Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

amazon prime is getting this to my place on tuesday..hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Soral posted:

tried loading up the miiverse while the game was running to take a screenshot and my 3ds locked up lol

is it the old 3ds? it can barely support the game lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ristolaz posted:

Woah cool, I can press Select + R to make my trainer cry and throw up, just like my IRL reaction to politics discussion.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i love this game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i got up to the little captain fight and im taking a break. everyone has something ridiculous to say or gives you something. in the very first town you get access to the name changer, move deleter, etc. and the pokecenter now has a shop right inside of it. theres so much that has been streamlined it's so nice

ive noticed that if you run through grass you will run into pokes every 2 steps, but if you walk through it the encounter rate is very lax, and all the grass patches ive seen are designed so that you can mostly avoid encounters if you want to.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hahaha

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

when do you get the proper pokefinder that tells you if youre missing stuff in an area? im going crazy

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Errr... hello there

Greetings

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i meant to say the dexnav sorry, which is in omegaruby/saph. i saw videos of it being used in reviews for the game but jesus i hope they didn't stuff it into the postgame or something

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the totem pokemon use really dickish strategies and its honestly badass. im glad the game is genuinely trying to kill me, the fire totem poke has owned me 4 times.

he'll summon help and Toxic you while his minion spams venoshock so it can crit. his special atk. and speed are also rly high and he'll 2shot most pokes w the fire attack

i know the solution here is to get a ground type but thats cheating, i WILL beat this with my jigglypuff

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i was annoyed by the summon help system until a poke in the first island summoned a bagon

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im glad that with the summoning thing, people were probably getting annoyed with it during playtesting and based Nintendo said "well how about instead of just limiting it, we make it fun? like some wacky poo poo will happen if help keeps showing up"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres a trainer with a muk on the third island..lol came || this close to wiping me. spammed minimize until it could dodge everything and toxined my whole team

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this is the first pokemon ive played where mini-bosses/bosses actually use a specific strategy to try and roll your team instead of just pure RNG until the elite 4

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just wish the super effective bonus was +50% instead of double, it always feels like cheating when you just 1/2-shot a big boss lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

*sets the 3ds down* alright, i need a break

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the fire starter learns the new 80 power leech life lol. owns

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also, i ran into a Ditto. it turned into incineroar and one shotted half my team with dark lariot lmao. the next monster i ran into was a meteor pokemon that immediately used self-destruct

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

lol mimikyu. I must have one

im loving how difficult the bosses are getting

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the new 3ds also has major slowdowns on double battles. i wish you could turn off backgrounds lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

jesus lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

is Strength the screw attack of the game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

Everyone post your friend codes again. I added most of you

4012 5874 1295

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think the first bit where its a full minute of the pokemon powering up w/ textboxes should be cut out. there should be an option to double all battle animation speeds instead of just disabling them lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

*begrudgingly adds soral*

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

lol the entire volcano top sequence

that was great. game has a lot more character than other pokes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the story just went off the drat rails and i fought the hardest boss in the entire series wtf

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that ivy guy posted:

I thought the hiker was a distraction so I got that one wrong

A-..Amazing! Amazing how wrong you are!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

I like pikachu

i like the slime dragon

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

digletts cave is infuriating

please purchase Repels

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

pokemon that need to evolve in a specific place ftl. esp when all those places are stuffed into the last 5% of the game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i believe that if i love my pokemon and respect them that will trump all the nerd IV number bullshit

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hubris.height posted:

fml, qr scanner crashed my game and now i have to do an entire route again

maybe i'll catch something cool this time

save often because i got wiped by the ground kahuna and reset to not lose money, and i had to do an hour's worth of poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

You reset to save like 1200 dollars?

i thought i saved right in front of the kahuna lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i am definitely in the game's victory road rn

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

:stare: this boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

beat the elite 4. amazing game 10/10 but i had to use my masterball in the neverending credit sequence you cant back out of fair warning
also i caught the poke on the boxart with a quickball and named it nite kite

• Locked thread