump does it by accident in a tweet

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

he will become extremely obsessed with approval ratings and once his rallies start drying up and losing their fervor and his ratings tank, he will resign due to the media being unfair to him. i think if i had to guess it's after the late 2017/early 2018 recession that will kick off democrats regaining control of the senate

he's going to do exactly this if he doesn't get impeached (which could work in his favor if he makes it happen in the right way) and follow the Sarah Palin playbook but with a new TV network

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL
Everyone dreaming that trump will resign are delusional. He'll still be there even if entirely a figurehead. Just like bush ii from 06-08

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Business Octopus posted:

Everyone dreaming that trump will resign are delusional. He'll still be there even if entirely a figurehead. Just like bush ii from 06-08

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I'm super jealous that Pence is gonna get to play Shadow President for real for 8 years. Gonna make Cheney seem like he was uninvolved in the Executive by comparison.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
He's gonna launch the nukes without any forethought simply because he can do it.

Even if he doesn't cause armageddon he'll help to normalize the casual usage of nukes in conflict zones.

Lamebot has issued a correction as of 17:34 on Nov 18, 2016

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I bet he's felled by a health issue after his wig blows off in public, revealing some heavy scarring and destroying his fragile self-image. Him lasting to 2020 with his diet is unlikely but possible...but he won't even remotely look good.

Expect him to age quickly and badly.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Thump! posted:

I'm super jealous that Pence is gonna get to play Shadow President for real for 8 years. Gonna make Cheney seem like he was uninvolved in the Executive by comparison.

:lol: if you think Trump and Bannon will let Pence do anything more than cast the tie breaking vote in the Senate.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
I'd be surprised if Bannon's attempts to institute anarchy aren't blocked by the roughly two dozen other people all vying to be Wormtongue.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Thump! posted:

While Trump is a lazy idiot who likely would want to offload the burdens of actually governing, he's also a jealous, petty man who doesn't like others play with his toys. One of the things that let Cheney do as much as he did was that he and W had a decent personal relationship, and W was/is at heart an affable buffoon. Trump had his heels dug in on accepting Pence as running mate for quite a while, didn't communicate with him much during the campaign, and from what I can tell doesn't even like him all that much. So small hopes on that front.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Whiskey Sours posted:

The best part of this is going to be watching Bannon, Priebus and Pence fight over the role of de facto Prime Minister

you forgot kushner

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

theres no way someone who loves attention as much as trump willingly gives up the single most visible office in the world

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Stexils posted:

theres no way someone who loves attention as much as trump willingly gives up the single most visible office in the world

It's equally unlikely that someone with as short an attention span and deep aversion to genuine effort as Trump will be able to bear up to what's actually required of him in office.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah I'm not sure why anyone would think Pence would be the guy in charge. Trump is literally going to be the most powerful man in the world. Why the hell would he, Donald loving Trump, let someone else do that

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Yeah I'm not sure why anyone would think Pence would be the guy in charge. Trump is literally going to be the most powerful man in the world. Why the hell would he, Donald loving Trump, let someone else do that

It's going to be interesting to see how he deals with actual incidents where he has to make the final word and deal with the consequences. A big part of his life has been avoiding stuff he doesn't want to deal with and now he's in a position where he can't do that. And that's what I think the world is waiting on: if he's going to start bitching and whining on Twitter when his VP is booed at an event, then he's going to completely fold when a real crisis hits. And it's not going to one of those things glossed over by history, it's going to be something that is historical and causes a real issue of how America deals with an executive that cannot do his job.

He may not want to give it up, but his opinion won't matter if he makes the GOP look bad. When the GOP starts pretending he doesn't exist again that's when real poo poo will go down.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Deadlysherpa posted:

He's not going to make it past his first term, because he's an extreme narcissist and once the rosy glow of being sworn in wears off, he is going to face a tremendous amount of criticism. He is not going to take it well and make a lot of enemies of the people near him.

His only way out will be to rule with an iron hand, but his hands are soft and small.

yeah I bet the guy who runs a giant corporation has never had to deal with criticism and pressure from people who want poo poo from him before

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

The multimillionaire CEO part-time TV clown can't delegate or take criticism, and now that he can legally have his enemies killed if he really wants to it is going to gently caress. him. up.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

It will probably be a terrible slog of Trump tweet water torture until election day 2020.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
My bet is he makes it through the term, but I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to not run for reelection.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

My bet is he makes it through the term, but I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to not run for reelection.

if he makes it through, his ego will force him onwards. if he fucks up bad enough and the DNC rebuilds correctly. they can beat him.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
There is precedent in at least Nixon with what happens when a president is incapacitated, by the way.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
he gun pull a Palin

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

He may not want to give it up, but his opinion won't matter if he makes the GOP look bad. When the GOP starts pretending he doesn't exist again that's when real poo poo will go down.

Just lol is this happens before he's even inaugurated

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
The real question is, when is Pence going to get turned into a blob of jello by Magneto?

