Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
More like Pokemon Fun and Soon because I'm going to play it tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Mon with Pokerus: I am growing stronger

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Soral posted:

i've been spending all my time soft resetting for a female starter so i can breed it for extras to trade for the other two starters.........

Just get a ditto my dude

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

This is the first time you dont have to drag around an hm slave. Thats exciting

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yes, and all the other politics things are in the game, such as Bernie, and tax codes, and voting.

Woah cool, I can press Select + R to make my trainer cry and throw up, just like my IRL reaction to politics discussion.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

I dont think my Munchlax has pokerus. Have I been loving trolled?

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Im not sure that he has pokerus

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I guess I got lucky then... I'm sorry guys.

Its fine as lobg as you trade me a pokemon with the 'rus at some point. Or else!!!!!

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

definitely laugh every time i check in on a pokemon and it's loving encrusted in filth. the baseball-sized burrs and dustbunnies hanging off em gets me every time

currently trying to choose which pokemon i'm going to leave uncleaned and see if i can get a nice stack going

Love that if they get hit with sand attack, after battle theyre fuckin covered in sand. Like cleaning up your lil kids after a soccer game

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Can't wait till my munchlax evolves so I can spend time wiping down my huge failson snorlax after a battle while he tells me he is definitely looking for jobs online.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Shiny Rockruff gotten

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

Lucky. What's his color?

Its light blue

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

I do Not like alola meowth. he looks like he's from a knockoff game on the app store.

Meowch that's correct!

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

that ivy guy posted:

How did you do this.I am dying trying to chain up a hidden ability pup

I didnt do anything it just showed up as the first poke!!!

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

i just wish the super effective bonus was +50% instead of double, it always feels like cheating when you just 1/2-shot a big boss lol

Yeah I used dire hit on dartrix while holding a scope lens so razor leaf had 100% crit chance and he wiped the water boss pretty hard

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Soral posted:

just caught a cyndaquil with the island scanner thing. its really rare to see a wild starter so ive never known how tricky they were to catch.... false swiped him down to 1hp and it still took like 10 balls to get him

It has a brand new move this gen too:

To inflict massive damage, the user burns itself out. After using this move, the user will no longer be Fire type. 130BP

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

I wonder how easy Bottle Caps will be to get

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Rustys guide to getting abras of every nature (theoretical because I assume breeding works the same as OR/AS):

1. Get a pokemon with Flame Body or Magma Armor ability (fletchinder on route 8 or level up a fletchling)

2. Get a Friendly Goon to trade you any male abra (optional but breeding pokemon from different trainers gives eggs faster)

3. Catch a female abra with Synchronize (females have 80% chance of passing down their ability)

4. Breed thise two bad boys, run around and hatch all the eggs with your flame body pokemon on your team. Good luck.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

that ivy guy posted:

Pounded in the Butt by my Own Incineroar

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Black Baby Goku posted:

Everyone post your friend codes again. I added most of you

Mayhaps the OP of the thread could come up with something to solve this proplem.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

...alright

For convenience sake 5026-5879-0994

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

I been reading around about poke breeding and I think the only mechanic I don't get is IVs. Are they just random at birth/catch, outside of the ones that get passed down from the parents?

Yea. Every game has a way to catch pokemon with a number of IVs at 31 though, in this game its SOS battles. I think they can get up to 4 perfect IVs

If you use the destiny knot when breeding, 5 of the 6 IVs will be passed down from the parents. Which 5 stats and which parent is random. The last IV is random

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

SOS battles are the ones where they call in reinforcements right?

Yeah. Supposedly every time a pokemon is called in the same battle, it has a higher chance of having one or more perfect IVs, and its hidden ability

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

So I screwed up the first step, should have caught a female with perfect IVs first and then given her destiny knot and bred with male with the nature I want holding an everstone

It doesnt matter which parent has the good IVs. Each inherited IV does a coinflip to see which parent it comes from

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

It takes a while but it feels good to do all the breeding stuff right and then EV train properly and level up and learn the right moves and use the good TMs and give it a good nickname then finally you are extremely out of bubblegum

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

It used to be but you can use EV training hold items to max out specific stats without worrying who you fight

Not totally true. When holding them you get 8 EVs of the corresponding stat no matter what pokemon you fight, but you still get the EVs of the pokemon on top of that. So you still wanna fight the right ones

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

Yeah true, I forgot to mention that but I read it. Btw do you know what's up with the guy who will max your IVs with a bottle cap. I read online that this doesn't actually do anything to the math, it will just increase the numbers on he stats page without doing anything. Is that true?

From what I read, it gives a permanent boost to the stat to make it equivalent to a 31 IV. So for battle purposes it should be exactly like having a 31 IV, but it will pass down your original IV when breeding and won't change your Hidden Power type

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

Why would they do this

Nintendo doesnt like change so instead of overhauling the system they just add things to make it easier. I havent done it yet but it looks like EV training is more painless this gen than any before, at least

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Also you need to be level 100 to use the bottle caps lol

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

Or like 75...is there a PvP meta? Is it level 100 for all the EV, IV and Nature math to be worth it -_-

If you go online or do whatever the postgame battle thing is, it usually scales you down to 50. Not sure in this game tho

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I just realized my calendar is all messed up since I got Litwick

If you have pokemon moon your game is offset by 12 hours

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

MINDFREAK!!!!!!!!!!

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Black Baby Goku posted:

I love Pokémon

me2

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

I havent been able to play since I beat the fire trial but I have been reading hella stuff at work

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

rediscover posted:

using a pokeball in the credit sequence??

Isnt that how you got Deoxys in ORAS

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Breloom is the best pokemon catcher, technician powered false swipe, high attack, and spore/stun spore. But you can't get him in this game ;____;

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Other good ones: Parasect has false swipe and spore, but is a weak peice of crap. Gallade can have false swipe and hypnosis, almost as good

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

I think they stack types against you so its important to have good coverage/switchins

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Are you forced to battle the mega beasts/tapus at a certain point, and is that the only time you can?

I just wanna know when I need my abra sync army ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

You are forced to fight Tapu Koko after the Elite 4/Champion battle and the other Tapus are optional after that. Postgame also unlocks a questline that will have you hunting the UBs. Dunno about the Tapus but the UBs still stay in place after you faint them so the quest only progresses after you catch them.

Can you get to a pc between the E4 / tapu koko?

• Locked thread