Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

buying this for the Switch

You aren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hmm. Guess I'll be having 3 Pokémon games this generation.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Mustard.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

How would I go about transferring Pokémon from gen 3 to this. Would I need to buy X/Y

Step 1: Buy and beat a Gen IV game. Use the post game transfer system with your gen 3 cart in the GBA slot of your DS.

Step 2: Buy and beat a Gen V game. Use the post game transfer system with your Gen IV cart in a DS or 3DS with DS download play on.

Step 3: Download the Gen V to Pokebank app on your 3ds and perform a one way transfer to Pokebank, 1 PC box at a time.

Step 4: Wait until January for the Sun and Moon Pokebank update.

Pokémon is not kind to those who leave its side.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Came home over my lunch break to this

Good luck to those still waiting for the mailman. Now to get through the rest of the day...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

GameCube posted:

is that teh amazon steelbook? my Video Gamer Spouse and i would have gotten that if we weren't total losers who had to get ours precisely at midnight

Yes. 71.99 with Prime.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Don't forget to pick the mystery gift munchlax cause he got Pokerus

Niceeee. Didn't know about that. I have some Rus'd mons of course but they're trapped in Y for now.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

i pray for a swift recovery

The one Pokémon you keep in the box forever infected so he can spread Pokérus.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Grimer's going to be my Pokérus guy.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Gonna need some PokeImp friend codes so we can trade & battle.

Here's mine:

1950-7970-5908

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Just beat the first island but I'm falling asleep at the wheel. I'll add you tomorrow soral, we should battle

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Got lucky and found a female Eevee right as I got to the daycare, so if anyone wants Eevee eggs I'm your man.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Isn't there a unique one per game or was that an older Ninty system

that was on the DS and it was terrible.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Phew. What a nightmare that was. Can you do online battle royale with friends? That would be a lot of fun

Yeah. we should have an imp battle royale 2day

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Ah gently caress the totem from lush jubgle is actually pretty tough. It summoned a Castform and it uses sunny day to massively empower its Synthesis and Sun Blade attack and it wiped my team

It didn't wipe me but it came close. I really only lived because of my Golbat. He evolved right after that really tough battle which was awesome. Playing without exp share on is actually kind of hard.

My team right now is Dartrix/Trumbeak/Crobat/Lycanroc/Wimpod/Salandit female. I'm honestly thinking of replacing my starter with alolan grimer though...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Crobat is 5'11" and 165 pounds. But it still lets me pet its wings and feed it beans.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I'm probably approaching quad digits of Pokemon playtime over my life and I've never even seen a wild shiny

I've only seen a level 2 bidoof.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Imagine if the SMT games had shiny demons.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Anyone wanna battle? I'm on island 2 still.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

wheres the renamer and move trainer

Name rater is in the first town on island 2, in one of the first buildings there. dunno about the other one

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Added. My Pokemon want to fight someone

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Lets do it. I'm trying to find friend battles in all these Online menus

Did you add me? I'll look for you on the list

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I actually haven't yet, I'm in a battle royal at the mome

Well, I'll be waiting then

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Connecting online. This plaza thing blows compared to the PSS

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I can't find a way to connect to my friends list at all.

Are you Machai? Or Rise

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Rise. How did you call me like that?

I found you on my list of people connected to my plaza.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Close battle! very fun

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

It's lame that I can't add you to the saved list unless I actually track down your avatar in my endlessly updating park for some reason.

If you go into the castle I think you can page people and add them that way. it's still weird

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

I'm using all my self control to not buy this until after Thanksgiving because i'm going to see family i haven't seen in forever and I know that if I have pokémon i'll spend the entire trip gaming and isolating myself because i'm 12 years old lol. Can't wait though and i'm glad y'all are having fun

I got invited to eat Thanksgiving dinner with coworkers but I'm going to stay home and play Pokemon instead.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

*sets the 3ds down* alright, i need a break

I need to sleep...but Pokemon

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/dailyevent.shtml

It depends on the day of the week and island you're on. There's only gen 2 and 5 starters.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Stopped everything I'm doing to breed 20 salandits until I get a modest female

Good luck. If you get a dad with modest, give him an everstone and all of his kids should be modest too.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I like my team a lot right now and I'm only on island 3. I don't think I'm going to swap any of them out. Once I beat the game though... The Endless Breed begins yet again.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I ended up ditching the owl. Something about Dartrix turns me off.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

So really Zubat was my starter and Crobat is great.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

So does the Poison/Flying starter, Zubat.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

the new 3ds also has major slowdowns on double battles. i wish you could turn off backgrounds lol

PleasingFungus posted:

my old 3ds is running at about 5 FPS in the Battle Royal(e).

not that it matters, since i'm still level 20 and the AIs are all level 50... owned by not reading the rules

https://twitter.com/DocHobo/status/800460266047557632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Yeah true, I forgot to mention that but I read it. Btw do you know what's up with the guy who will max your IVs with a bottle cap. I read online that this doesn't actually do anything to the math, it will just increase the numbers on he stats page without doing anything. Is that true?

It raises the stats themselves but not the actual Individual Values so you can't use them to breed for IVs.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Battle spot lowers you to 50 but doesn't level you up to 50 if you're below it. I forfeited my first battle because of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

There's apparently some kind of bug/issue with saving in Pokémon Centers or the Battle Tree. My last save was in a PMC, I hope that it's OK.

• Locked thread