Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

i didn't care for mitch hedberg's standup

honestly i'm not a fan of mitches in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Kinda feel like the Gaylord cancels out the Mitch for me. He's a keeper.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

LED christmas lights are tacky

christmas lights of any kind are also tacky

I don't mind seeing the decorations at night though. Looks nice.

The whippy whappy screensaver projectors that you point at your garage door though, they look as terrible and low effort as they are.

In conclusion, Halloween is by far the superior decorative holiday.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

oldpainless posted:

Christmas is my favorite holiday. I’m sorry so many goons seem to hate it. I’ll pray for yall. I won’t pray hard but I will pray.

buddy I don't hate it, but I could do without most of the music.

And I said the lights are tacky, not that I hated them. I read about some dudes not liking LEDs b/c they are "tacky." They're all tacky, equally.

I accept your prayers on my behalf.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

earpods look like apple came so hard in your mouth it's coming out of your ears

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

printers printing printers, each generation lumpier than the last

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Nameless Pete posted:

I've never met a person who got really into Dune and came out happier for it.

I'm definitely that kind of guy who reads books and thinks everyone else should.

A friend of mine is that kind of guy who doesn't read books and brags about it, the same way I brag about reading books.

He told me that he read a Doom tie-in novel, which he liked, then he read all the Dune novels. After that, he was so mad that he never wanted to read anything again.

Having read them myself and enjoyed almost none of it, I had no comeback, and to this day have not pressured him into reading a single thing.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

docbeard posted:

Oh, uh, I know this one. What would your friend say if I asked him which door I should pick?

I would also have accepted "and so, betwixt the two you see, they pick the library shelves clean."

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I don't get people that are way into barbecuing. Good barbecue or smoked meat is good, but many other things are just as good. I suspect that the enthusiasm of men surrounding a barbecue is at least a little bit forced.

Also eating outside isn't that great. A picnic where you bring just enough prepared food in a cooler is fine, you sit and eat and maybe fly a kite or take a walk, throw a ball around, and the weather is really, really good, and it's all simple, that rocks. Tossing a couple sandwiches in a backpack, going on a hike, and eating at a beautiful spot, then getting up and hiking back, that's wonderful. Haven't been "real" camping, but that sounds fun too.

Having to set up a bunch of uncomfortable chairs because the ground is disgusting, setting up a barbecue and getting smoke in your face, moving every couple minutes to stay in the shade because it's miserably hot, literally having to bring small house or tent with you because being actually, completely outside is that unpleasant, these are all signs that you should be inside. And then maybe you walk across dirt and rocks to wade in a man-made lake. This all sucks.

One more: most restaurants are propped up by being able to grossly underpay employees and shouldn't exist in the first place, but going to a restaurant and eating outside as you overlook a busy street or a hot parking lot is like willingly being the butt of a joke. If you can smell a parking lot or street while you eat, and every three minutes you hear the blast of a car horn as someone locks their car, you should probably eat somewhere else. (Or learn to cook.)

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Airlines should require people to at least wear socks in the cabin, kids 5 and under excluded. I don't ever wanna see your feet when I'm crammed in a tin can with you, please die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

"monthslong" "yearslong" etc. should be hyphenated