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Jose posted:

you forgot kushner

Yeah, it's actually Bannon, Pence and a Preibus shaped puppet being run by Kushner in contention.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

It's going to be interesting to see how he deals with actual incidents where he has to make the final word and deal with the consequences. A big part of his life has been avoiding stuff he doesn't want to deal with and now he's in a position where he can't do that. And that's what I think the world is waiting on: if he's going to start bitching and whining on Twitter when his VP is booed at an event, then he's going to completely fold when a real crisis hits. And it's not going to one of those things glossed over by history, it's going to be something that is historical and causes a real issue of how America deals with an executive that cannot do his job.

Has anyone compared Trump to Mao Zedong yet? He'll have the Red Guards berate GOP Congressmen, force them into self-criticism sessions, and send them out to rural Kentucky for reeducation.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Deadlysherpa posted:

He's not going to make it past his first term, because he's an extreme narcissist and once the rosy glow of being sworn in wears off, he is going to face a tremendous amount of criticism. He is not going to take it well and make a lot of enemies of the people near him.

His only way out will be to rule with an iron hand, but his hands are soft and small.

i think this is true and i am excited to watch the president melt down

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

I have no doubt that Trump will probably gently caress up a lot.

At the same time, I think his desire to keep holding rallies (which will all be broadcast live on cable in full) will allow to carry out the sort of Mao-like mobilizations that will either gently caress things up tremendously or just rile up people's hatred.

semper wifi
Oct 31, 2007
i wish all the D voters in c-spam had a "trump's done for sure now!!" post counter attached to them, some of you guys are probably in triple digits at this point

semper wifi has issued a correction as of 09:45 on Nov 21, 2016

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Patter Song posted:

Has anyone compared Trump to Mao Zedong yet? He'll have the Red Guards berate GOP Congressmen, force them into self-criticism sessions, and send them out to rural Kentucky for reeducation.

maybe. but thats probably what the DNC will turn into if the liberals let the Ivory tower "progressives" have anymore control.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

semper wifi posted:

i wish all the D voters in c-spam had a "trump's done for sure now!!" post counter attached to them, some of you guys are probably in triple digits at this point

lets not get ahead of ourselves though, there's plenty of time and ample opportunity and all signs are pointing to 4 years of pure shitshow

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

echronorian posted:

Just lol is this happens before he's even inaugurated

Weirder things, my friend. Trump has already run into poo poo with his infrastructure bill/scam. The GOP isn't happy about knocking it down to 7 trillion.

Patter Song posted:

I think we give Trump a lot of credit where it doesn't matter. If he was pulling in 75-80% of the vote, then yes. But right now all I see is the slight minority of voters pulling typical cowardly racist poo poo without enough organization or skill to pull off something of this magnitude. I think if Trump went against the GOP like this he would be immediately labeled mentally unfit by Pence and Ryan ala the 25th Amendment and removed from power. Yeah, we could have a fascist ruler in America, but it's going to have to bow to the GOP first.

shave and a harelip posted:

i think this is true and i am excited to watch the president melt down

The first time he threatens nukes will be the utter end of his presidency because there will be no way everybody in the world doesn't react to that. Even with the media in their pocket, that's it for Trump.

Teikanmi posted:

lets not get ahead of ourselves though, there's plenty of time and ample opportunity and all signs are pointing to 4 years of pure shitshow

I'm still thinking two at the topmost. I've been wrong before, but I think Trump will fall into Don't Give a gently caress mode pretty quick when he thinks he can't be stopped and then is.

BannedByHillary
Nov 22, 2016
Trump and Bannon will keep pushing boundaries, break the state, and find a way to hold on to power now that they are at the center of the apparatus.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
8 months into the term Pence is caught electrocuting the gay out of himself so he resigns out of shame and moves to rural Indiana never to be seen again. Trump appoints Kanye West to fill the vacancy but resigns the day before election day 2020 because he just wasn't in the mood to be president that day despite having a 85% approval rating from ending every war in the Middle East and making America great again. Kanye easily wins reelection riding on the back of Trump's popularity and becomes president for the rest of eternity.

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

There is no way in hell that the GOP-controlled Congress of the United States is going to impeach Trump good lord.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Whiskey Sours posted:

The best part of this is going to be watching Bannon, Priebus and Pence fight over the role of de facto Prime Minister

i mostly wanna see bannon fight the (((son in law)))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i mostly wanna see bannon fight the (((son in law)))

If there's one driving motivator for Trump, it's advancing the interests of the House of Trump. Kushner is family (and wedded to Trump's favorite child, and father to Trump's grandson) and Bannon isn't. Trump, like a Medieval noble or a 20th century mafioso, prioritizes House Trump over any outsider. Ivanka trumps literally everyone in influence on her father, and Kushner is family through her. Bannon will not win a fight for The Donald's ear vs Kushner and Ivanka.

• Locked thread