Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It just went out, and it has a lot more animations than the previous ones for the 3DS! Talk about Pokémon Sun Moon here without the taint of being the thread about the mobile one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Those are some smooth rear end animations and cutscenes compared to ORAS and XY drat

Also I bought Moon version

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mods please add a poll to people to vote tge starters they picked

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Don't forget to pick up Mystery Gift Munchlax and the demo stuff y'all

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Don't forget to pick the mystery gift munchlax cause he got Pokerus

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

The one Pokémon you keep in the box forever infected so he can spread Pokérus.

I'm doing that with a Gastly

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

I haven't left route 1 yet and I have 6 Pokemon already.

I think I got a full team already after the first trial lol. Rowlet, Misdreavus, Munchlax, Crabrawler, Grimer and Magnemite

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hes supposed to be Columbo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alolam Grimer is sick as hell

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Soral posted:

yeah it's great. i wonder if what noises you hear changes depending on time of day...

i think it's based on the mons on the territory

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Riding the Tauros is win

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Im not sure that he has pokerus

I guess I got lucky then... I'm sorry guys.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Gonna need some PokeImp friend codes so we can trade & battle.

Here's mine:

1950-7970-5908

3754 6702 9344

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Its fine as lobg as you trade me a pokemon with the 'rus at some point. Or else!!!!!

I'll catch a dozen rattatas put them on the box to infect and send to imps tomorrow or so

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I found the ingame Game Freak office

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Errr... hello there

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gently caress salazzle I was trying to catch a female and the fucker kelt calling from help and they assraped and killed my team by spamming deagon rage

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Can't wait till my munchlax evolves so I can spend time wiping down my huge failson snorlax after a battle while he tells me he is definitely looking for jobs online.

Fat boys of Pokémoning

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ah gently caress the totem from lush jubgle is actually pretty tough. It summoned a Castform and it uses sunny day to massively empower its Synthesis and Sun Blade attack and it wiped my team

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tidal force dumbass?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Lol there's a famous Pikachu on vacation who has a butler. They call him Master Chu

And the Drunkard Hu

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

the totem pokemon use really dickish strategies and its honestly badass. im glad the game is genuinely trying to kill me, the fire totem poke has owned me 4 times.

he'll summon help and Toxic you while his minion spams venoshock so it can crit. his special atk. and speed are also rly high and he'll 2shot most pokes w the fire attack

i know the solution here is to get a ground type but thats cheating, i WILL beat this with my jigglypuff

my ground type was diglett so it hosed him up with a fire attack

In Training posted:

My petilil hasn't evolved and I'm starting to think it's a happiness or gimmick evo.

Sun Stone evo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/goatmagician/status/800182184090824706

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

im glad that with the summoning thing, people were probably getting annoyed with it during playtesting and based Nintendo said "well how about instead of just limiting it, we make it fun? like some wacky poo poo will happen if help keeps showing up"

apparently corsola can call for Maranie who its his natural predator and it attacks the corsola first then you. hosed up!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

this is the first pokemon ive played where mini-bosses/bosses actually use a specific strategy to try and roll your team instead of just pure RNG until the elite 4

yeah the venoshock/toxic and the pseudo sun team are cool as hell

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I think I'll add Araquanid to my team cause apparently its Water Bubble ability is overpowered as gently caress (It doubles water move power BEFORE STAB).

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

At least they're ready for the Switch port lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Mayhaps the OP of the thread could come up with something to solve this proplem.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3651830

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

If anybody has any recs for some good alolan dragon or psychic types I'm interested.

Oranguru Exeggutor and Drampa

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

They talk about Pokemon that kill other Pokemon

And Mega Evos apparently make your Pokes feel ungodly pain

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

the sand castle's entry talks about how theres a big pile of dried out people bones underneath holding it up

the stuffed bear literally bear hugs trainers to death and mimikyu is so ugly it killed a researcher

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

As a consequence of Mega Evolution, its combative instincts exploded. The yellow marks it bears are scars from a long history of battles.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Team Skull are win.

When you beat Guzma on his room you can sit in his throne and one of the grunts will mustake you for him for a while

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Things really have changed since the last one I played (Black).

That's a mechanic from Gen 2

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Seafolk Island looks cool as hell

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

love how this one isnt loving around. game reaaaally amps up third island on

Lusamine uses a straight up EV/IV/Nature maxed team

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

the bewear was loving immortal holy poo poo. it took like 10 brick breaks to the face

Two plucks from Decidueye :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Don't forget 20 for the item that lets you change abilities

• Locked thread