Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Mob posted:

WCW Uncensored

Reason: There's plenty, but Regal and Finlay have have a loving potato-fest that only went 17 but feels like it's 45 minutes long

There's also the Sting/Booker T vs. Road Warriors Chicago street fight that went literally 30 minutes long. Plus the Doomsday Cage match that was about 3 hours long.

I don't think WCW has ever had a good Uncensored show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This might be recency bias but for 2015 I'll go with Wrestle Kingdom 9. This was my first big introduction to NJPW and I was instantly hooked. Nakamura/Ibushi is an instant classic, the junior tag team match is a great introduction to the kind of clusterfuck spotfests they do, Ishii is a total badass even if he had to lose to Makabe who kinda sucks, you got Styles and the Bullet Club at their peak, and although we've seen Tanahashi/Okada a billion times it's always a great match and this was no exception.

WrestleMania 31 was great and NXT Brooklyn holds a special place in my heart, but for top-to-bottom match quality it's hard to beat Wrestle Kingdom that year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Jerusalem posted:

1989 Wrestlewar was the first NWA show I ever saw.

That Flair/Steamboat match :stwoon:

The Flair/Steamboat trilogy is a stone-cold classic, but both guys are on the record saying they had house show matches that were even better, which is just insane to think about.

• Locked thread