Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
See I thought it meant low level Mafia enforcer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Tiggum posted:

This isn't an unpopular opinion, it's an insane opinion. Mashed is possibly the best way to eat potatoes, and while scrambled eggs can't hold a candle to devilled eggs, they're still great.

i put potato waffles and jacket potatos over mashed potatos.

i think jacket potatoes are better because there's very little that you can do to gently caress them up unless you're really trying to

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Boiled and then pan fried (with bacon, or sausage, or some such) potatoes are best, smashed comes in close second. If you take the smashed potatoes and then fry them that might be even better but never done it myself, too hungry so just eat the good smash.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The complete dismantling of Drake's empire, career, and life is going to be studied by future historians, never before has one artist so quickly cut through another's BS so systematically and effectively laying bare their complete disgrace for all to see . This is some Frazier vs Ali levels of enmity coming out and I'm glad to be alive to witness it.

XavierAlexander
Mar 22, 2024

by Pragmatica

Gripweed posted:

If Disney wants to revitalize the MCU, they need to drop the Kang storyline, put the multiverse stuff to the side, and go back to basics. Create an easy to understand hook that gets people interested again; vampires. Make the bad guy in every MCU movie a vampire. People would watch superheroes vs vampires. And the new Thanos, the new big bad guy they’re building up for the ultimate showdown? That’s right, it’s Dracula.

If Disney wants to revitalize Marvel they need to give Cronenberg an unimaginable budget to do whatever he wants with established characters for three movies. Then bring the suits back in to try and try to work with whatever he did and try to create a commercially viable product.

Art thrives in adversity. And this is an easy mode for Disney.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao Disney

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
If Disney were smart they would realize that the future of Marvel should be in cartoons, not live action.

The same is true of Star Wars, and also, and it’s unfortunate that Disney doesn’t realize this, Disney proper

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

the layered leg armor on MK2 Astartes armor looks stupid

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Gaius Marius posted:

The complete dismantling of Drake's empire, career, and life is going to be studied by future historians, never before has one artist so quickly cut through another's BS so systematically and effectively laying bare their complete disgrace for all to see . This is some Frazier vs Ali levels of enmity coming out and I'm glad to be alive to witness it.
Would you care to expand on this? I have no idea what is going on but I enjoy the downfall of famous people.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ommin posted:

Would you care to expand on this? I have no idea what is going on but I enjoy the downfall of famous people.

I'd give a summary but Drake just released a song fifteen minutes ago claiming that KDot is coming at him because he was molested as a child. This poo poo isn't ending anytime soon.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Gaius Marius posted:

I'd give a summary but Drake just released a song fifteen minutes ago claiming that KDot is coming at him because he was molested as a child. This poo poo isn't ending anytime soon.
Haha. I'll just wait for the HBO movie. Thanks though!

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

As I listen to some shithead spraying their juices all over the items a couple aisles over, I think it should be legal to kill anyone who coughs or sneezes in public without covering their mouth and nose.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

doverhog posted:

The pathetic weakness of the west has been on display for years now. They support Ukraine but keep letting Russia to fund the war with oil sales. The US made it a partisan issue in their failing political system, but they are still better than the EU, where there are states (Germany) and parties in favor of the new Hitler, Putin.

my personally held milquetoast opinion is that Netanyahu is Hitler 2 and that Putin is, idk, George H W Bush 2

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The opening to Beethoven's Symphony #9 absolutely kicks rear end but I've never listened to the whole song because it's simply too long and doesn't have any lyrics

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Weka posted:

my personally held milquetoast opinion is that Netanyahu is Hitler 2 and that Putin is, idk, George H W Bush 2

They are both Hitler. I wish I could promise that Hitler will lose, but it's not in any way guaranteed.

We were supposed to be at the end of history, according to some idiot ( Francis Fukuyama), but no. Trump might be the 3rd hitler, so I'm glad I don't have kids.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

doverhog posted:

They are both Hitler. I wish I could promise that Hitler will lose, but it's not in any way guaranteed.

