Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Being boring is okay. Not preferable, but okay.

The important thing is that you're normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Wheat Loaf posted:

The woman who made the accusation just sort of disappeared from history afterwards, didn't she? I wonder whatever happened to her.

i guess that was pretty much her 15 minutes, during the trial she was nicknamed the avenging angel but wasn't discussed much otherwise and afterwards the only things the papers reported on her were for receiving bigamy charges shortly after the trial (her divorce papers from an earlier marriage to a jailed bootlegger weren't completely filed when she remarried earlier that year), getting jilted, getting engaged again and that she gave an interview about the arbuckle scandal some years later when she was in her mid-40s ; she eventually had over 50 counts of fraud, extortion, racketeering, etc on her police record tho

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jastiger posted:

Its not about entitlement or lectures, its about people putting their head in the sand any time something serious comes up. Im not a big lecture or shout down person at all. I just find it cowardice to either run away from all those discussions or to poo poo post about it and then shut down future discussion because you just wanted to spew your poo poo and run.

I'll use your advice:

Shut the gently caress up, jastiger

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

steinrokkan posted:

I'll use your advice:

Shut the gently caress up, jastiger

Phuo: jastiger should never shut up, and should probably run for president

Caufman
May 7, 2007
To achieve the highest levels of success, it's not enough to just be right. You also have to act right. There's a level of polemics after which decent people will just find you too abrasive to converse with. They may not be in the right, but you've also failed to achieve the most successful reaction to hearing something important. You control the communication from your side, and then after that it's in the receiver's hands. As you become more aware of both the most important core of your message and your ability to communicate it, the greater your responsibility is to effectively reach people.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Jastiger posted:

Phuo: jastiger should never shut up, and should probably run for president

Narrowly defeated by Hillary in 2020

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Olive! posted:

Complaining about other people using the ignore list makes you sound like an insecure baby who can't stand the idea that someone out there might not want to read your worthless posts.

I came to terms with that long ago

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

fruit on the bottom posted:

Narrowly defeated by Hillary in 2020

I'd be OK with that.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I think the term "little people" sounds really dumb and patronising. If I had dwarfism I'd want to be called a dwarf, because it sounds way cooler. Even "midget" sounds better than "little person" and it's basically never not used as an insult.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tiggum posted:

If I had dwarfism I'd want to be called a dwarf

Well if you ever catch the dwarfism let us know.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Tiggum posted:

I think the term "little people" sounds really dumb and patronising. If I had dwarfism I'd want to be called a dwarf, because it sounds way cooler. Even "midget" sounds better than "little person" and it's basically never not used as an insult.

this is the unpopular opinion thread not the self absorbed shithead opinion thread

Here's my unpopular opinion: You're not completely terrible, just mostly terrible

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Apple products are bad and im glad there seems to be some semblance of that recognition with the latest iPhone release

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Jastiger posted:

Apple products are bad and im glad there seems to be some semblance of that recognition with the latest iPhone release

yes, my partner got given an iphone 7 from work and it's amazing how bad it is trying to set it up. Not sure how good / bad the hardware is but the usability is even worse than Android, by a long shot

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

ios is garbage. I got an ipad from work and it mostly collects dust in a drawer because it's so frustrating to use.

macos is good though.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

This just in: it's easier to use the thing you've always used than something else

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dross posted:

This just in: it's easier to use the thing you've always used than something else

Tell that to the spork buddy!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Dross posted:

This is partly why I refuse to buy any apple products, but mostly it's just out of spite because my field is absolutely dominated by mac users and I want to be non-conformist. Now that I have a surface book though I can't make fun of them anymore for always forgetting their "dongles" to hook up to projectors because I have to use them now too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

iOS used to be pretty dope, but all of the feature creep makes it suck to use. So it's basically all the garbage I hated on other phones mixed with the extremely limited customization of an apple product. There really isn't a phone OS I like anymore though they all suck. My work phone is an android and it's a stupid piece of poo poo too.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The only thing that really annoys me is how the software updates end up taking up so much of the memory. :(

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The new version of the apple podcast app blows chunks. Why did they change it?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It's extremely weird when you mention that you switched your work computer from PC to Mac and Mac users react like you told them you've just been baptized and accepted Jesus Christ into your heart as your Lord and personal saviour.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

