Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Is yungoose actually supposed to be donald trump or is that an unfortunate coincidence because I don't think I can stomach his dumb rear end in my game
Yes, and all the other politics things are in the game, such as Bernie, and tax codes, and voting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Woah cool, I can press Select + R to make my trainer cry and throw up, just like my IRL reaction to politics discussion.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My copy has been on a UPS truck since loving 4 this morning. I need a Pokemon with Strength.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's cool that there's a balloon that takes kids to hell, but I'm not sure I should be petting it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i believe that if i love my pokemon and respect them that will trump all the nerd IV number bullshit
Canonically, this is true.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

The story in this game is so ridiculous lol I love it
Team Skull are win.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The president of the Aether foundation is insane and I love her.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also the existence of alien Pokemon from another worlds is completely blowing my mind right now.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Psychic Raichu... psychic Raichu!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HalfHazard posted:

I can't think of a single new Pokemon that I hate
I can't think of any Pokemon I hate at all.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HalfHazard posted:

I can think of one I hate right now... and it's Castform
Castform owns.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

this is the only pokemon I hate

I love Vanillish and its evolution that I can't remember the name of. They're extremely powerful.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

i like that pokemon backstories have no rules and theres no concern if the pokedex descriptions can be matched to anything you see in game
The Pokedex is like wikipedia, but there's absolutely no oversight. It's written entirely by 11-year-olds going on their first Pokemon adventures.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ditto is really useful now because I never have any idea what anything is or what its moves are, so being able to Transform into new stuff to find out what it can do is super helpful.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I've only played two other Pokemon games and didn't use Ditto in either of them. I like being able to use it in this because I don't know any of these Pokemon, and a lot of them have dual types and other weird things so I'm bad at guessing what moves they have.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm way behind everyone else because I've been playing FFXV and a couple other games, but holy poo poo the plot of this game ramped up in a way I did not expect.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

You forgot the pic where the 3DS is thrown in the trash.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

oh and so now that everyone's probably beat the game: how hosed up was that dark lusamine tentacle monster thing lmao. i was yelling "what the gently caress will the children think"
It owned, and I love that she does that and then attacks you with ordinary Pokemon. The best part is that now, for all future games, the Pokemon world is one with an alternate dimension full of awesome monsters that humans can apparently merge with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i thought the fight was really awesome, all her pokes getting totem auras was a cool touch too. it was also a much harder fight than anything in the E4.
I didn't have any trouble with Lusamine, but the flying-type E4 member kicked the poo poo out of me. My party was not prepared for flying types, apparently. I just barely made it through.

• Locked thread