We were supposed to be at the end of history, according to some idiot ( Francis Fukuyama), but no. Trump might be the 3rd hitler, so I'm glad I don't have kids.

Wouldn't Trump be the fourth Hitler?

Or are Netanyahu, Putin, and Trump so bad they make the original Hitler not even count as a Hitler anymore in comparison?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

the plot of Incredibles 1 except instead of heroes it's hitlers

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Gripweed posted:

Wouldn't Trump be the fourth Hitler?

You are right, sorry for this basic math fail. You could include other people too like Stalin, Pol Pot, etc. so it's not an accurate measurement.

Trump isn't Hitler yet, since he hasn't done genocide, unlike the other two.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Runa posted:

the plot of Incredibles 1 except instead of heroes it's hitlers

Once everyone is hitler... then no one will be.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
It annoys me that people say that orange cats are dumber or more wild than other cats. They aren’t! Stop stereotyping cats!

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

thetoughestbean posted:

It annoys me that people say that orange cats are dumber or more wild than other cats. They aren’t! Stop stereotyping cats!

I'll stop stereotyping when they stop being so dumb.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Scientists have looked into it, those cats are stupid.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Modal Auxiliary posted:

I'll stop stereotyping when they stop being so dumb.

All cats are dumb!

doverhog
May 31, 2013

We used to have 2 cats, 1 orange, the other white with black spots. Siblings born at the same time. The orange cat absolutely was dumber and more aggressive than the sweet, friendly, smaller, spotted cat.

So based on this, hmm, I should probably judge all orange cats to be dumb and aggressive. :gurf:

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

doverhog posted:

You are right, sorry for this basic math fail. You could include other people too like Stalin, Pol Pot, etc. so it's not an accurate measurement.

Trump isn't Hitler yet, since he hasn't done genocide, unlike the other two.
How many Hitler's would a Hitler Hitler if a Hitler could Hit-ler?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Ommin posted:

How many Hitler's would a Hitler Hitler if a Hitler could Hit-ler?

Zero. Hitlers love other Hitlers and so would not Hitler any of them.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
False. Hitler Hitlered every other Hitler that he met.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Hitler. Hitler. Hitler. Has a tinny sound to it. Doesn't sound woody, no, not woody at all

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

thetoughestbean posted:

I have recently had an orange, white and black feral cat move in and she's pretty wild. I presume that she gets it from her orange parts. The day she moved in on... NOT a Monday!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I feel a bit like that canadian lady complaining about 'woke coffee lids' the other day.

I am mildly annoyed they stopped having the little bit of plastic on shower gel bottles to hang from your shower. I am all for cutting down on excess plastic, but that bit seemed quite useful.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

False. Hitler Hitlered every other Hitler that he met.

Actually, they joined forces.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Muscle Tracer posted:

Actually, they joined forces.

some of those that join forces
are the same that haken kreuzes

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Anyone who beats me in Street Fighter II is a big ol jerk

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

doctorfrog posted:

Anyone who beats me in Street Fighter II is a big ol jerk

That guy at the mall who can hadouken me with one hand is just showing off and in this slice of Sbarro I will show you how

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Snakes shouldn't be considered vertebrates. They are clearly horizontalbrates.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Not when they're climbing.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time
First they came for the Hitler
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Hitler
Then they came for the Hitler
And I did not speak out
And I did not speak out
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Hitler.
Then they came for Hitler
And there was no one left
To speak out for Hitler.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Cat rear end Trophy posted:

First they came for the Hitler
And I did not speak out
And I did not speak out
And I did not speak out
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Hitler.
Then they came for Hitler
And there was no one left
To speak out for Hitler.

this is just to say

i have come
for the Hitler
that was in
the icebox

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I think air fryers are alright and they draw less power than traditional toaster ovens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I think seagulls are cute and I wanna pet one.