Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I feel like I'm just going to start documenting these as I keep playing:

Combat is really hard right now, y'all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

I'm busy, and I'm having fun.

06. (S) Hatching a Scheme

Following the events of this video, I'm adjusting my estimate to 60% smitten, 40% stalker.

AnEvilHerbivore
Feb 17, 2013

I will eat all of the leaves on this tree. I will eat more leaves than I should, and then other giraffes may die.

flamedrake posted:

Following the events of this video, I'm adjusting my estimate to 60% smitten, 40% stalker.

I'm throwing my lot in at 100% creepy rear end in a top hat, personally.

"She didn't want anything to do with me, so I stalked her and arranged a meeting. Then when we were walking she let out this unnatural noise and ran off. Obviously, she's cursed. So I decided to hire a mercenary to try to get close to her again. So while she was busy with him, I went hunting through her room. Then the mercenary, like, totally tried to cockblock me by "respecting her privacy" so I snuck into her room again to spy on her. Then she had the nerve to reject me! After everything I did for her!"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

AnEvilHerbivore posted:

I'm throwing my lot in at 100% creepy rear end in a top hat, personally.

"She didn't want anything to do with me, so I stalked her and arranged a meeting. Then when we were walking she let out this unnatural noise and ran off. Obviously, she's cursed. So I decided to hire a mercenary to try to get close to her again. So while she was busy with him, I went hunting through her room. Then the mercenary, like, totally tried to cockblock me by "respecting her privacy" so I snuck into her room again to spy on her. Then she had the nerve to reject me! After everything I did for her!"

"Also, I was going to execute a captured animal to show her that I'm a true alpha male, but it didn't work. Sure I failed and almost died, but the act should count for something, right?"
I'm really not a fan of that guy. In theory he may have good intentions, but he's putting that poor woman so far up a pedestal that he can't even see her anymore.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The fantasy medieval Nice Guy. :barf:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Poil posted:

The fantasy medieval Nice Guy. :barf:

Well, he's supposed to be a knight. At BEST that's what they were.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

I'm really not a fan of that guy. In theory he may have good intentions, but he's putting that poor woman so far up a pedestal that he can't even see her anymore.

I think this is a fair way to describe the situation. Most of the individual things he does aren't really bad on the surface, but there's an undercurrent of "...and then she'll love me!" that really pushes it way over the line. She continues to not love him and he pushes harder and harder, convinced that "maiden ♥ knight" and with no idea that this isn't how it works and that he's dealing with a (mostly) human being, until she has to straight up scream in his face to go away so he'll take the hint. He's definitely not in the right, but his motivations fit right into the muddy grey areas this game loves to splash around in.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Hey, cool, we're LPing Geoff Keighley's best RPG of the year.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

07. (M) I Rarely Say No to a Snifter

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Looks like the extreme cosplayers were a bit too much. :roflolmao:

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

They were, in fact, as extreme as advertised.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Mostly it was just the mage who was extreme bullshit. And the guy who bought the statues/golems who was an extreme moron.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

08. (M) My Dinner with Marlene

The spotted wight's animation is absolutely delightful.

Minor spoilers for Hearts of Stone: It's very strongly implied in these files that the person who cursed Marlene was Master Mirror, the primary antagonist in HoS. This kind of needlessly harsh retribution is right in his wheelhouse too.

Unfortunately, work has been kicking my rear end lately and I've been having trouble keeping up, so I'm gonna slow down updates for a bit. Part 9 will be up Thursday, and 10 next Monday, then we'll see from there. Fletcher has a bonus video in the works, but I'm not sure when that'll be done.

Level 1 Thief fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Dec 5, 2016

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

flamedrake posted:

Fletcher has a bonus video in the works, but I'm not sure when that'll be done.

Probably by the weekend. Probably. Depends on how hard it is to capture some of the footage.

Here's a hint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-egGn5WYrk

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Well, looks like this LP is over???

skullhead tethyis
Dec 30, 2015

YouTube posted:

This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated.
whelp

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Well, it seems to have recovered from its termination already

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Seems to be fine for me.

Like Gerald, this LP lives again after it had an undignified and badly explained death.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Dec 5, 2016

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

Seems to be fine for me.

Like Gerald, this LP lives again after it had an undignified and badly explained death.

That's bizarre; the channel hasn't shown any copyright strikes at all. They didn't even send me an email saying it was terminated! I wonder what happened.

At least it resolved itself. Each video is like a four hour upload.

Level 1 Thief fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 5, 2016

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/search?q=youtube%20terminated&src=typd sounds like someone pushed the wrong button

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

Haha, great. Good job, YT, you've gone and done it again.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Just imagine if terminating a channel would directly delete all their videos from the server. Good to see Youtube isn't that incompetent.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
As part of said silly bonus, a stream is occurring in a few minutes at this address, and a person I won't mock over literal OCD is going to start playing the Witcher games.

From the first.

Because of this thread.

edit: So that happened. Here, have the best part of the stream in one convenient link: http://www.witchipedia.com Remember, folks: Anyone can kill.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 6, 2016

AnEvilHerbivore
Feb 17, 2013

I will eat all of the leaves on this tree. I will eat more leaves than I should, and then other giraffes may die.

END ME SCOOB posted:

As part of said silly bonus, a stream is occurring in a few minutes at this address, and a person I won't mock over literal OCD is going to start playing the Witcher games.

From the first.

