Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
People were confused about the last thread since it had Tidal in the title.

This is a general thread for anybody that wants to talk about Prince, Prince related news, associates of Prince, albums, past live shows, tributes, bootlegs, Paisley Park, posthumous releases, legal proceedings and more.

Some starting topics:

- Prince died of an overdose. He wasn't murdered.
- The final release in Prince's lifetime was a single of Black Sweat from the final Atlanta show. He mixed the entire show for release before his death.
- The first posthumous release is the best of, 4Ever. It features the unreleased song Moonbeam Levels. Prince picked the cover when he made amends with Warner https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4Ever_(Prince_album)
- It's reported that Prince also delivered the remaster of Purple Rain and a new album of 'unreleased material', which he also picked the art for. Which is weird because Warner announced a deluxe edition of Purple Rain as the first release after 4Ever. Who knows what the bonus material will be. Both releases are slated for 2017.
- Universal Music Publishing Group announced it had been named “the exclusive worldwide publishing administrator for Prince’s entire song catalog, released and unreleased, effective immediately.”
- Tidal is saying that they have the exclusive streaming rights to Prince's catalog, a HITNRUN remix album and a new untitled album.
- Tidal is trying to buy the rights to Prince's unreleased music.
- Prince's estate is suing Tidal. http://www.startribune.com/prince-estate-files-lawsuit-over-streaming-rights-to-late-star-s-music/401389105/
- Paisley Park is now a museum open to tours. The first thing you'll see is Prince's urn in the atrium. There's special VIP dance parties (for which Prince's DJ put together two 3 hour mixes) and the ability to record vocals in Prince's personal studio over a small portion of one of his songs. So if you want to have Prince laugh at you from Heaven, open up that wallet. https://officialpaisleypark.com/pages/paisley-park-tours
- You can also buy Paisley Park merchadise online. https://officialpaisleypark.com/collections/all

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm unreasonably upset that 4Ever has Sexy MF before My Name is Prince, considering the the latter segues into the former on the original album. What kinds of rear end backwards poo poo is that?

Nevermind the fact that it only encompasses his work up until 1992. That blows. Otherwise, I'm excited for all the unreleased material to start cropping up.

man nurse fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Nov 17, 2016

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

man nurse posted:

I'm unreasonably upset that 4Ever has Sexy MF before My Name is Prince, considering the the latter segues into the former on the original album. What kinds of rear end backwards poo poo is that?

Nevermind the fact that it only encompasses his work up until 1992. That blows. Otherwise, I'm excited for all the unreleased material to start cropping up.

4Ever is a mess. Warner actually sent out a press release saying that The Most Beautiful Girl In The World was on it and ending on the edited live version of Nothing Compares 2 U from Hits/B-Sides is the most wet fart ending. Literally any other song would have been better.

All that said, I'm still excited to hear a perfect quality copy of Moonbeam Levels. It's a great song.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
What's the likelihood that Moonbeam Levels will be 'album only' on iTunes? I'm up to 3 different compilations now* and really don't want another.

*Lesson learned: never buy the bare-bones compilations, always go for the ones with extra stuff.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Creature posted:

What's the likelihood that Moonbeam Levels will be 'album only' on iTunes? I'm up to 3 different compilations now* and really don't want another.

*Lesson learned: never buy the bare-bones compilations, always go for the ones with extra stuff.

https://twitter.com/drfunkenberry/status/793164353805713408

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Has anyone done the Paisley Park tour yet? It's one of those things that I'll probably make a trip out to with a friend of mine, and probably even hate myself as I buy the $100 VIP ticket because "MORE THINGS TO SEE", but didn't know how it was overall

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Is there any place online where I can hear the Prince track "Raspberry Beret"© for free yet?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Astrochicken posted:

Is there any place online where I can hear the Prince track "Raspberry Beret"© for free yet?

^^^Are you serious?^^^

Anyway, thatnks for making this thread. Surprised there's not more interest. I know that since Prince's death, YouTube exploded with material and so many people were like "wow, I didn't know he could do this and that". There's SO MANY great songs that to this day have never entered the mainstream. I'm thinking "Days Of Wild", "Exodus", "The Truth", "Colonized Mind", "Joy in Repetition"...

What the estate really needs to do is release a proper box set with bonus live DVD material that spans the dude's entire career. Prince's live performaces have never been given the proper treatment or exposure. I'd mix in some aftershow stuff too. "Prince 4Ever" makes it seems like the last good sone Prince ever wrote was "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" and it bugs me that people only ever associate him with "Purple Rain", Kiss" and "1999".

