Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Watched the whole thing. Main takeaway is that Lauren Graham is still a drat good actress. And it was nice seeing her talk to Peter Krause in that small scene.

Alexis Bledel is still a terrible actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

SEX BURRITO posted:

I agree. It feels like Rory hasn't grown at all, and that we're watching a fresh college grad rather than someone in their early 30s. You can tell that most of the storylines were written for the characters 10 years ago, with Rory's nomadic lifestyle and Luke and Lorelei discussing a baby despite being nearly 50.

How has Rory done so badly in her career anyway? She was hired by that Providence newspaper in season 7 so she could have found a similar job after covering the Obama campaign. She's a Yale grad, had family money behind her to do unpaid internships if she wanted, and was apparently a fairly talented writer. It was definitely a storyline for a 22 year old.

She's too elitist. She almost got that New York Times job and she probably didn't want to fall too below that. I think she's been doing freelance for like 8 years.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I was never sure if we were supposed to think they were amazing in the original series. Amy Sherman certainly seems to like them for some reason. Also gently caress that Australian guy.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah all those elite schools have groups like that. Harvard has final clubs Yale has stuff like Skull and Bones.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's Lorelai and Emily

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Im glad that Christopher looks miserable.

What was the deal with the therapist? Is the payoff that she's a crazy broadway person?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The problem was that it ran on that 700 Club channel

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

redbackground posted:

I wonder of MM herself actively did not want to come back, but she didn't want to deal with the negative press she'd probably get. I would love to know what actually happened there.

She's the most high profile actor next to the guy that plays Doyle. She probably wanted a lot of money or just a short scene.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mandrel posted:

I'm pretty sure Melissa McCarthy is a bigger star than the dude who plays Doyle

Physically bigger, maybe.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I would also fall asleep listening to millenials talks about why they wait in line.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Part of the reason why I loved the original series was that it was a nice contrast to the despair of the Bush administration era and the financial system downfall. I have a feeling I'll be doing a re-watch of the series in the coming years.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Paris acts like a oval office most of the time and I don't see why anyone would be her friend

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That Logan steampunk scene appears to be an homage to the movie Across the Universe. It's the same cover of the song and they do the rooftop thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK_amxSmM70

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

She was in Bunheads. Her character was a stern lawyer or something. Exactly the same as Paris.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mitch admitted he was wrong when she was the editor for Yale Daily

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What do you think of Logan and the other lovely yale friends? There's way more of that. And more Christopher.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Netflix twitter account has been posting about who could be the baby's father so we are probably getting another season.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They weren't exclusive. I'm sure Rorie gave it up for Paul a few times. Also Rorie is terrible so of course she drinks. Does she even need to work? Grandpa probably left her a $10 million trust fund.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's Jess for her. He's the one that finally convinced her she's not a good journalist and should write a book instead. She's always been into literature and I never understood why she wanted to work for newspapers.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

SEX BURRITO posted:

Chilton teacher is probably the perfect job for her. She can share her love of books and has an army of admiring teenagers hanging on her every word

I thought that was the direction the show was going but Rorie rolled her eyes so hard at the job offer I think she'd rather kill herself than be a teacher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You can also teach at community colleges with a Master's but I'm sure she wouldn't be caught dead in one of those campuses

• Locked thread