Because of this thread.

edit: So that happened. Here, have the best part of the stream in one convenient link: http://www.witchipedia.com Remember, folks: Anyone can kill.

Turns out we hosed up! Audio for the game was doubled and it sounded atrocious and we didn't know about it until I listened back to the recording. Sorry if you tuned in and heard that, the recording will not be posted and I am deleting the twitch recording because of the hosed up audio. My bad!

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Oh my gosh a crown of spoons

P.N.T.M.
Jan 14, 2006

tiny dinosaurs
Fun Shoe
If I buy Witcher 3 vanilla, can I expect this kind of kickass fantasy or is the B&W expansion exceptional?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Hah. In one of the videos they mention a wine 'Est Est' - that's a genuine type of wine, so named because when some high-up Catholic minister had a servant check an acquired wine cellar, he asked him to list the wines either 'Est' or 'Est no' for it is or it is not, respectively. The servant encountered a wine so good, he wrote 'Est Est', and a wine legend was born. According to what I heard, anyway.

God I love wine.

Edit: Also, when Regis is first encountered in the book, the way the Mandrake distillate is described makes it sound... really cool. Something I would love to try.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 6, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

P.N.T.M. posted:

If I buy Witcher 3 vanilla, can I expect this kind of kickass fantasy or is the B&W expansion exceptional?

You totally can and you totally should. To be honest, the main plot of B&W is probably the weakest one of Witcher 3.
It's legitimately one of the best games of this decade.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

09. (S) W-Treme W-Men

So! My home internet is currently down, and is likely going to continue to be so for the next few days at least, so the next video is unlikely to be ready to go on Monday. We've got a bunch more videos already recorded, so please be patient! I'll get this thing back on the rails in no time.

P.N.T.M. posted:

All of Witcher 3 is very good! About the only major negative I can level against it is that it's SO sprawling that by the time it started tying things together I was having trouble remembering some of the early events. The main plot and most of the side content are consistently clever and engaging in a way most open world games don't even attempt. It's probably my favorite game of 2015.

Level 1 Thief fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Dec 17, 2016

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

flamedrake posted:

So! My home internet is currently down, and is likely going to continue to be so for the next few days at least, so the next video is unlikely to be ready to go on Monday. We've got a bunch more videos already recorded, so please be patient! I'll get this thing back on the rails in no time.

On this note, my Steam is currently trapped in an infinite failure to boot, so if you need me, mate, use the backup line should that not be fixed by... whenever.

Although I guess I could just use the mobile app. God, I hate that app. I just wanted to play Tomb Raider, man.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
So a friend of mine wanted to watch these videos, but had no idea what the hell was going on in them, since we didn't really cover the lore or gameplay at first. As a result we both got shitfaced and chatted about it. Don't sue, Comedy Central.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9lNlIE_xAE

There's an alternate cut of this video which I can never, ever upload due to the fact that I did indeed find some of the things we discuss in this video and I spliced them in. I might not have been sober for that editing decision.

edit: In removing one of those things I cut out this glorious clip we discuss around 16:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-egGn5WYrk

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Dec 14, 2016

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

Back in action! with an episode with no actual plot

10. (X) Cat Scratch Fever

I got a bit grumpy recording this one, which coincidentally matches my mood most of the last couple weeks.

Sorry about the wait! We should be back to 3 videos a week from this point forward. hahaha nope

Level 1 Thief fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jan 12, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Some weird choices with those witcher schools. Manticore and griffin are slightly more impressive than a mere wolf. Bears are pretty tough too but a cat? A house cat? How much use is a witcher who naps for most of the day and purrs if you scratch him behind the ears?

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Poil posted:

Some weird choices with those witcher schools. Manticore and griffin are slightly more impressive than a mere wolf. Bears are pretty tough too but a cat? A house cat? How much use is a witcher who naps for most of the day and purrs if you scratch him behind the ears?

Well they're clearly the fuzzy-wuzziest.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
You keep misgendering poor Roach. To be fair, her gender is not really stated at a lot of points since Geralt doesn't talk a lot about her. But Roach is distinctively female.
By the way, There is a really important side quest somewhere, which I missed on my playthrough. I hope you'll find it.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

You keep misgendering poor Roach. To be fair, her gender is not really stated at a lot of points since Geralt doesn't talk a lot about her. But Roach is distinctively female.

This actually comes up either in this video or the next one, as it's referenced in the quest to set up your vineyard (which we did again at a later date because I forgot to hit record the first time like an idiot). Suffice it to say, I don't really know crap about horses and Roach's sex was mentioned maybe twice in the preceding 180 hours so I forgot.

11. (M) Shoeshine Shakedown

Level 1 Thief fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Dec 19, 2016

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
In a similar "we hosed up" moment: how the hell did I not realize until I got there in my own game literally Lara Croft beat us to the Professor's tomb

She dodged the first panther trap via a strangely narrow crevice she squeezed through, the second by climbing loose bricks and mortarwork to just pass the trap, and then she fired a rope arrow down to start one of her eternally-burning campfires and go off into her challenge tomb. It's literally reboot Lara.

(no, I'm not spoiling the DLC for myself, I wanted to unlock the mutations to gently caress around with in the main game)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Let's head into the back alleys to meet a "sausage snurfer". :gay:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

A young shoe shiner with a sense of business somewhat loose morality and a vaguely Scottish dialect? I wonder...

He's totally a Scrooge McDuck reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
We recorded again and here's a thing that won't make the final video: go ahead and click me!

• Locked thread