Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

Theyre saying you cant transfer mew

"A problematic Pokemon has been detected in your transfer box. This Pokemon will be removed before the transfer occurs." Gamefreak you absolute mad men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also this is going to take a million years. You just transfer everything in Box 1 in a block, but thats your only option. So I have to move all my pokemon from different boxes to box 1, which is practically impossible with how box management works in these Game Boy games.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Also this is going to take a million years. You just transfer everything in Box 1 in a block, but thats your only option. So I have to move all my pokemon from different boxes to box 1, which is practically impossible with how box management works in these Game Boy games.

That sounds like transferring from Gen V but at least Gen V has modern box management. I'm surprised that we don't have to do a dumb minigame to transfer like Gen IV to V. I got like 4 boxes in to transferring my Diamond guys to White 2 before I couldn't take it anymore.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My POkemon Red Ditto was 5IV and Sp. Atk Very Good :staredog:

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

In Training posted:

Noice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol Ive never seen this ability before: "Being hit by a Dark-type move boosts the Attack of the Pokemon, for justice."

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

"A problematic Pokemon has been detected in your transfer box. This Pokemon will be removed before the transfer occurs." Gamefreak you absolute mad men.
Your Mew is racist.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Lol Ive never seen this ability before: "Being hit by a Dark-type move boosts the Attack of the Pokemon, for justice."

lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

Nice

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

Thats me online

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

In Training posted:

Use a Justified Mon in doubles and have Sneasel beat it up.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
someones been digging into how the gen 1 to 7 transfers work and theyre funny if your an idiot nerd

quote:

-IVs: Random.
-EVs: Zero.
-Natures: EXP % 25.
-Abilities: Hidden.

Pokebank's IV calculation algorithm: Completely Random, with three perfects, five if Mew.

Pokebank uses DVs to calculate shininess (incorrectly, G1->G2 shininess uses the ATK DV whereas G1->G7 shininess uses the DEF DV) and then completely disregards them for all else.

Pokebank seems to use a Yellow-based move whitelist, not Red/Blue-based. E.g., Mewtwo with payday (Red/Blue TM) won't pass.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Weird that they gave Mew 5IVs and then banned him from Transfer.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

absolutely anything posted:

someones been digging into how the gen 1 to 7 transfers work and theyre funny if your an idiot nerd

They're still funny to me in a non idiot nerd sense.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In Training posted:

Weird that they gave Mew 5IVs and then banned him from Transfer.

apparently they only banned the mews obtained through the glitch. they had an event in certain regions to get a legit one and that one passes fine.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mabels big day posted:

apparently they only banned the mews obtained through the glitch. they had an event in certain regions to get a legit one and that one passes fine.

they know too much

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

mabels big day posted:

Unfair

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

When is this white young middle class male gamer going to catch a loving break.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mabels big day posted:

The gently caress.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

mabels big day posted:

I'm going to use PkHex and edit my Yellow save file and give the Mew its event OT and trainer ID

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Evil Eagle posted:

lol there is another Pokemon phone game. get in while it's hot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kia_sP8Jlok

this game sounds really, really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7ETpcylnR4