Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Are there butchers in the witcher world? It seems like an insanely dangerous profession considering what will come crawling towards the smell of meat.

Poil fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Nov 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Ah, that explains a lot thank you. But doesn't a lot of monsters quite happily eat people? Can the city guards or soldiers handle monsters (I assume they can if there are enough of them)? Or do people hire witchers to clear out an area and then move in and shovel all over it to make fields and such?

The Witcher is really good at making the place seem populated from what I've seen so far though. The tiny villagers have almost as many buildings as normal rpg towns and while the countryside can only be described as overrun by monsters you can take two steps outside a city wall and not get mauled by fiften bears.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The competition seems really stupid, how is anyone supposed to grab all three without being a rude and cheating witcher? Just one of the items won't be enough to do anything.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

flamedrake posted:

All I can figure is they meant for the people who found the different items to come together in love and understanding, togetherness with your fellow man, something like that. Either that or they secretly refresh the clues when nobody's looking.
That's not a bad idea. It makes Geralt's behavior even better. :allears:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The fantasy medieval Nice Guy. :barf:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Looks like the extreme cosplayers were a bit too much. :roflolmao:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Mostly it was just the mage who was extreme bullshit. And the guy who bought the statues/golems who was an extreme moron.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Some weird choices with those witcher schools. Manticore and griffin are slightly more impressive than a mere wolf. Bears are pretty tough too but a cat? A house cat? How much use is a witcher who naps for most of the day and purrs if you scratch him behind the ears?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Let's head into the back alleys to meet a "sausage snurfer". :gay:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That mask is perfect, especially for soup.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

"I want pictures of peacocks mating. They're... uh... for my daughter."

That almost sounded really weird. Gave me flashbacks of the chicken furry in a previous game.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

At least you can fill the house with a lot of junk weapons and armor. If anyone cares for that sort of thing. :shrug:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Aw, poor basilisk. :(

That guy could have just blocked off that road, couldn't he? He owns the land and all. Moron... But not as dumb as those guys who fight monsters with no armor and bare chested. A freaking cat could leave an open wound on them.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

"It's all... perfect." *stares at Geralt's crotch*

Poil fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 12, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

As much as I am curious what an elder vampire is like I would prefer Geralt to tell the duchess to suck it. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Wait wait wait, there is no way Geralt could ride a unicorn. He's no maiden. :colbert:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Sweet, now Geralt can become king of England.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That quest was amazing. :allears:

• Locked thread