He didn't go away or stop writing good stuff. He just went sort of underground. One critic described him as "the most famous underground musician of all time" and I always found that a pretty apt description.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I found an aftershow soundboard called My Band's Tight (10.26.2002) and man it's a fun one. There's a funny moment where Prince stops the show and says 'Did they tell you no cameras? Now I got a really nice soft hotel bed waiting for me. Next person that takes a picture, the one next to them grab them and twist their neck. Take em and grab em and twist their neck like that. Just shake em up and say 'didn't he say no cameras? He got a hotel bed waiting for him. He gonna go to sleep.' We're trying to funk. Please. The lights. The lights they hurt. Please. Alright? No pictures.' before heading right back into The One.

BiggerBoat posted:

What the estate really needs to do is release a proper box set with bonus live DVD material that spans the dude's entire career. Prince's live performaces have never been given the proper treatment or exposure. I'd mix in some aftershow stuff too. "Prince 4Ever" makes it seems like the last good sone Prince ever wrote was "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" and it bugs me that people only ever associate him with "Purple Rain", Kiss" and "1999".

Agreed. I'd love a Jimi Hendrix Stages style boxset. Like The Makings Of Rain, Lovesexy Live, [some filmed show from his O(+> period] and Montreux 2013 bundled together.

Even a new best-of covering his non-Warner career would be amazing. There's so many good tracks.

BiggerBoat posted:

He didn't go away or stop writing good stuff. He just went sort of underground. One critic described him as "the most famous underground musician of all time" and I always found that a pretty apt description.

It's even nuttier when you think that there's nearly 20 years of vault stuff from 1997-2016 that we have literally no idea about.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 20, 2016

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I don't know if this is a mistake but Amazon has Moonbeam Levels available for purchase. I thought for sure that Warner would have made it album only. $1.29

https://www.amazon.com/Moonbeam-Lev...48b6e7e081bcb65

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Weirdly, Tidal have Live at Syracuse up, which is most certainly a bootleg rather than any real release (It also makes the dubious claim that it's Remastered).

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

Syracuse sounds about as good as you'd expect a bootleg to sound. If it's remastered, it must have been done by someone without ears.

There's also a 'Purple Waves' bootleg available. Is this Tidal releasing whatever they've got as a 'gently caress you' to UMG?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ITunes has Moonbeam Levels up on its own, too.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

ITunes has Moonbeam Levels up on its own, too.

Yeah...not really feeling that track.

On the topic of unreleased material and to keep the thread breathing, what are some of you guy's favorite more obscure tracks, released or otherwise? I always list "Calhoun Square" as my favorite lesser known and celebrated song.

General question: wtf is up with the Purple Paisley Head die hards who are going on and on about how Prince was murdered? I spend some time on Prince.org and there's a small but dedicated tin foil hat base of fans who absolutely think that Prince's death was "mysterious" and "there are just SO MANY unanswered questions!" It's real "Loose Change"/JFK poo poo and, for me, it's gone from hilarious to depressing to outright angering me all the way back to funny again.

These people really think they're on to something, cracking the case and pepper their posts with "Chemtrails", anti-vaccination screeds, numerology, cryptic lyrics and dark conspiracies. They think Prince was intentionally poisoned and that "the man" took him out - the Man in this case being either Warner Bros, the Illuminatti or, lately, Russian assassins using Fentanyl - or all three. "The Media", of course, is in on it as well.

It's insane. They post this crap and then call someone crazy for believing there might be life on other planets.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Murdered? No. I do have my reservations that he left 'no' will. I suspect that loving thing is out there and has been either suppressed by the family who don't stand to benefit or hasn't been discovered.

Knowing Prince its probably some audiotrack somewhere, sitting in an unmarked pile of tapes.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Dead Snoopy posted:

Murdered? No. I do have my reservations that he left 'no' will. I suspect that loving thing is out there and has been either suppressed by the family who don't stand to benefit or hasn't been discovered.

Knowing Prince its probably some audiotrack somewhere, sitting in an unmarked pile of tapes.

I'm telling you it's nuts and these people are the worst. Here you go.

http://prince.org/msg/7/433876

I think you nailed it about the will. Prince not having a will makes perfect sense to me, especially with the whole "God takes care of everything/Life is Everlasting" approach he espoused, especially later in his life after his JW conversion. If he is in heaven, like he believed he would be, he's probably up there wondering why so many people are worried about money.

I can easily picture a guy like Prince not having a will. He wasn't married anymore and he had no kids. He clearly thought that his life was just another step in the road on an everlasting journey and that the time he spent on earth was just another chapter in an unwritten book.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

BiggerBoat posted:

Moonbeam Levels is one of those tracks you have to let grow on you. Like The Grand Progression.

