Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It just went out, and it has a lot more animations than the previous ones for the 3DS! Talk about Pokémon Sun Moon here without the taint of being the thread about the mobile one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I probably won't buy it. Well maybe I will but later on.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i got this coming and havent played a pokemon in a long time

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Those are some smooth rear end animations and cutscenes compared to ORAS and XY drat

Also I bought Moon version

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I haven't played a Pokemon since G/S and whenever I read stuff about the meta game in the newer ones it all seems incredibly overwhelming but I'm gonna peep one of those $99 3DSes on Black Friday and I might just get Moon as well.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Oh poo poo I didn't realize this is unlocking at midnight eastern time *cackles*

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

amazon prime is getting this to my place on tuesday..hosed up

Soral
May 30, 2009

i'm going to pick up my copy of moon tomorrow

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.twitch.tv/awildabra Pokéthon Eclipse: Raising money for Direct Relief.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i can rub a q-tip on my Pokémon to make the burning go away. Pokémon is better than ever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

I haven't played a Pokemon since G/S and whenever I read stuff about the meta game in the newer ones it all seems incredibly overwhelming but I'm gonna peep one of those $99 3DSes on Black Friday and I might just get Moon as well.

There's like 3 people in the world who actually do any of that meta game stuff so i wouldn't worry about it.

ORAS was the first release I skipped since FireRed/LeafGreen, I'm a poke freak and I can't wait for my package to arrive tonight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Moon btw.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

i bought the last couple and they were far too easy to be that enjoyable. this one needs a hard mode

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Anybody else taking a Gamer Holiday for this? Also, where is the name rater? I named my Rattata Mac and want to rename my Wingull to Sweet Dee, Yungoos Dennis, and Litten "Animal", for an epic Always Sunny in Alola theme team.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
buying this for the Switch

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

buying this for the Switch

You aren't.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mods please add a poll to people to vote tge starters they picked

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would but I think only admins can add polls.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

You aren't.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-18-nintendo-switch-will-get-pokemon-sun-and-moon-version

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll buy stars.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i might still buy it for 3DS since pokemon games hold their value so well and it may be a whole year's wait, but we'll see

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hmm. Guess I'll be having 3 Pokémon games this generation.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Evil Eagle posted:

Hmm. Guess I'll be having 3 Pokémon games this generation.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i was once playing my friend's copy of pokemon red at his house and tossed his gameboy onto his couch in frustration after failing to catch a pokemon and he got a gameboy colour 2 days later and accused me of breaking his game cartridge because the colours changed whenever he walked to a new town

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
My friend thought Drowzee was birthed from Snorlax's rear end, which is why his lower half was brown

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
More like Pokemon Fun and Soon because I'm going to play it tonight.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Don't forget to pick up Mystery Gift Munchlax and the demo stuff y'all

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
How would I go about transferring Pokémon from gen 3 to this. Would I need to buy X/Y

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ristolaz posted:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Mustard.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Lumpy the Cook posted:

How would I go about transferring Pokémon from gen 3 to this. Would I need to buy X/Y

if you mean the OG GBA cartridges you need a ds phat or lite with a gba slot, obviously, a copy of diamond/pearl/plat for that ds, a second ds of any kind ( i think the 3ds will work fine) with a copy of black/white, and all games involved have to have beaten the elite 4. you just use pokebank to go from black/white to gen 6 pokemon, but i don't think you can transfer from gen 6 to gen 7 until january.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Step 1: Buy and beat a Gen IV game. Use the post game transfer system with your gen 3 cart in the GBA slot of your DS.

Step 2: Buy and beat a Gen V game. Use the post game transfer system with your Gen IV cart in a DS or 3DS with DS download play on.

Step 3: Download the Gen V to Pokebank app on your 3ds and perform a one way transfer to Pokebank, 1 PC box at a time.

Step 4: Wait until January for the Sun and Moon Pokebank update.

Pokémon is not kind to those who leave its side.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Ristolaz posted:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Chill Penguin posted:

My friend thought Drowzee was birthed from Snorlax's rear end, which is why his lower half was brown

Hey how's it going man, good to see you're still gaming.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Tender Bender posted:

Hey how's it going man, good to see you're still gaming.

Big league, just completed my first trial.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
looking forward to playing this 2nite

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sitting and reading with view of the mailbox waiting for the mailman.

flyingporcupine
Feb 21, 2010

by Pragmatica

Bobnumerotres posted:

amazon prime is getting this to my place on tuesday..hosed up

It was saying that for me until an hour ago, now it says im getting it tomorrow. The moral is to keep obsessively checking your order status every 5 minutes and maybe youll get rewarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

• Locked thread