Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aegof
Mar 2, 2011

FFT is great, but it definitely had some bullshit. Enough that I can't really blame anyone who got turned off when they hit a wall. JP always felt like it came too slowly, so I was rarely willing to use a Support skill that wasn't Gained JP Up. Riovanes had a doubleboss and an absurd rescue mission one after another, where the best strategies required advance knowledge or hilarious cheese. And so on.

But I haven't found a game that where I enjoyed scrolling through skill lists and building a character nearly as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Thundercracker posted:

XIII on the other hand drops you into a world of jargon, has the characters hating each other or with active secret agendas, and the loving goal wildly oscillates throughout the story with backstabs and reveals.

Except maybe the jargon, (which never actually bothered me, somehow,) this stuff was my favorite part of FF13, and I was pretty excited to see how it all ended up.
Yeah, I was disappointed, but I appreciated the tension while it lasted.

• Locked thread