BiggerBoat posted:

General question: wtf is up with the Purple Paisley Head die hards who are going on and on about how Prince was murdered? I spend some time on Prince.org and there's a small but dedicated tin foil hat base of fans who absolutely think that Prince's death was "mysterious" and "there are just SO MANY unanswered questions!" It's real "Loose Change"/JFK poo poo and, for me, it's gone from hilarious to depressing to outright angering me all the way back to funny again.

These people really think they're on to something, cracking the case and pepper their posts with "Chemtrails", anti-vaccination screeds, numerology, cryptic lyrics and dark conspiracies. They think Prince was intentionally poisoned and that "the man" took him out - the Man in this case being either Warner Bros, the Illuminatti or, lately, Russian assassins using Fentanyl - or all three. "The Media", of course, is in on it as well.

It's insane. They post this crap and then call someone crazy for believing there might be life on other planets.

It's people who had a certain idea of who Prince was. If you're a person who believed he was a deeply religious man that lived clean and never complained - of course the reality of Prince being a walking contradiction that was having trouble coping with the aftermath of 30 years of brutal live performances won't compute. They're just reaching for some explanation that will allow Prince to retain hero status. (also it's ironic since prince was the type of person who talked about chemtrails and all of that same of stuff)

There's a subset of prince.org people that can't even fathom the stories that he could be uncomfortable in large crowds or nervous before he went on stage. They bought into everything he presented.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 27, 2016

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

On the topic of unreleased material and to keep the thread breathing, what are some of you guy's favorite more obscure tracks, released or otherwise? I always list "Calhoun Square" as my favorite lesser known and celebrated song.

'3 Chains O Gold' off the Love Symbol album is one of my favourite tracks of his. It's so overblown. Likewise, 'Gold' from The Gold Experience. There's a bit of a theme there, I'll admit.

I also have a soft spot for 'Sleep Around' and 'The Human Body' from Emancipation.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Creature posted:

'3 Chains O Gold' off the Love Symbol album is one of my favourite tracks of his. It's so overblown. Likewise, 'Gold' from The Gold Experience. There's a bit of a theme there, I'll admit.

I also have a soft spot for 'Sleep Around' and 'The Human Body' from Emancipation.

Sounds like you like the club sound. "Loose" might be up your alley.

On the subject of "overblown", a lot of The Rainbow Children album is in that category. It's an odd record that doesn't get a lot of mention but for all of its proselytizing and "look at how DEEP I am" vibe, there's a lot of really strong musicianship and songwriting on that record, plus some good production that, for once, feels organic. It's one of those that I like IN SPITE of the lyrics but I hardly ever pull it out BECAUSE of the lyrics. Some of it reminds me of Queen at their best.

"Overblown" tracks like "Last December" and "Family Name" are pretty great.

Prince always seemed to stuff in at least one "overblown" over the top track on every record he made, come to think of it. Sometimes it was just too much but it was obvious he had something to say.

Off topic (and slightly on): I watched "Livesexy 88" the other night for the first time in a while and honestly found it overrated. Time hasn't helped it. I like the album and saw the show but, drat, for someone who hated lip syncing and pre-recorded stuff, Livesexy was rife with it. As much as I love "AnnaStesia", you can see and hear the disconnect when he's rising and playing the keyboard. The drums and most of the music are piped in throughout and, speaking of "overblown", god drat was that concert over the loving top. From the outfits to the choreography to the "message"...

Love that "Bob George" though, the Elton John/P-Funk get up and that sick beat but I think Prince peaked from a "live" standpoint somewhere between the name change and the "musicology" tour. His band got better for one thing. The mid to late 90's NPG were ridiculous and I remember really appreciating at the time that he was surrounding with very talented people instead of people who "looked right: or whatever he thought was important at the time. His drum sound during this time (after the name change) really really helped though. Sheila was great but she's more of a percussionist. Michael Bland and John Blackwell gave Prince's music a much needed thicker, heavier and more organic bottom end.

Funk needs a drummer.

Sorry to rant, but I keep thinking as I write and coming up with forgotten and under appreciated gems. Charlie listed a lot of good ones but for some reason today I thought of "Wasted Kisses" and wondered why Prince buried so much of his really great stuff amidst a sea of mediocrity. Even his choices of singles from "Emancipation" were underwhelming and dull. There's a lot of great poo poo on that record. Something for everyone.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

BiggerBoat posted:

Off topic (and slightly on): I watched "Livesexy 88" the other night for the first time in a while and honestly found it overrated. Time hasn't helped it. I like the album and saw the show but, drat, for someone who hated lip syncing and pre-recorded stuff, Livesexy was rife with it. As much as I love "AnnaStesia", you can see and hear the disconnect when he's rising and playing the keyboard. The drums and most of the music are piped in throughout and, speaking of "overblown", god drat was that concert over the loving top. From the outfits to the choreography to the "message"...

