Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
I didn't read this thread, but the great Final Fantasy games are:
FF6
FF4
FFT
FF9

The terrible Final Fantasy games are:
FF8!!!!
FFX

Everything else is mixed.(never played anything past FFXII)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

well HECK Phil posted:

I've enjoyed the direction the Final Fantasy series has gone over the years. While I've not enjoyed all the titles in the franchise, overall I've liked what they've put out. I look forward to the 15th installment in this series and do hope, excluding the traditional tropes used, that it's something new and different from the previous titles. Also, Final Fantasy VI is a flawed game, but I still, to this day, enjoy it. I can overlook game faults and story holes if the entirety of the experience is focused on fun game play.

How can FFVI possibly be described as flawed? It had an amazing story, great visuals, good battle systems, etc.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

exquisite tea posted:

I understand that Final Fantasy fans are by definition heavily reverential of the mid-late 90s era of JRPGs and will always say FF6 was their favorite, or FF7 or FFT, maybe 4 if they want to be a real contrarian hero. But search your heart, and you will realize that FFX-2 is the best of the series in every single aspect. I know most of you are too embarrassed to admit it, but I know it's true.

I will agree with this in that it probably has the best battle and job system in the series.
But that story. And the annoying way it expects New Game +. Ugh.

• Locked thread