Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ITunes has Moonbeam Levels up on its own, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Tickets for Celebration 2017 at Paisley Park are on sale now. They're $500 a pop. For the standard ticket. There's also a VIP package.

I think we may be past the "honor his legacy" part and into the "wring every last loving cent we can out of his name" part.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

remember when prince would throw free all-night parties at paisley park and cook everybody pancakes in the morning? yeah

This. I went to the equivalent of this thing when he was still alive in 2015, and it cost like $20 to get in and then $20 for a tour if you wanted to do it. If you went to all three days and for some reason did the tour for all three days, that would be $120.

With the lineup they have for this I think that would be a bit low, but maybe sell a $100 single night package or something. Also seeing as to get your monies worth out of this you would really have to go to all 4 nights, this seems like it's catering to just the super rich fans who can afford to take off work for at least 4 days to pay an insane amount of money to see a bunch of bands that, while good, aren't loving Prince.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

A bombshell dropped in Prince boot land today.

- edit Oh god, I saw a clip from it and it's perfect. No timecodes or anything.

How would I go about seeing this?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I keep forgetting to post about this: Paisley Park has a kiosk in the Mall of America. I didn't get to check it out up close, but yep definitely saw a kiosk advertising it. There was nobody staffing it that I could see, so I'm not sure if it's just a sad little advertisement or if someone is usually there to talk to people about it.

Unless it's changed it wasn't a kiosk, it was a pop up museum that doubled as an ad for the Paisley Park tour.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Creature posted:

Excellent news.

Hopefully once that's done we'll get some news on the Purple Rain reissue. After waiting this long, if I don't get a full-length Computer Blue I'm going to explode.

They had announced reissues on vinyl of all his Warner stuff up to a bit past Graffiti Bridge, and even came out with all of it up until Parade, but then all of the upcoming ones vanished off of Amazon pre-orders just after his death. I'd like to know what's up with that, too.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It was Wendy doing most of the vocals, but Andre Cymone did some, as well as special guests Kimbra and Maya Rudolph.

It was the best concert I've ever been to.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It's the Grammys tribute up anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I've answered that question like three times in here I hate you guys.

• Locked thread