Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Still working my way through the videos, but if you weren't aware, there's an odd wrinkle to Bird Quest: like most everyone here, I kept my mouth shut about Vivienne to Mr Nice Guy, and so the quest proceeds in that fashion, but apparently if you DO tell him it goes full fairy tale and he can free her from the curse consequence free, my friend did that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

flamedrake posted:

The differing outcomes for the quests are one of my favorite things about the series -- choices don't necessarily lead to what you expect, and even the explicitly bad endings usually wrap things up in a satisfying way. Hell, Witcher 2 had almost two-thirds of the game take a significantly different course based on your actions. It's kept me from constantly going back to find the "good" endings, instead charging ahead without lingering regrets. For that reason, I'm still not totally decided on if I'm gonna do both major branches after B&W's Big Choice or not.
I would recommend doing the hunt at the orphanage then saving. Then you can go do What Lies Unseen to show if off, then reload before Tesha Mutna and go do the fairy tale stuff, alternately not getting and then getting the ribbon to show both variations of Tesha Mutna and the respective aftermaths simply because it's a lot of interesting, custom content and unlike the sidequest outcomes you can't really say you've done Blood and Wine without having seen all of that.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 31, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I spared the Basilisk, which got somewhat hilarious as it persists on the map after the quest and would try to snatch me off Roach when I took shortcuts.

One of the random quests around town sends you into a bank, ya'll should get on that bad boy quick.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You gotta love every inch of that Witch

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So this is one of my biggest problems with B&W's main story: Det establishes a very, VERY clear deadline and consequence, and then... timeskip during which everyone apparently mostly just sat around jerking off. Henrietta continues to expect you to kill him despite being told that's outright impossible, there's a lot of things that annoy me about this.

Not the least of which is the quest being called the "Night of Long Fangs" :cripes:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Real disappointed we couldn't get your raw reactions to the 19A stuff and that you didn't find the bonfire until cleanup.

Also I turned her down so I had no idea that poo poo was Zero G, that's weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

it's almost like CDPR is a good dev that gives a poo poo

• Locked thread