Which version did you watch? There's a bootleg with the original live broadcast and the 'cross the line' section that was deleted for the home release. It's been a few years since I watched it but I don't remember any blatant overdubs.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 28, 2016

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Creature posted:

Gold is an awesome track because it's so god drat cheesy, and at the end, it notifies you that you are an official member of the New Power Generation

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

BiggerBoat posted:

Sheila was great but she's more of a percussionist.

never stop posting

e:

also, count me in the camp of believing that prince genuinely didn't leave a will. it's a very prince thing to do

my pet theory is that he might have done it because he wanted people to hear the music he's kept locked away, but he couldn't square this with his perfectionism. not leaving a will is a loophole around this: he didn't give his stamp of approval to the stuff that's coming out now, but it also allows fans to eventually hear more music from him. this is almost complete conjecture on my part, aside from an interview i read once where he joked about writing into his will that all contents of the vault be burned immediately after his death

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 28, 2016

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm telling you it's nuts and these people are the worst. Here you go.

http://prince.org/msg/7/433876

I think you nailed it about the will. Prince not having a will makes perfect sense to me, especially with the whole "God takes care of everything/Life is Everlasting" approach he espoused, especially later in his life after his JW conversion. If he is in heaven, like he believed he would be, he's probably up there wondering why so many people are worried about money.

I can easily picture a guy like Prince not having a will. He wasn't married anymore and he had no kids. He clearly thought that his life was just another step in the road on an everlasting journey and that the time he spent on earth was just another chapter in an unwritten book.

See, I get where you're coming from and for an artist like Prince it makes total sense, especially when it comes to his faith. Yet BUSINESSMAN Prince was the slickest motherfucker alive. I don't think his adoption of the internet was perfect but he was more prolific than much of the industry when it came to the business of it then the majority of his peers.

Package the cd with the concert ticket/experience - Prince did it first.

Cut a distribution deal directly with the big box retailer instead of the major label - Prince did it first.

Re-record his hit and re-licence it so HE gets paid instead of the major label - Prince did it first.

I think if the right person got into his ear and said"hey Prince, you know how you want to put out every concept and tune on YOUR timetable? Well phones have apps and you could cut out iTunes..." Prince could have done that too.

He wasn't perfect and there was a lot of room to improve but Prince was a gamer. If he had a hit even as big as 'Cream' during any of these distribution models, hang it up - argument is over.

He had a vision for how his music was to be consumed and he protected it with an iron will. So when I hear that there isn't a set of instructions for whoever has the keys to the kingdom, I call bullshit. Prince may have been shortsighted about his place on the mortal coil but I can't believe he was shortsighted about his art's place beyond him. That's as far as I allow my conspiracy theory to take me.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Dead Snoopy posted:

I think if the right person got into his ear and said"hey Prince, you know how you want to put out every concept and tune on YOUR timetable? Well phones have apps and you could cut out iTunes..." Prince could have done that too.

There was 3rdEyeTunes. Nothing really came through with it outside of a handful of songs but his people teased the release of Montreux 2009. It's really a shame that he died because I'm sure if he saw the big deals Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock got from Netflix, he would've wanted a slice of that pie.

There was also that time he personally called the guy running yourlisten (once a hotbed for prince bootlegs) and asked him to take down the files. That guy tried everything to shake Prince out of his rut and he just wouldn't have it.

https://medium.com/the-coffeelicious/that-time-prince-called-23a2d8cdbe3b#.npyc01fz7

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 28, 2016

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

never stop posting

I know you're trying to make fun of me, and maybe deservedly so, but I've heard Prince himself make the distinction between "percussionist" and "drummer".

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Tickets for Celebration 2017 at Paisley Park are on sale now. They're $500 a pop. For the standard ticket. There's also a VIP package.

I think we may be past the "honor his legacy" part and into the "wring every last loving cent we can out of his name" part.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Vince MechMahon posted:

Tickets for Celebration 2017 at Paisley Park are on sale now. They're $500 a pop. For the standard ticket. There's also a VIP package.

I think we may be past the "honor his legacy" part and into the "wring every last loving cent we can out of his name" part.

It's not really different than Experience Hendrix touring around. If they can do a similar show as the tribute concert but spread over over four days with more time for the bands, that'd be really cool. $500 is alot but it's four days in a small venue.

