Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its incredibly satisfying having every item that lets you get the perfect math and doing a long rear end chain knowing its gonna give you some epicly powerful mons. Got half of my team now, 3 more to chain and then its time to level em up and Ill be ready for the tournament that will never happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I will fight you one on one. Also I suggest breeding with rather than trying to use the chained 'mon right away, but you seem to be chaining with kadabra and actually getting good natures

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

that ivy guy posted:

I will fight you one on one. Also I suggest breeding with rather than trying to use the chained 'mon right away, but you seem to be chaining with kadabra and actually getting good natures

I breed them with destiny and roll like 10 or 15 and pick the best one

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fnally got the last few items for mty team and defended my title to celebrate. ive never played pokemon online bef ore, does it level lock you if your above 50 or do i need to grind these guys up to 100

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Fungah! posted:

fnally got the last few items for mty team and defended my title to celebrate. ive never played pokemon online bef ore, does it level lock you if your above 50 or do i need to grind these guys up to 100

there are different rules options, but the one i've used scales you to 50.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm ready for the monotype tourney.

Crabominable
Pangoro
Poliwrath
Hariyama
Bewear
Kommo-o

all level 50 and ev trained. Feels so good looking at the powered up squad. I may need to experiment with different TMs/hold items but I'm down for 1v1s whenever

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ive got mine together too, in more or less the final form:

masquerain
ribombee
vikavolt
scizor
araquanid
golisopod

if anyone wants to 1v1 me at some point hit me up on steam

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bug types are so badass. the only thing I may change is that I would swap bewear for lucario but catching riolus pisses me off because they just immediately use final gambit and kill thesmelves and they're pretty rare in the first place

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

if youre looking for a specific nature, you could breed up a female riolu, then find a male with the nature youw ant in the same egg group and breed them with an everstone. its a little clunky but its easier than synchronizing super rare mons

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

In Training posted:

Bug types are so badass. the only thing I may change is that I would swap bewear for lucario but catching riolus pisses me off because they just immediately use final gambit and kill thesmelves and they're pretty rare in the first place

you're gonna want one if you fight a fairy team like myself lol.

E: no tapu allowed yeah? that would be OP for me

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i vote no tapu nd no ultra beasts, its more interesting that way nd otherwise fairy's crazy op

e: and no legendaries and mythics obviously

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Another thing, if doing legit breeding it's extremely hard to get a good Hidden Power most of the time. Those of us with access to save editors would be at an advantage, so maybe ban that too?

e: team building without hidden power is torture. you're basically hosed against a counter team. I rescind this

that ivy guy fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Dec 26, 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've really been slacking off on making my flying type team. Sorry all.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Evil Eagle posted:

a sorry isn't gonna fly

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i spent three hours last night trying to catch mimikyuu and only saw him once and accidentally killed him. i don't even want to use him. what the gently caress is wrong with my brain

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

that ivy guy posted:

Another thing, if doing legit breeding it's extremely hard to get a good Hidden Power most of the time. Those of us with access to save editors would be at an advantage, so maybe ban that too?

e: team building without hidden power is torture. you're basically hosed against a counter team. I rescind this

I dont have any hidden abilities because it was too annoying to get.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also Im around the evening now with my Fighting team if anyone wants to 1v1 me. I may also start breeding just a regular ole team for funsies because I have all the parts and a box of 20 abras with every nature.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

I thought it was going to be in Showdown

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fungah is my enemy now because he 5-0'd my fighting team with annoying bugs.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bugs are cool. ggs though, hmu if you want to do it again

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

If you told me that a bug is stronger than a martial artist I would say your full of poo poo mate, and yet here we are.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

In Training posted:

fungah is my enemy now because he 5-0'd my fighting team with annoying bugs.

5-0? so it's not pick 4 doubles VGC rules?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

we both mde a team of six, dont think we ever nailed it down

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I haven't played in a bit so let's just say I'm still on the third island... sorry, I'll get that electric team soon lol

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I just noticed that I hatched a shiny Vulpix during my mono-ice teambuilding. I almost wonder-traded it away because it barely looks different.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Ive bred a lot of stuff for this if anyone wants some of it. I've got jolly rough skin gibles, adamant dragon dance bagon, ice punch stufful, bold regenerator mareanie, adamant marvel scale dratini... a couple other things but that's the really good poo poo. Breeding in this game in very fast and easy which is a nice improvement

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm pretty disappointed that they have the trainers in the battle screen but didn't keep the sense of scale that even stadium 64 did a decent job with

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

holy drat i had no idea dhelmise was a transatlantic cruiser andchor

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

I'm pretty disappointed that they have the trainers in the battle screen but didn't keep the sense of scale that even stadium 64 did a decent job with

the 3ds can hardly handle all that poo poo, they did a good job. alolan exeggutor not even fitting in the screen is hilarious

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yyeah with how hard my n3ds chugs in a battle royale i think its fine that they didnt try to keep the scale

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

finally got a 50 win streak in the battle tree... Oh Hell Yes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

A cool drat horse posted:

finally got a 50 win streak in the battle tree... Oh Hell Yes
post your team mate

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
abil: multiscale
Jolly, 252 atk/252 speed/4 hp
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dragon dance

Tapu fini @ Leftovers
abil: misty surge
Bold, 252 hp/252 def/4 sp def
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Surf
- Taunt

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
abil: stance change
Quiet, 252 hp/252 sp attack/4 def
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's shield
- Flash Cannon

this team covers each others weaknesses really well. dragonite can smash through most teams on its own after a dragon dance and doesnt really have trouble setting up on most things. the trainers in the battle tree often use lead pokemon that do well against yours, like ice and fairy types if youre using dragonite. aegislash and tapu fini can easily switch in on these things though. you can still lose to unlucky bullshit but otherwise this is really solid

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh and so now that everyone's probably beat the game: how hosed up was that dark lusamine tentacle monster thing lmao. i was yelling "what the gently caress will the children think"

A cool drat horse posted:

the trainers in the battle tree often use lead pokemon that do well against yours, like ice and fairy types if youre using dragonite.

this is such horseshit lol. i might try that idea some day, not the exact same thing, but something nice and tough that knows dragon dance would be a great way to roll most teams

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

oh and so now that everyone's probably beat the game: how hosed up was that dark lusamine tentacle monster thing lmao. i was yelling "what the gently caress will the children think"
It owned, and I love that she does that and then attacks you with ordinary Pokemon. The best part is that now, for all future games, the Pokemon world is one with an alternate dimension full of awesome monsters that humans can apparently merge with.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

FactsAreUseless posted:

It owned, and I love that she does that and then attacks you with ordinary Pokemon. The best part is that now, for all future games, the Pokemon world is one with an alternate dimension full of awesome monsters that humans can apparently merge with.

yeah and her pokémon are grumpy now, which is really cute.

Soral
May 30, 2009

also did they at any point make the connection that the pokepelago guy is lillie's dad. what was up with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Soral posted:

also did they at any point make the connection that the pokepelago guy is lillie's dad. what was up with that

what

• Locked thread