Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

cant cook creole bream posted:

A young shoe shiner with a sense of business somewhat loose morality and a vaguely Scottish dialect? I wonder...

He's totally a Scrooge McDuck reference.

Where the hell in Scotland do you think he's from?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Samovar posted:

Where the hell in Scotland do you think he's from?!

The northeastern part of Belleheiglash. For all you know, that might be exactly how people talk around there.

But to be honest, I am not that good with discerning dialects and just wanted another point for this dubios connection. If you squint your ears a bit, it might be considered some form of Scottish. There are quite a lot of those. I chose to believe it's a stupid reference, intentional or not.
On the other hand over-eager shoeshine might be a common character nowadays.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 21, 2016

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

I'm busy, and I'm having fun.

12. (M) I'll Die If I Want To

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That mask is perfect, especially for soup.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
You're really hurrying through the main quest. There is so much side stuff you have yet to do.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

You're really hurrying through the main quest. There is so much side stuff you have yet to do.

Oh, you're in for a real treat shortly.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

END ME SCOOB posted:

Oh, you're in for a real treat shortly.
I hope you find the sort of hidden side quest I missed. From what I know about it, it will be extremely up your alley.

Also that video contained the one of the weirdest compliments I've ever heard.
"Her voice, were it stone, would certainly be a diamond:" What sort of mental disorder do you need to make that association? "This woman sounds sort of like quartz while that guy over there is more of a trachyandestite." But to be fair, Geralds voice is pretty gravelly.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Dec 21, 2016

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

I hope you find the sort of hidden side quest I missed. From what I know about it, it will be extremely up your alley.

Also that video contained the one of the weirdest compliments I've ever heard.
"Her voice, were it stone, would certainly be a diamond:" What sort of mental disorder do you need to make that association? "This woman sounds sort of like quartz while that guy over there is more of a trachyandestite." But to be fair, Geralds voice is pretty gravelly.

I like how the men in Toussaint try to be poetic but really to anyone else they sound like complete twerps. :allears:

I cannot overstate that the music in B&W is wonderful. I spent a lot of time roaming around without UI in not-Aquitaine looking for new gwent cards.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Give me a hint for what to look for just so I can make sure we don't pass it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

END ME SCOOB posted:

Give me a hint for what to look for just so I can make sure we don't pass it.

I don't want to give away to much. But apparently you find it in a small settlement northeast of Dun Tynne Crossroads by talking to a distressed woman. There is no real reason to go over there, so it's kinda easy to miss. It's something about phantoms.
I never experienced that quest, but it sounds fun.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Dec 23, 2016

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

I don't want to give away to much. But apparently you find it in a small settlement northeast of Dun Tynne Crossroads by talking to a distressed woman. There is no real reason to go over there, so it's kinda easy to miss. It's something about phantoms.
I never experienced that quest, but it sounds fun.

Its great.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

I hosed up part 13 and have to redo it, but in a Christmas miracle, I have a bonus video ready to go up!

B1. (X) Lootin'

This was recorded directly after 13 but it doesn't spoil anything that happens in it -- this is me running around Toussaint, looting whatever containers I can find, trying to fill up the coffers after talky armor man cleaned me out. So if you want to see how I play games when nobody's looking, here you go. We mostly chat about other video games.

Don't worry too much about sidequests -- I've been trying to keep the time on main/side stuff roughly even, but even if we finish the main story early I have every intention of going back and doing all the secondary quests available. To the best that either of us could find, there's only one that's totally missable, and that was Vivienne's bird problem, so there's nothing to worry about on that front. And like Fletcher hinted, we've got a big chunk of side content coming up right about here, and there were some really fun quests in there.

Thanks to everyone for watching, and have a great holiday!

Level 1 Thief fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Dec 25, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Still working my way through the videos, but if you weren't aware, there's an odd wrinkle to Bird Quest: like most everyone here, I kept my mouth shut about Vivienne to Mr Nice Guy, and so the quest proceeds in that fashion, but apparently if you DO tell him it goes full fairy tale and he can free her from the curse consequence free, my friend did that.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

13. (M) Plus One

Oh, Regis, you really shouldn't have.

Rodyle posted:

Still working my way through the videos, but if you weren't aware, there's an odd wrinkle to Bird Quest: like most everyone here, I kept my mouth shut about Vivienne to Mr Nice Guy, and so the quest proceeds in that fashion, but apparently if you DO tell him it goes full fairy tale and he can free her from the curse consequence free, my friend did that.

The differing outcomes for the quests are one of my favorite things about the series -- choices don't necessarily lead to what you expect, and even the explicitly bad endings usually wrap things up in a satisfying way. Hell, Witcher 2 had almost two-thirds of the game take a significantly different course based on your actions. It's kept me from constantly going back to find the "good" endings, instead charging ahead without lingering regrets. For that reason, I'm still not totally decided on if I'm gonna do both major branches after B&W's Big Choice or not.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Just remember: whichever we inevitably choose, I'm doing the opposite in my run.

