Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

El Generico posted:

I liked 13 and 14, so the main series is on a roll for me. 13's sequels are trash though.

13 annoyed me because characters had such ridiculous motivations. It also feels like it takes too long to actually begin. By that I mean you're 10 hours in your party still isn't united and it's still slowly rolling out new mechanics.
The game finally feels like it's started when you get to Pulse and by that point I was pretty much done.

I only played it really recently on the PC and I just suddenly stopped because it had annoyed me so much. I didn't hate Vanille or Fang or whatever like lots of other people do but I definitely hated Snow and his stupid smug insufferableness. And Hope hating Snow and coming along anyway felt like something from a tacky anime.

I played FF6 much later than the other games, on an emulator. I remember being around 15 and reading an article in a gaming magazine about it (when it was called Final Fantasy 3) but it being impossible to buy in the UK. I really disliked it. More than anything else the encounter rate felt ridiculously high to me and that annoyed me.
I had the same feeling with FF9 but not so much with 8 and 7.

Sure the world might have been interesting and having the world of ruin was cool but being constantly interrupted by fights was just too much for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Eej posted:

FF13 was really bad but Hope was pretty cool so I gotta say this: did you miss the part where Hope says he's gonna get revenge on the guy who got his mother killed and then Lightning is like cool, and gives him a knife to stab him with? That's literally the reason why he tags along.

Because his mother died in a way he saw that wasn't directly to do with Snow at all. He's a kid and I expect him to not get that but everyone else? Come on.

• Locked thread