I wish I had the money to travel out there.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Nov 30, 2016

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

remember when prince would throw free all-night parties at paisley park and cook everybody pancakes in the morning? yeah

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

remember when prince would throw free all-night parties at paisley park and cook everybody pancakes in the morning? yeah

This. I went to the equivalent of this thing when he was still alive in 2015, and it cost like $20 to get in and then $20 for a tour if you wanted to do it. If you went to all three days and for some reason did the tour for all three days, that would be $120.

With the lineup they have for this I think that would be a bit low, but maybe sell a $100 single night package or something. Also seeing as to get your monies worth out of this you would really have to go to all 4 nights, this seems like it's catering to just the super rich fans who can afford to take off work for at least 4 days to pay an insane amount of money to see a bunch of bands that, while good, aren't loving Prince.

moflika
Jun 8, 2004

What initiation?

Well, for starters, you have to purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka...
Grimey Drawer
Loooove me some Prince! (of course)

My dad was a stoic military dude who got into Prince in the 70s. He never shared the love, so I had to find it all myself. Dirty Mind blew my mind from the start and I have been an early studio album fan ever since. HOWEVER, with all this new material coming out, is there somewhere where this is all being collected, or are people still posting and digging through Youtube etc? Looking mostly for live stuff since I have yet to really dive into Prince jam sessions.

I'm thinking along the lines of the Grateful Dead archive (https://archive.org/details/GratefulDead), but for Prince. I'm guessing something like this is still far off or will never happen.

Worth a try! :cheers:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgmPdEm5Nv8

Vince MechMahon posted:

This. I went to the equivalent of this thing when he was still alive in 2015, and it cost like $20 to get in and then $20 for a tour if you wanted to do it. If you went to all three days and for some reason did the tour for all three days, that would be $120.

With the lineup they have for this I think that would be a bit low, but maybe sell a $100 single night package or something. Also seeing as to get your monies worth out of this you would really have to go to all 4 nights, this seems like it's catering to just the super rich fans who can afford to take off work for at least 4 days to pay an insane amount of money to see a bunch of bands that, while good, aren't loving Prince.

I don't see the problem. Prince was able to do Paisley Park parties because he could go on the road for a few hitnrun shows and make a giant stack of cash. Now that his estate is in charge, they need to keep the lights on. $499 for four days of partying with all of his associates plus whatever panel discussions/presentations they come up with seems like a solid deal.

It seemed like people were saying good things about the 'dance on til dawn' dance parties they put on.

moflika posted:

Loooove me some Prince! (of course)

check your pm buddy

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Dec 1, 2016

moflika
Jun 8, 2004

What initiation?

Well, for starters, you have to purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka...
Grimey Drawer

Call Me Charlie posted:

check your pm buddy

Awesome, thanks!

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
A bombshell dropped in Prince boot land today.

- edit Oh god, I saw a clip from it and it's perfect. No timecodes or anything.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 6, 2016

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

A bombshell dropped in Prince boot land today.

- edit Oh god, I saw a clip from it and it's perfect. No timecodes or anything.

How would I go about seeing this?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Vince MechMahon posted:

How would I go about seeing this?

It's only a matter of time before one of the 500 people who buy a copy liberates it for the masses.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I always figured that Price didn't have a will because the dude probably thought he wasn't going out yet. It's not that unusual. I'm sure people suggested to him that he should over the years, but good job telling Prince what to do.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
GQ has a great oral history on Prince. Hearing that Prince played I Hate U for Carmen Electra before flying her back to LA was stone cold. Also

quote:

Freed: Everyone tried to talk to him about a will. He would just say, like, "I'm not planning on dying."

http://www.gq.com/story/prince-stories

- edit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ON0nQCQF08

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Dec 9, 2016

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I notice that Tidal have now taken down those bootlegs they had up. I'd kind of like to know how that even happened to begin with.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DrVenkman posted:

I notice that Tidal have now taken down those bootlegs they had up. I'd kind of like to know how that even happened to begin with.

They might have just assumed they were legit live albums? Or they may not have been aware just how litigious Prince and, by extension, his family was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

What would a Prince compilation look like post, say, the Love Symbol album? All the compilation stuff seems to stop with TSMBGITW. His consistency admittedly suffered a bit after the name change and all but there's still a lot of great stuff.

Colonized Mind
Love
The Word
Revelation
Dance 4 Me
Way Back Home
PFUNK
Glass Cutter
Hard Rock Lover
Sticky Like Glue
Laydown
Groovy Potential