Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

I haven't played a Pokemon since G/S and whenever I read stuff about the meta game in the newer ones it all seems incredibly overwhelming but I'm gonna peep one of those $99 3DSes on Black Friday and I might just get Moon as well.

There's like 3 people in the world who actually do any of that meta game stuff so i wouldn't worry about it.

ORAS was the first release I skipped since FireRed/LeafGreen, I'm a poke freak and I can't wait for my package to arrive tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Moon btw.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would but I think only admins can add polls.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll buy stars.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sitting and reading with view of the mailbox waiting for the mailman.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Taking a sip from my coffee and flip flopping mentally between Popplio and Rowlett

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The hosed up part is that I've chosen fire in every gen since 1 but this is the first time I'm not into the fire starter.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm playing the new Pokemon game kreygasm

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Prof. Kukui is an absolute boss.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Everybody in this game talks like Wakka.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't left route 1 yet and I have 6 Pokemon already.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I think I got a full team already after the first trial lol. Rowlet, Misdreavus, Munchlax, Crabrawler, Grimer and Magnemite

My team is Popplio, Yungoos, Pichu, Ledyba, Pikipik and Grubbin.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love me some Pikachu but I usually go all new Pokemon for first run through the new gen so I'll have to drop his punk rear end at some point.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You also can't share screenshots in this game period on miiverse from what I've seen. Which is a bummer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Awwww yeah baby wonder trade is back.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The alolan forms are so sick...it's great whenever you see a name you recognize and you're like alright yeah. Normal type, I got it. And then bam some crazy pink version comes out that can levitate instead or w/e. Surprise is around every corner. I swapped out Ledyba for Alolan Grimer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Absolutely cannot wait for Alolan Muk.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The coolest detail that cemented my complete and utter love for this game in the first hour of playing is that this game has a low mix ambient track of random Pokemon calls running almost nonstop. So you can hear bird chirps and insect calls but it's all the lo fidelity Pokemon digisqueals. Incredible artistry

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

did x/y have cutscenes like these, i last played black

this game has so much character all over the place

Not like this, it's a real huge jump. I'm consistently shocked they put all this in a 3ds cart

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

[Breakdancing Team Skull Member preparing to rob a poor farmer of his Pokemon Berries] Lets get figy with it!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Excels posted:

when u spin in a circle the character does a loving pirouette into a pose 10/10

When you walk through tall grass you put hands up like you're on eggshells

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My Grubbin finally evolved , and...my goodness.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How do I find my friend code

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Isn't there a unique one per game or was that an older Ninty system

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phew. What a nightmare that was. Can you do online battle royale with friends? That would be a lot of fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Id be down after NXT Takeover Toronto

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

im still on route 2 because i have been obsessively combing every square inch of this game before moving on

I play these games by just wandering forward constantly and save the obsessive combing for the post-elite four sweep of all the Pokemon I didn't catch the first time through.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the minibosses they put on routes. Every route is Nugget Bridge now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The call mechanic is really cool and can make random encounters actually threatening periodically.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I have a salazzle but idk if it's female. I'll check when I'm home. I'll also post my friend code

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really like that the petting thing changes based on the texture of the Pokemon in question. Like trying to pet grimer gets your hand stuck in his poo poo slime and you can't move it lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

Can't wait till my munchlax evolves so I can spend time wiping down my huge failson snorlax after a battle while he tells me he is definitely looking for jobs online.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just got wiped by the forest rear end in a top hat when he had like 3 health left.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i just had caterpies summon more and more caterpies over and over and got real worried fuckin caterpies would kill me

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat him o my second try with an ember crit.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I keep spending all my money on clothes and haircuts.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

my first shiny was a zubat so i love them

I'm probably approaching quad digits of Pokemon playtime over my life and I've never even seen a wild shiny

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol there's a famous Pikachu on vacation who has a butler. They call him Master Chu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My petilil hasn't evolved and I'm starting to think it's a happiness or gimmick evo.

• Locked thread