Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
my old 3ds is running at about 5 FPS in the Battle Royal(e).

not that it matters, since i'm still level 20 and the AIs are all level 50... owned by not reading the rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
i felt overleveled for almost all of the second island, then i nearly got whipped by the volcano & swapped all of my tough mons back in. now i feel overleveled again...

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
i got gyrados in my pokedex by evolving a shiny magikarp (the second magikarp i'd seen this game), and now the pokedex entry for gyrados shows a red one and has a little star next to the name

i've been trying to stick with new pokemon, but i'm not sure i've ever found a shiny before...

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
i'm 0877-4018-0490. believe in the pokemon dream

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

whenever i read a post about pkemon breeding it makes me not want to play the new pokemon

pokemon breeding is only for insane people, imo. i'm having a lot of fun

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

it's like 20 feet long

yeah, the secret cave on the first island is so much worse than diglett's.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I like to collect the Pokémon to fill out the Pokédex. I don't care about EVs, IVs, shinies etc. seems like more trouble than it's worth.

:yeah:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

save often because i got wiped by the ground kahuna and reset to not lose money, and i had to do an hour's worth of poo poo

i set my game down earlier today and somehow managed to pop the cartridge out as i picked it back up

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

I've been using wonder trade as a dumping ground for my non optimal breeds so I also have quite a bit of FC. Idk what to actually use it on though

the fortune teller will give you new phrases for your trainer to say online.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

Does the twirl count as steps

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib0i_1Nv71Q&t=65s

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

elf help book posted:

i tried walking behind a trainer but she was doing stretches and saw me between her legs

lmao

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
i think you just get them to low hp. like catching them, but without throwing a pokeball

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

It unlocks once you beat the E4 and breed 20 eggs. It shows the IVs of all your Pokemon.

there's a tip at one point that tells you to hit Y in the pokemon summary screen to 'see where their stat points are distributed', but i honestly have no idea what information that's giving me.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Soral posted:

i hate lillie

she's all right.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
the last big plot fight (before the E4) is really good. i had to use stat-up items for maybe the second time in any pokemon game. very good gamerfeels

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Alakazam has two spoons because he can see the future and knew that one day he would have to eat the two delicious cones of Vanilluxe at the same time.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

The Pokémon Center wished me happy birthday this morning. So far it's the only one that has...

Happy Birthday.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
i love the bugs in this game. wimpod, cutiefly, charjabug... i just want them all to be my friends.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Lol I just looked it up and if you leave a pokemon in the hot springs too long they get angry at you

from my experience using the hot springs, this doesn't happen if you check on your pokemon (open the pelago hot springs screen) at least once every 24 hours. you don't have to take them out and put them back in or whatever.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

Oh no I left a cutiefly in there 5 days ago

congratulations on your new cutie-enemy

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
poni island is a big level/difficulty spike. it's great

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
Jesus Christ.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
Is the battle thing gonna be real pokemon or smogon or something? I don't really feel like grinding up mons or doing iv training or whatever, but I can try a Bug team if we're just doing it on one of the sites.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Girl Power

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

anyone have a goomy? theyre supposed to spawn in rainy SOS fights at certain spots but i tried all day and cant get one to show up

if you have sun im willing to part w/ a moon beast or something for it. or i can just breed it rly quick and give it back lol

I've got an egg for you if you want one. One of the rare water mons (dhelmise, sharpedo) would be nice, but I'm fine with just helping out.

0877-4018-0490.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

wow, you really cant just trade with people from your friendlist. what the gently caress gamefreak lol

it's intensely bad.

i'm online in the plaza now, if you wanted to trade

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

getting on now

it uses the trainer name. i'm 'tark'. just sent you a request, assuming you're 'bufftongue'

e: you went offline....

e2: this is dumb

PleasingFungus fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Dec 7, 2016

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
i hope i sent the right egg. if i didn't, let me know, i'll get you the other one

good trade! :)

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
a friend traded me my goomy. he'd named it 'david gooey'. apparently he had a box full of them, all with that name

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

if you dont name all your pokemon youre not a real trainer

i respect everyone's personal playstyle, but also, agreed.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I always name my starter SICKERUPER in honour of my Venusaur who was eaten by Missingno in Red alongside all my other Pokemon. I was 8 and I cried. I don't know why I called him that but I will keep his memory alive

F

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Celebrate_(move) lol

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Ristolaz posted:

I WAS EV TRAINING AND MINDLESSLY KILLED A SHINY ZUBAT

all zubats must die.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
nearly at the point where all i have to get are the sun legendaries and some other mons from trade. rotom plays dramatic music if i ask it to evaluate my dex

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
you can just press b....

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

after you finish the postgame Ultra Beast catching quest, Looker will comment on something 'shining and black' he saw on Melemele Island. That thing is in the Farthest Hollow, inside Ten Carat Hill. (You will probably want to use some repels to filter out chaff while looking for the legendary in the grass.)

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

youll also wanna bring 99 ultra balls or pop your masterball on him cause he gave me more trouble than the tapus

timer balls are really good in this game - they reach strength 4 after 10 turns. (ultra balls are 2, dusk balls are 3.5). took me about 10 dusks and 10 timers to get him, with him at 1/3rd health & paralysed.

timers are also cheaper than ultra balls. there's very little reason to use ultras in this game

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Ultra balls look cool

i like the colors for the timer ball's animation. black and red... it's good to me.

(the net ball, on the other hand, is just awful)

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

You can also chain battle jangmo's with a buff as hell Butterfree who knows thief

you only need to have the butterfree at the head of your party when the battle starts, so i used a level 10 'free i had hanging around, and swapped to my toucan for the thiefing.

it worked better when i remembered to remove its held item

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Fungah! posted:

fnally got the last few items for mty team and defended my title to celebrate. ive never played pokemon online bef ore, does it level lock you if your above 50 or do i need to grind these guys up to 100

there are different rules options, but the one i've used scales you to 50.

• Locked thread