Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Anybody else taking a Gamer Holiday for this? Also, where is the name rater? I named my Rattata Mac and want to rename my Wingull to Sweet Dee, Yungoos Dennis, and Litten "Animal", for an epic Always Sunny in Alola theme team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Evil Eagle posted:

Hmm. Guess I'll be having 3 Pokémon games this generation.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
My friend thought Drowzee was birthed from Snorlax's rear end, which is why his lower half was brown

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Tender Bender posted:

Hey how's it going man, good to see you're still gaming.

Big league, just completed my first trial.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
^ I just received a Yungoos named Trump from a trainer named "Bros3fStalin"

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I think I got a full team already after the first trial lol. Rowlet, Misdreavus, Munchlax, Crabrawler, Grimer and Magnemite

What! Where's Crabrawler?

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Nov 18, 2016

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Which pokemon best represents Frank Reynolds (TV character)?

Is Garbodor in Moon?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

qnqnx posted:

After spending most of the weekend searching for abras with the right natures, its time to begin.

I used all 10 of the Ultra Balls that someone early in the game gives you to do this lol

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

In Training posted:

What QR codes am I supposed to scan

any QR code will work

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
when you Wonder Trade with someone, they appear in the castle thing in the middle of the Festival Plaza. if you talk to them they give you 2 FC. If you wonder trade a lot (like me) this is pretty lucrative.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
lmao at the best Team Skull line yet, when they're trying to steal the bus stop: "Think about the bus drivers yo! They could all just chill!"

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

In Training posted:

My family: I'm thankful for close friends and family, the continued comfortable living we are blessed to experience, and all the people in our lives that enrich the human experience.

Me: [while rolling my eyes] Im thankful for Happiny's awesome encounter rate in Hauo'li City. Pass the stuffing.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

In Training posted:

Training defense EV is a huge pain in the rear end btw because your option is chaining Roggenrolas with a -6 accuracy and missing 80% of your moves or chaining Geodudes and hoping they don't self destruct immediately on appearance and ruining the chain

Lead with a damp Psyduck. This allowed me to catch a shiny Graveler in Y.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I just hatched my first Litten egg, and it's shiny!!!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
i named mine Pwny Express

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Black Baby Goku posted:

this is the only pokemon I hate

try using one, I think you'll find he's... quite chill. Also, they have 2nd, weird face on their back

Ristolaz posted:

No idea when ill be ablr to actually train up a team I'm insanely busy lol. But shotgun Dark

Shotgun Ice

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

HalfHazard posted:

The best Pokemon in the world? It's Castform, no doubt about it. Imma breed up a bunch so add me if you want one. 3566-2886-2389

Hook me up with a female?
FC is 1075-0796-7247, 3DS name: Chiller, pkmn name: John

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Ristolaz posted:

Is anyone else a doubles battle bro like me? I could also do a lil writeup of the strats if anyones interested

Yeah, and i think doubles should be the format of the monotype tournament

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Thanks, it's gonna have Gastly's babies

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I just got to Poni Island and everything is kicking my rear end

e: and they ruined the Gunk Shot animation

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

In Training posted:

For the monotype tourney do we need 6 or 4 pokemon.

Imo it should be 4 only, doubles

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Alolan Exeggutor is so tall that it causes a framerate drop in Poke-Refresh (on N3DSXL) lmao

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Lol

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

I AM THE MOON posted:

I bet this guy plays switch mode too

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I was under-leveled and had some type-wise useless party members the first time I took on the Elite 4. I barely beat them and then was gracefully brutalized by the champion's Primarina. I took the loss, tweaked my team slightly (tagged out Araquanid and Exeggutor for Komala and Lurantis) came back, and easily dethroned him.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
can't wait to catch all of the island guardians and put them to work in the rare item mine on my private island

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Evil Eagle posted:

https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/200e0ae6-bd5b-4ca9-8508-ceb361153306

There's a 50bp participation reward.

it's weird that there's no sign-up link on this page... is it something you have to do in-game?

also, just realized that i accidentally named two pokemon Aibo, Shieldon and Porygon, oops lol

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Competition starts the 16th. Registration started on the 7th, according to that page.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Ristolaz posted:

I WAS EV TRAINING AND MINDLESSLY KILLED A SHINY ZUBAT

That sucks man. When Bank gets connected to Gen 7 I'll give you a shiny Chansey that my friend gave me, as condolence, if you want. I'm never gonna use it since I already have a competitive Chansey.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Ristolaz posted:

Whos a good doubles partner for Garchomp. Probably someone who can frag fairy types

Magnezone or Probopass would work, although I'm not sure if the latter is found in Alola. If they held an Air Balloon or used Magnet Rise then they could just spam Discharge and Earthquake.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Ristolaz posted:

Both of those are slower than garchomp so theyd need to do it a turn before he EQs, and I don't really like wasting a turn on using that move anyway

OK, how bout Emolga? Tell us more about your Garchomp. What ability does it have? Its nature? The mon's name?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Does anyone have an extra Timid, Modest, or Adamant Synchronize Abra? I have an extra Jolly one for trade.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Evil Eagle posted:

I don't but I have inner focus modest and timid males you could use to breed if you have a synchronize female

if you don't I also have some extra synchronize females

Oh good call. I have a Timid Inner Focus male already, so I'll gladly take your modest one. Hopping on shortly, my FC is 1075 0796 7247.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Thanks. Also, it's badass that we're both wearing the Team Skull tank

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

In Training posted:

I wish there was more customization options actually.

if you could combine the XY apparel with SM's...

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Desperate Character posted:

I can give you all three if you still need them. My FC is 3067-5151-4488 and in-game name is Hibiskull

I'll hop on after this round of Titanfall

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Desperate Character posted:

Enjoy the abras, they should have at least a few perfect IVs. I also gave you the berries for -Atk, -Sp Atk, and -Speed.

Thanks, I appreciate them. And yeah, I've been farming berries like mad.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I think some of the spider and bug Pokemon look cool coming out of the Net Ball.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I want one. I still haven't even seen it in the wild. I don't have anything to offer yet, I'm still making my way through the post-E4 quests.

e: I added you HORMELCHILI, my fc is 1075 0796 7247

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Dec 15, 2016

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

This poo poo was awesome, when XY first came out I regularly battled passersby on the subway during my commute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
^ You could let the Butterfree faint, then it still counts as being in the first slot. At least, that's how it worked in previous games.

Hizke posted:

anyone got a spare castform? friend code is 1461 6201 8957

Sure. I added you.

• Locked thread