Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will trump make it through an entire term?
no, he will not make it to inauguration day
no, he will leave before his first term is done
yes, he will last one term
yes, he will last both terms
yes, he will reign forever
View Results

• Locked thread
Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

mintskoal posted:

There is no way in hell that the GOP-controlled Congress of the United States is going to impeach Trump good lord.

This is Trump we're talking about

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

mintskoal posted:

There is no way in hell that the GOP-controlled Congress of the United States is going to impeach Trump good lord.

the outcome of "trump impeached and convicted by GOP" is very funny, but it's extremely unlikely

it is extremely unlikely because we are currently living in the most hosed up asinine timeline

this is what will actually happen:

the GOP will vote to impeach after some especially heinous thing happens but the democrats will know that pence is much worse, somehow, than trump, so they will not vote to convict in the senate

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Patter Song posted:

If there's one driving motivator for Trump, it's advancing the interests of the House of Trump. Kushner is family (and wedded to Trump's favorite child, and father to Trump's grandson) and Bannon isn't. Trump, like a Medieval noble or a 20th century mafioso, prioritizes House Trump over any outsider. Ivanka trumps literally everyone in influence on her father, and Kushner is family through her. Bannon will not win a fight for The Donald's ear vs Kushner and Ivanka.

i look forward to seeing bannon sent to the dungeon for going against the interests of house trump

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

mintskoal posted:

I can see it happening if Trump decides not to play ball with them, which is extremely unlikely. I can envision a scenario where Trump wants something done ASAP and Congress doesn't jump, leading to an embarrassing confrontation over How poo poo Works that spirals out of control.

I'm predicting Trump is just going to be aloof as hell and will rubber-stamp whatever Paul Ryan puts in front of him.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Grey Fox posted:

I can see it happening if Trump decides not to play ball with them, which is extremely unlikely. I can envision a scenario where Trump wants something done ASAP and Congress doesn't jump, leading to an embarrassing confrontation over How poo poo Works that spirals out of control.

I'm predicting Trump is just going to be aloof as hell and will rubber-stamp whatever Paul Ryan puts in front of him.

This is the most likely outcome, but if Ryan or anyone else in Congress isn't behaving with what Trump thinks is appropriate servility I can totally see him shutting down random bills out of pure childish spite, while tweeting inane falsehoods about the whole thing of course.

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

He's melting down over some long shot recount, so I can't imagine how bad he'd melt down over a legitimate crisis. The GOP must be considering impeachment possibilites, right? Right??? :smith:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Xtra Innings Lovin posted:

He's melting down over some long shot recount, so I can't imagine how bad he'd melt down over a legitimate crisis. The GOP must be considering impeachment possibilites, right? Right??? :smith:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/802972944532209664

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/803033642545115140

yeah. i honestly don't know if he will last a full term.

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high
The scenario where the GOP impeaches Trump is where he's loving up so bad that the tide of public opinion is pointing to a dem wave in 2020, and they jettison him to try to save themselves. I wouldn't call it likely, but I wouldn't call it unlikely either.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Z. Autobahn posted:

The scenario where the GOP impeaches Trump is where he's loving up so bad that the tide of public opinion is pointing to a dem wave in 2020, and they jettison him to try to save themselves. I wouldn't call it likely, but I wouldn't call it unlikely either.

thats the thing, trump is unpredictable as gently caress and that's what scares me.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
temporarily edited the title to accurately reflect our political landscape as of end of november into december 2016 :ocelot:

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:
Lastgirl, can you edit a thread title to be Molten Salt Reactor

doesn't have to be any particular thread, it's just a great name that should be brought back

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Lol if you'd rather have an establishment repub in his place

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

trump: having the time of his life trolling people as the president elect

goons: lol nice meltdown :smithicide:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

We'll get a better idea once he comes up against something he can't bully his way around. Considering a recount has gotten under his skin so much that he can't stop going on about it, I can hardly wait until 'art of the deal' here gets into a situation where he doesn't get everything he wants and starts crying about it, souring the relationship with the Democrats so much that everything goes into lockdown and nothing gets done. Supreme Court pick might just do that unless Obama just appoints someone on the way out and tells everybody to deal with it.

Prav posted:

He's having the time of his life crying on Twitter and making himself look bad? Let me guess, he's the ultimate puppetmaster as well.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

i'm betting on nervous breakdown wherein he winds up naked and covered in gold paint a couple blocks from Trump Tower, bellowing at passerby about how Hillary is beaming messages into his head

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Prav posted:

*shitposts*

Laughing Out Loud Guys, Just Trolling!!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Oh Hell No posted:

i'm betting on nervous breakdown wherein he winds up naked and covered in gold paint a couple blocks from Trump Tower, bellowing at passerby about how Hillary is beaming messages into his head

Kanye 2020

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
C-SPAM 4 years from now: "Will Donald Trump make it through another four years as president?"

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Korelle posted:

C-SPAM 4 years from now: "Will Donald Trump make it through another four years as emperor?"

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Andorra posted:

8 months into the term Pence is caught electrocuting the gay out of himself so he resigns out of shame

Thee least likely thing in a thread full of speculative fiction

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Korelle posted:

C-SPAM 4 years from now: "We didn't need California or the West Coast as states anyway, so anyway do you know of any good way to keep rural Americans from my doorstep asking for donations because they're homeless thanks to the Hurricane Irving mishandling."

Come on, we all know how this is going to end. Trump is going to be known as the man who completely failed in office and ended up ceding part of the nation to Mexico in some of the greatest military blunders ever.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Come on, we all know how this is going to end. Trump is going to be known as the man who completely failed in office and ended up ceding part of the nation to Mexico in some of the greatest military blunders ever.
And celebrated across the world as the most successful anti-imperialist hero.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

oh no but we needed texas

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Korelle posted:

C-SPAM 4 years from now: "He gazed up at the enormous face. Four years it had taken him to learn what kind of winner was hidden beneath the toupée. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Donald Trump."

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

you're going to get 8 years of trump guys

buckle the gently caress up

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
Trump will serve two terms, as goons poo poo themselves the entire time.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dingleberry Jones posted:

Don't shame my obliterated butthole.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Trump will serve two terms, as he shits himself the entire time.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

I'd rather poo poo my pants on my feet than post smugly on my knees.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

More than two terms once we start electing his extended family.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

as goons poo poo themselves the entire time.

Well that was a given regardless of who won.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Korelle posted:

C-SPAM 4 years from now: "Will Donald Trump make it through another four years as president?"

C-SPAM 4 years from now: *driving through the california wasteland* WITNESS ME :q:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Found this pic from the future of lord trampgfughkjdhf

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i miss gamequoter

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Trump will die on the toilet at 73 weight 300 pounds.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

glad you think he'll try to lose weight

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

He looks really unhealthy, and looks like he gained weight during the campaign. I wouldn't be shocked with this outcome. :shrug:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

He looks really unhealthy, and looks like he gained weight during the campaign. I wouldn't be shocked with this outcome. :shrug:

Most candidates probably come out of the state fair circuit with a few extra pounds of parasites from all the fine carnie-prepared cuisine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

barron shoots trump on the toliet w/a crossbow and w/e else that spoiler was

• Locked thread