Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

AnEvilHerbivore posted:

I'm throwing my lot in at 100% creepy rear end in a top hat, personally.

"She didn't want anything to do with me, so I stalked her and arranged a meeting. Then when we were walking she let out this unnatural noise and ran off. Obviously, she's cursed. So I decided to hire a mercenary to try to get close to her again. So while she was busy with him, I went hunting through her room. Then the mercenary, like, totally tried to cockblock me by "respecting her privacy" so I snuck into her room again to spy on her. Then she had the nerve to reject me! After everything I did for her!"

"Also, I was going to execute a captured animal to show her that I'm a true alpha male, but it didn't work. Sure I failed and almost died, but the act should count for something, right?"
I'm really not a fan of that guy. In theory he may have good intentions, but he's putting that poor woman so far up a pedestal that he can't even see her anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Seems to be fine for me.

Like Gerald, this LP lives again after it had an undignified and badly explained death.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Dec 5, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Just imagine if terminating a channel would directly delete all their videos from the server. Good to see Youtube isn't that incompetent.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

P.N.T.M. posted:

If I buy Witcher 3 vanilla, can I expect this kind of kickass fantasy or is the B&W expansion exceptional?

You totally can and you totally should. To be honest, the main plot of B&W is probably the weakest one of Witcher 3.
It's legitimately one of the best games of this decade.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
You keep misgendering poor Roach. To be fair, her gender is not really stated at a lot of points since Geralt doesn't talk a lot about her. But Roach is distinctively female.
By the way, There is a really important side quest somewhere, which I missed on my playthrough. I hope you'll find it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

A young shoe shiner with a sense of business somewhat loose morality and a vaguely Scottish dialect? I wonder...

He's totally a Scrooge McDuck reference.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Samovar posted:

Where the hell in Scotland do you think he's from?!

The northeastern part of Belleheiglash. For all you know, that might be exactly how people talk around there.

But to be honest, I am not that good with discerning dialects and just wanted another point for this dubios connection. If you squint your ears a bit, it might be considered some form of Scottish. There are quite a lot of those. I chose to believe it's a stupid reference, intentional or not.
On the other hand over-eager shoeshine might be a common character nowadays.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 21, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
You're really hurrying through the main quest. There is so much side stuff you have yet to do.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

END ME SCOOB posted:

Oh, you're in for a real treat shortly.
I hope you find the sort of hidden side quest I missed. From what I know about it, it will be extremely up your alley.

Also that video contained the one of the weirdest compliments I've ever heard.
"Her voice, were it stone, would certainly be a diamond:" What sort of mental disorder do you need to make that association? "This woman sounds sort of like quartz while that guy over there is more of a trachyandestite." But to be fair, Geralds voice is pretty gravelly.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Dec 21, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

END ME SCOOB posted:

Give me a hint for what to look for just so I can make sure we don't pass it.

I don't want to give away to much. But apparently you find it in a small settlement northeast of Dun Tynne Crossroads by talking to a distressed woman. There is no real reason to go over there, so it's kinda easy to miss. It's something about phantoms.
I never experienced that quest, but it sounds fun.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Dec 23, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
"You are in a deep and weirdly personal conversation about killing monsters and people with that creepy sinister stranger. Enough of that. Let's do a bit of small talk instead! I love deep cut dresses. Do you like dresses? Who is your favorite tailor?"
That scene is so great.

And the photosafari guy is cool too. Especially because his thinly veiled contempt for his peers.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Dec 30, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Let me guess: You decided to record 5 uninterrupted hours of gwent. If that's not it, than you should.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I've only ever seen one of these paths and I really don't believe that the other one could possibly top it, but I am excited to see what you will do.

One cool thing about Syana is that it's actually just a nickname. Her given name is Sylvia Anna, but it's a quite nice portmanteau which sounds way cooler and softer.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jan 19, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Delacroix posted:

Archgriffin decoction cuts down the tedium of boss fights despite being nerfed. Ekhidna (spam jump outside of combat) and Ekkimara are nice so Geralt doesn't stuff his face full of food for a small city. Fiend lets you carry an extra 20 weight.

Also cockactrice adds an additional potion potion to all of them. That can help you in a pinch if you have a particularly hard fight and are out of supplies.
The rest don't really feel that useful. But bombs are really great and often underused.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Thanks for doing this extra work. I watched all three videos now. The path I have seen before is the jailbreak arc. Suffice to say, that may be the prettiest environment in the whole game.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Being in an abandoned fairy tale illusion, where everything went to poo poo causing Rapunzel to hang herself on her own hair to become a Disney wraith perfectly describes the witcher experience.
It's bleak, but it's extremely silly and downright funny if you think about it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Poil posted:

Wait wait wait, there is no way Geralt could ride a unicorn. He's no maiden. :colbert:

Yen made sure that he is quite experienced at that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Level 1 Thief posted:

God drat Panthers

I like it when Geralt makes fun of lokal folklore.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That executioner must love his job, not the slightest moment of hesitation, just one dynamic swing with the axe.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
You can actually annoy Anna Henrietta and Dandelion at Syanna's grave. The duchess is kinda pissed about that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Well, yeah you need to pick up another (actually completely different) sword out of some old rocks for that.

Edit: That's a terrible way to start a page.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
The griffin set looks really good. But you didn't quite make it gaudy enough.
Red gloves and shirt, blue pants and brown boots. The shoulder pads of the red armor actually match up with the blue pants quite well. The red looks great with the golden chains. And It really seems to fit that whole, honorable fairy-tale knight thing Tousaint has going on.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I haven't got the game on my hard drive right now, so I can only show you screenshots I made at some point and most of them are scenery shots were you can only see his back.

Edit: Also these moles have a neat gimmick. Since they only orient by sound, you can throw a noise bomb against a wall. The thing will spindash against the wall and get stunned.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Feb 25, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Fun fact. That quest was written by a goon. This one.
Also if you quit it and the mushrooms wear off, the failure notice says something like, "Roach managed to solve that problem on her own."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Are there still some updates? If not, thanks for those videos. It's been a fun LP.

• Locked thread