Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Today the game is "Out for Delivery" rather than "On the way" so maybe it will arrive on time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

chansey is a good egg to help you through trying times.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Soral posted:

you know it's going to be nuts when route 1 has like 12 pokemon on it instead of the usual 1-3

This regional dex is actually smaller than the combined Kalos ones

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I'm using tilt controls!

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Bobnumerotres posted:

when do you get the proper pokefinder that tells you if youre missing stuff in an area? im going crazy

i'm barely through the first town but all signs point to it not existing ever since its only appearance in BW2

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

My Friend Code
|
\/
2793 0650 7690

I will add people from the past few pages

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Ristolaz posted:

Shiny Rockruff gotten

How did you do this.I am dying trying to chain up a hidden ability pup

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Bobnumerotres posted:

also, i ran into a Ditto. it turned into incineroar and one shotted half my team with dark lariot lmao. the next monster i ran into was a meteor pokemon that immediately used self-destruct

Pounded in the Butt by my Own Incineroar

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

In Training posted:

If anybody has any recs for some good alolan dragon or psychic types I'm interested.

Kommo-o, Bruxish, Alola Raichu

these are the only ones that I know

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Bobnumerotres posted:

that was great. game has a lot more character than other pokes

I thought the hiker was a distraction so I got that one wrong

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

net cafe scandal posted:

Getting really good at Pokémon sounds really hard

There are websites which will let you hone your skills without committing to the gameplay

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I finally game over'd to this Lurantis boss—twice

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

it wasn't grid aligned unless you were in a building, but the d-pad could be used to move in the cardinal directions

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

In Training posted:

*pulls my Pikachu slanket up tight and queues up Big Bang Theory Season 5 on Netflix* It's gonna be a long night.

I've used over 10 Recycles on Leppa Berries for Body Slam and Rest on my Munchlax so far in this single chain on a quest for a shiny Pichu

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

In Training posted:

So once I max a EV if I level the mon a bunch they'll just naturally get a butt load more of that stat right?

EVs change the stats as they are gained, so you see the effect right away. Not sure if it updates while in-battle without leveling up, though

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

In Training posted:

Yeah my Jangmo gets like 6 or 7 points a level in attack and defense. I'm in heaven right now

I want to EV train a Xurkitree and see its special attack go up by double digits when leveling

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

That is the name of the 'mon yes.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Evil Eagle posted:

120 ice beamed Oricorio in a pile...

I just lost my 4 hour pichu streak due to neglect and allowing one pichu to struggle

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Evil Eagle posted:

Luckily these Oricorio have pound, peck, growl and helping hand so I'd have to be very neglectful to have one of them die to struggle I've done it once

I was spared by paralysis stopping my death machine munchlax from dealing a killing blow, but I was a fool to think that crutch would work a second time

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Day 2 of pichu chaining.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Evil Eagle posted:

If only Volcarona was available in Sun/Moon...I could have a pretty great dance team. Lilligant might be a decent replacement though.

The fairy bee Pokémon also learns Quiver Dance

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Ristolaz posted:

Prime directive: Kill the fuckerlord Clefable

Lol. It kept uselessly metronomeing, cosmic powering, and moonblasting my Salazzle for negligible effect while I set up nasty plots for sludge wave

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_oh8dp6E7As1r9je5m.mp4

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Apparently you can get all Pokémon with a copy of each generation 6 game, and now sun and moon together. $200 for a complete dex

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

:worship:

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Ristolaz posted:

Forums poster "Knuc U Kinte" was able to get all of the legendary pokemon with one simple trick: Listing dittos for trade and saying they were 6IV

I can't believe they removed the feature to write your own text for the GTS

BipolarAurora posted:

Noice, have you decided on a nickname for the cute little guy yet? :3:

that ivy guy fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 27, 2016

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Soral posted:

i hate lillie

Jesus Christ. Just when you couldn't get any worse..

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

The only Pokémon I dislike is Crabominable

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Ristolaz posted:

Use an ability capsule

Are those still 200 BP?

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I'd like to do mono Fairy because I'm a human being. Will this be on Showdown or in-game?

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I think that should be a given. Does Showdown have a built-in non Pokébank ruleset for doubles?

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

If we want to do this in the games, I could hack in any 'mons one may need.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Evil Eagle posted:

200 dead pichus in the hau'oli city grass

I know this exact feel bro.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Holy......

I just wanted a level 10 Salamence

that ivy guy fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 2, 2016

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

In Training posted:

Ive got 30 pokemon left...so close I can almost taste it.

I just got castform. I'm bushed for today

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Ristolaz posted:

Yeah lol you really need 6, or your 3 better be like lvl 80

I destroyed Gary Oak with two of my party members KO'd

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

http://i.imgur.com/0c1PTuK.mp4

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Very nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

In Training posted:

They should have made it clearer that there's no way to miss legendaries in this game. Even if you knock one of them out it just hangs out in the same place until you catch it

And as for the ultra beasts- they respawn instantly. I grinded a good amount of XP on the level 70 Guzzlord

• Locked thread