It's extremely weird when you mention that you switched your work computer from PC to Mac and Mac users react like you told them you've just been baptized and accepted Jesus Christ into your heart as your Lord and personal saviour.
Jobs was the center of a cult of personality, so sounds about right?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Halloween Jack posted:

I've had people try and get me to use their macbooks for an hour at work or to play around with their ipad like they were trying to get me hooked on crack or something. They are weird and I don't even understand why macs dominate astronomy when linux (or even windows now that you can open a ubuntu terminal without dual-booting) can do the same things better, imho. Also I think the surface books look cooler than any macbook they don't even have the aesthetic advantage anymore.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Tiggum posted:

The Wee Little Baby Tiggum

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Elizabethan Error posted:

Jobs was the center of a cult of personality, so sounds about right?

i think they actually called their most vocal fanboys apple evangelicals during meeting hours because they spent obscene amounts of unpaid time proselytizing in Jobs' name to the extent that it was a sales factor

some would argue that, neurologically, it was an apt description

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
yes because PC people aren't just as annoying

note I have a PC and I'm not annoying I'm perfect

its a work pc

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

hard counter posted:

i think they actually called their most vocal fanboys apple evangelicals during meeting hours because they spent obscene amounts of unpaid time proselytizing in Jobs' name to the extent that it was a sales factor

some would argue that, neurologically, it was an apt description

I used to work with a dude who was an asst manager at our big box retail store and he was chill as gently caress. Then he got a job doing... something for Apple and got totally brainwashed and had like that wide eyed cult look whenever I saw him again. He called himself like a Johnny Appleseed or something insane

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
They should give an award to the quack doctor who convinced Jobs he could suck the cancer out through his butthole with coffee enemas.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Quackery is almost as hilarious to me as sensationalized yellow journalism.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Caufman posted:

Quackery is almost as hilarious to me as sensationalized yellow journalism.

Me too, but I wish they both weren't so damaging

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Yeah, human suffering is a bummer. Sigh, I guess I'll go back to doing something about it....

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Who the gently caress has a hard time using iOS on an iPhone? It's the most dumbed down user friendly interface of any other phone around.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Me. I don't like the notification page, the swipe ups and down, left right, it's confusing. Accidentally swipe down on the home page and suddenly a search bar shows up. The gently caress? I don't like how all the apps are stuck together in a grid. Feels more like a jail. Android sucked in 4.0 but they've made steady improvements since then and I can't us anything else now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The_Rob posted:

Who the gently caress has a hard time using iOS on an iPhone? It's the most dumbed down user friendly interface of any other phone around.

It's not hard, but they consistently remove or change good UI choices in favor of poor ones. See: literally everything about the lock screen. It used to be really useful and now it's a barely functional disaster. Also gently caress them for forcing the double tap on us. I want swipe to unlock back. Also, a lot of their first party apps are just complete poo poo like iTunes and Podcasts and the App store and...actually all of them.

I say this as someone who still uses Apple stuff to this day. They have really gone downhill.

veni veni veni has a new favorite as of 00:35 on Oct 6, 2017

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

veni veni veni posted:

It's not hard, but they consistently remove or change good UI choices in favor of poor ones. See: literally everything about the lock screen. It used to be really useful and now it's a barely functional disaster. Also gently caress them for forcing the double tap on us. I want swipe to unlock back. Also, a lot of their first party apps are just complete poo poo like iTunes and Podcasts and the App store and...actually all of them.

I say this as someone who still uses Apple stuff to this day. They have really gone downhill.

What problems do you have with the lock screen. You turn the screen on and enter a number. What's hard about that.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I just watched The Postman for the first time ever and I thought it was pretty good. :confused:

The villain is one of those MRA dudes, right? That was neat.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

artsy fartsy posted:

I just watched The Postman for the first time ever and I thought it was pretty good. :confused:

The villain is one of those MRA dudes, right? That was neat.

Did you know Waterworld is also actually an OK movie?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Eh, Waterworld wasn't good. There were a few good parts, but overall it's really boring.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Is it just me or are the forums suddenly on 125% scale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dross posted:

Is it just me or are the forums suddenly on 125% scale?

Lowtax biggened the font size.