Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Yeah, you should probably expect that at times I'm just going to grab my phone and double-check myself during downtime. Feel free to correct me if I still gently caress something up, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Herr Tog posted:

Did yall do a vanilla run of the game?

I'm working on it now off camera and without Flamedrake and it also isn't very vanilla because my game keeps breaking in new and exciting ways that come up in our commentary from time to time.

So probably not what you're looking for, sorry. Protip: if you want to improve your defense, cause Geralt to merge with the earth itself so that your movements shift the continent - enemies can't hit you when you're the planet

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Poil posted:

But doesn't a lot of monsters quite happily eat people? Can the city guards or soldiers handle monsters (I assume they can if there are enough of them)? Or do people hire witchers to clear out an area and then move in and shovel all over it to make fields and such?

In order:

- it's probably a 50/50 mix and keep in mind random wildlife are just as dangerous (loving BOARS)
- Depends on the monster, but that's going to be a plot point in this expansion (however, as we also say at one point: they probably could with some given that their levels scale with yours!)
- This is actually a set of sidequests and stuff you can do in the game, there'll be former battlefields or ruined towns or the like you can clear out and as a result people will resettle there/begin farming it/etc. Some quests also reward you for looking in the bestiary and knowing about the environments/habits of a monster and taking appropriate measures: I just did one last night in the main game where by burning the corpses as I worked it kept carrion-eaters from spawning in.

This turkey takes loving forever to cook, y'all

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 25, 2016

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I cannot speak to the mandrake side of things, but we non-mutant humans can indeed consume vodka, yes.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I feel like I'm just going to start documenting these as I keep playing:

Combat is really hard right now, y'all

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Hey, cool, we're LPing Geoff Keighley's best RPG of the year.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

flamedrake posted:

Fletcher has a bonus video in the works, but I'm not sure when that'll be done.

Probably by the weekend. Probably. Depends on how hard it is to capture some of the footage.

Here's a hint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-egGn5WYrk

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
As part of said silly bonus, a stream is occurring in a few minutes at this address, and a person I won't mock over literal OCD is going to start playing the Witcher games.

From the first.

Because of this thread.

edit: So that happened. Here, have the best part of the stream in one convenient link: http://www.witchipedia.com Remember, folks: Anyone can kill.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 6, 2016

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

flamedrake posted:

So! My home internet is currently down, and is likely going to continue to be so for the next few days at least, so the next video is unlikely to be ready to go on Monday. We've got a bunch more videos already recorded, so please be patient! I'll get this thing back on the rails in no time.

On this note, my Steam is currently trapped in an infinite failure to boot, so if you need me, mate, use the backup line should that not be fixed by... whenever.

Although I guess I could just use the mobile app. God, I hate that app. I just wanted to play Tomb Raider, man.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
So a friend of mine wanted to watch these videos, but had no idea what the hell was going on in them, since we didn't really cover the lore or gameplay at first. As a result we both got shitfaced and chatted about it. Don't sue, Comedy Central.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9lNlIE_xAE

There's an alternate cut of this video which I can never, ever upload due to the fact that I did indeed find some of the things we discuss in this video and I spliced them in. I might not have been sober for that editing decision.

edit: In removing one of those things I cut out this glorious clip we discuss around 16:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-egGn5WYrk

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Dec 14, 2016

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
In a similar "we hosed up" moment: how the hell did I not realize until I got there in my own game literally Lara Croft beat us to the Professor's tomb

She dodged the first panther trap via a strangely narrow crevice she squeezed through, the second by climbing loose bricks and mortarwork to just pass the trap, and then she fired a rope arrow down to start one of her eternally-burning campfires and go off into her challenge tomb. It's literally reboot Lara.

(no, I'm not spoiling the DLC for myself, I wanted to unlock the mutations to gently caress around with in the main game)

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
We recorded again and here's a thing that won't make the final video: go ahead and click me!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

cant cook creole bream posted:

You're really hurrying through the main quest. There is so much side stuff you have yet to do.

Oh, you're in for a real treat shortly.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

I hope you find the sort of hidden side quest I missed. From what I know about it, it will be extremely up your alley.

Give me a hint for what to look for just so I can make sure we don't pass it.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Just remember: whichever we inevitably choose, I'm doing the opposite in my run.

Y'know. Just to be informed.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Ladies and gentlemen, we made a bad decision tonight.

It's gonna be real fun to see how y'all take this.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Let me guess: You decided to record 5 uninterrupted hours of gwent. If that's not it, than you should.

I mean, I'll record that if you want, but I openly cheat at Gwent. It won't make for a fun view.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

I've only ever seen one of these paths and I really don't believe that the other one could possibly top it, but I am excited to see what you will do.

As the madman who has gazed into that abyss: oh man are you in for a treat no matter which you've seen.

Even if you've seen the one we recorded, it's gonna go places.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Don't worry, there are going to be some distinct visuals in the other one.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Please watch all 3 endings because we tried actually making them distinct.

(gently caress that shoeshine kid)

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
My recording partner is a tasteful man who will not plug our work. I have no such qualms, and you may want to hop on this since my computer exploding put us a little behind on recording the further adventures of Geralt in Fabletown.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Holy poo poo does it feel good to be through after all the fires.

I forget, did we lose the one where I burned myself mid-recording?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Now I feel dumb that all I've done is make The Man in the Yellow Raincoat. Who is clearly the legal guardian of Cirious George.

• Locked thread