Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I'm in baby.

edit:

I'm a big dweeb, my interests are pretty varied, and I'm really not all that picky- it's nice to be surprised! To give some guidance, though, I'll tell you a bit about myself. As far as cinema goes, I'm a big fan of post-war Japanese cinema, the Czech New Wave, eclectic animation of all sorts, spaghetti westerns, and horror/sci-fi. A lack of space and viewing accommodations means that I don't really collect DVDs any longer. I'll find a way to watch something if I get it, though.

Some authors I really like include Vladimir Nabokov, Yukio Mishima, Flannery O'Connor and Ralph Ellison. Books on subjects I don't know anything about would be cool, though! I'm really not well-versed in visual art, fashion, architecture, etc, and I'd like to change that. Film criticism would be nice as well, though I recently sort of mired myself in lots of dense postmodern hand-wringing and got a little burnt out on it.

I'm a tea drinker, and I love sweets.

If you're a non-US goon, or even just from another region, locally-sourced items are always a nice surprise! If you have a hobby that involves making stuff, I would love to see what you create!

I play video games, mostly on PC, but my friend recently gave me his old 3DS and I don't have any games for it! Even if you just have games lying around that you've already beaten, send 'em my way!

Really, though, some of the best kinds of gifts are the things that you could never expect, things you didn't know you wanted until you got them. Trinkets and curiosities I didn't know existed until someone else shows them to me. The things I might see in a shop and cherish but not be able to justify buying myself, strange and delightful things.

Anonymous Robot fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Oh man, I won Secret Santa.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Both my santees should have their gifts as of today. Check your mail!

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Glad you like it! Maybe I shouldn't be surprised that you've already got the Grimorium Verum- perhaps give it to someone you know that needs protection from firearms, or donate it to a library to make some wayward teens more cool. I'm sorry that the copy of Harakiri is blu only; on Amazon it was listed as a dual-format, and I didn't realize until I was at the post office that it actually wasn't. Do make an effort to watch it if you're able, it's possibly the best samurai movie of all time.

Stefan: Have you ever seen Carnival? If not don't sleep baby, it rules. Also share some funny anecdotes from that book when you get around to it.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Bro I ain't even got a DVD player these days. It's hard living.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Sunrise owns.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Thanks to Spatulater Bro for this lovely gift! A selection of herbal teas- I was just running out at work- a bag of Lindt truffles (pro choice, I loving love these things and they probably won't last the weekend), a copy of Ocarina of Time for 3DS (this will be nice to replay, haven't done so in years) and a big book of criticism and a comprehensive filmography of zombie cinema. Nice choices!

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lemme know what you think about Snow On Tha Bluff.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

That is a phenomenal poster.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

This arrived from Amazon today, I'm not sure if it's from Spatulater Bro or my other santa, but it looks quite interesting!

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Egbert Souse posted:

Thanks a million!

(Also, Anonymous Robot - did you get your second package yet?)

Not yet, but I was away all day today. Will check the office tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Anonymous Robot posted:

Not yet, but I was away all day today. Will check the office tomorrow!

Egbert, this must be from you, yes? Looks interesting- it's the work that Eyes Wide Shut (a film I've slept on) was based on. I'm always down for some absurdism, and am actually currently writing a story with a similar conceit, so I hope I find some time to read this shortly!

• Locked thread