Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reddd88
May 15, 2014
Six months ago, I convinced my SO to adopt a hairless cat. His name is Bagheera. And now I'm a real life cat lady. He's a hand full: bathing every week, wiping poop from his butt like a child, potty training like a child... Ok, he's my child.

Here's our life.

"YASSSS. It's so warm in here."

Thug life

"You're going to pay for this picture." We still don't have this down yet :(

Those eyes

EXHAUSTED. "Let me be woman."

So sophisticated

CuddleBAT

"Just... No ma"

"GOD drat IT, ANDREA. I thought we discussed this!"

"What are you doing to me???"

"I'm pooping in this woman's shoes later."

"HAHA! Just kidding, I'm pooping in her pants while she's pooping!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reddd88
May 15, 2014

Avshalom posted:

i want to kiss him. is his skin super warm?

Very warm; perfect for kisses although he doesn't quite appreciate them. Plus, even a few days after his weekly bath he starts to get a little stinky.

reddd88
May 15, 2014

triteon posted:

Do you have any advice on where to adopt one, or did you get lucky? We've been looking for one for a while.

I looked on hoobly.com for a long time before I found him. He was relatively cheap (read: $925). I follow a few on social media sites and they get close to $2500! Where are you located?

reddd88
May 15, 2014

Seat Safety Switch posted:

How do you bathe a Sphynx anyway? I would assume they get used to it from an early age so they're not quite as likely to kill you as conventional cats.

Very carefully. Bagheera doesn't like it but tolerates it.

reddd88
May 15, 2014
Some more pictures of the Goblin. Funnily enough, we going going to name him either Smeago, Gollum or Dobby.

That's right, he loves his Doctor Who blanket... and this toy ball.

"I see you creepin woman."

"Let me outside you devil of a woman."

reddd88
May 15, 2014
We also had a heck of a time trying to get him to stop sucking on himself. We got him when he was 4 months old so he had plenty of time with his mom (they usually suckle themselves if they've been removed from mom too soon). He finally just stopped on his own but we were worried because he was doing it too hard and leaving open wounds on himself :(

Trying to protect his skin:

Also, CAT NUTS:

reddd88
May 15, 2014

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Prepare to have an enormous collection of cat clothes one day.

The fancier the better.

I love it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reddd88
May 15, 2014

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Do baby clothes fit on a cat? This is important.

Good question... no babies in this household.

• Locked thread