Y'know. Just to be informed.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
"You are in a deep and weirdly personal conversation about killing monsters and people with that creepy sinister stranger. Enough of that. Let's do a bit of small talk instead! I love deep cut dresses. Do you like dresses? Who is your favorite tailor?"
That scene is so great.

And the photosafari guy is cool too. Especially because his thinly veiled contempt for his peers.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Dec 30, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

"I want pictures of peacocks mating. They're... uh... for my daughter."

That almost sounded really weird. Gave me flashbacks of the chicken furry in a previous game.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

flamedrake posted:

The differing outcomes for the quests are one of my favorite things about the series -- choices don't necessarily lead to what you expect, and even the explicitly bad endings usually wrap things up in a satisfying way. Hell, Witcher 2 had almost two-thirds of the game take a significantly different course based on your actions. It's kept me from constantly going back to find the "good" endings, instead charging ahead without lingering regrets. For that reason, I'm still not totally decided on if I'm gonna do both major branches after B&W's Big Choice or not.
I would recommend doing the hunt at the orphanage then saving. Then you can go do What Lies Unseen to show if off, then reload before Tesha Mutna and go do the fairy tale stuff, alternately not getting and then getting the ribbon to show both variations of Tesha Mutna and the respective aftermaths simply because it's a lot of interesting, custom content and unlike the sidequest outcomes you can't really say you've done Blood and Wine without having seen all of that.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 31, 2016

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The game really drops plenty of hints here, but there are still people who are surprised when they're told how a 100 pound woman beat a professional hitman half to death and threw him out a window.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

14. (S) Home Improvement

"Sometimes, BB, I look back on my life and wonder, why the hell did I throw out all those paintings?"

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

At least you can fill the house with a lot of junk weapons and armor. If anyone cares for that sort of thing. :shrug:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Ladies and gentlemen, we made a bad decision tonight.

It's gonna be real fun to see how y'all take this.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Let me guess: You decided to record 5 uninterrupted hours of gwent. If that's not it, than you should.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

I can't believe you would just walk into someone's home and say something so horrible.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Let me guess: You decided to record 5 uninterrupted hours of gwent. If that's not it, than you should.

I mean, I'll record that if you want, but I openly cheat at Gwent. It won't make for a fun view.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

15. (S) Endangerous

We've got a lot of balls in the air right now.

Level 1 Thief fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jan 6, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Aw, poor basilisk. :(

That guy could have just blocked off that road, couldn't he? He owns the land and all. Moron... But not as dumb as those guys who fight monsters with no armor and bare chested. A freaking cat could leave an open wound on them.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Poil posted:

Aw, poor basilisk. :(

That guy could have just blocked off that road, couldn't he? He owns the land and all. Moron... But not as dumb as those guys who fight monsters with no armor and bare chested. A freaking cat could leave an open wound on them.

I believe if you spare the monster he does put up roadblocks with guards on the roads around the area. It's been a while so might be wrong, though.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Shinji117 posted:

I believe if you spare the monster he does put up roadblocks with guards on the roads around the area. It's been a while so might be wrong, though.

Yep, that's what happens.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I spared the Basilisk, which got somewhat hilarious as it persists on the map after the quest and would try to snatch me off Roach when I took shortcuts.

One of the random quests around town sends you into a bank, ya'll should get on that bad boy quick.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

16. (S) A Witcher Lying Senselessly on the Heath

He's a natural.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

"It's all... perfect." *stares at Geralt's crotch*

Poil fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 12, 2017

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

The trophy spots are for literal trophies. If you had won the knight tourney you would have gotten one.

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jan 12, 2017

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

Wiseblood posted:

The trophy spots are for literal trophies. If you had won the knight tourney you would have gotten one.

...that makes a lot more sense than slapping severed monster heads in your bedroom!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You gotta love every inch of that Witch

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

We've had a fun time saving sculptors and getting immortalized in art, but it's high time we dealt with this vampire dilemma.

17. (M) Choices & Consequences

And with this, we are now locked on track to finish the main story! Some really cool scenes coming up, so stay tuned!

Level 1 Thief fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jan 18, 2017

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Well, that turned pretty dramatic in about every possible way, thanks Anna Henrietta.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I've only ever seen one of these paths and I really don't believe that the other one could possibly top it, but I am excited to see what you will do.

One cool thing about Syana is that it's actually just a nickname. Her given name is Sylvia Anna, but it's a quite nice portmanteau which sounds way cooler and softer.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jan 19, 2017

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

I've only ever seen one of these paths and I really don't believe that the other one could possibly top it, but I am excited to see what you will do.

As the madman who has gazed into that abyss: oh man are you in for a treat no matter which you've seen.

Even if you've seen the one we recorded, it's gonna go places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So this is one of my biggest problems with B&W's main story: Det establishes a very, VERY clear deadline and consequence, and then... timeskip during which everyone apparently mostly just sat around jerking off. Henrietta continues to expect you to kill him despite being told that's outright impossible, there's a lot of things that annoy me about this.

Not the least of which is the quest being called the "Night of Long Fangs" :cripes:

• Locked thread