Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time
John Woo doesn't know poo poo about making a good action movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
Sharing any kind of politics related item on social media is the sign of a lazy, weak mind.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
If you go to one of the build your own pizza places and get one that has more than two toppings, you deserve to be hit in the back of the head with a 2x4.

"Um, I'll have some pepperoni. A little more. A little more. A little more. Too much. Take one off. Now some bacon. Ok, peppers. Wait, not green pepper, I want the hot ones. Ok, tomato. Tha's all. Wait, go back to the meat selection. I'll have some bacon. Oh, I forgot I already had bacon. Tell you what, take off some of the pepperoni and put more bacon on. Now, olives, artichoke hearts, pineapple, green pepper, sea salt, pine nuts and extra gorgonzolla."

gently caress you. Not only are you holding up the line, your pizza is going to come out as a soggy mess. But I am sure a sophisticated palette such as yours will be able to discern all of the textures and flavors.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

Mr. Peepers posted:

The Frighteners was both Michael J Fox's and Peter Jackson's best movie.

This movie was marketed wrong, at least in the US. All of the ads I saw made it look like a straight up horror movie. When in reality, it was more of a buddy/con job movie.

I don't think your statement would be unpopular if more people actually saw the film.

Plus, it had R. Lee Ermey doing a full on Full Metal Jacket.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Green Day was never good and the only song they ever made that will ever be remembered is That One Song They Play in Every High School Graduation Ceremony and also seinfeld.

And also at funerals of people between the ages of 29 and 45.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
Despite what GM and Ford are saying, they will never make electric vehicles in any significant number.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
Anyone who uses more than seventeen words to explain their personally held unpopular opinion is a loving idiot.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
Nobody should ever ask an employee of a restaurant where the bathrooms are. A restaurant is not a wilderness expedition, you should be able to easily spot them within 10 seconds of leaving your table. If you can't find them, you are a complete idiot and you deserve to poo poo yourself in the middle of Applebee's.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I feel like pretzel buns were a meme food that fell out of fashion quickly. Which is a shame, pretzel buns are really good.

Finally, we get a true and enjoyable statement statement after five pages of worthless verbal diarrhea about capitalism.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
Anybody who has participated in armed combat is irreparably damaged and should be kept away from society for the rest of their life.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I am happy that the recent set of storms has wiped out a lot of the wooden piers all up and down the coast of California. Hopefully the jerks at the California Coastal Commission will throw up tons of roadblocks to getting them rebuilt any time in the near future.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

alexandriao posted:

As someone from the UK, what on earth is a bodega

Any small store that sells food and has a cat rubbing its anus upon said food.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
Fathers who are afraid to be left alone with their kids, especially toddlers and babies, can gently caress right off.

If mom needs to go on a weekend hens' bender in Vegas, or go on a midweek work trip, just shut up and deal with it. Being afraid of your 10 month old is the sign of a weak mind.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Springsteen did a cover of it & as much as I like his original music, that version was godawful

Oh man, that song is really awful. Especially the parts where he is "talking" to the band members.

Perhaps the only Xmas song that still gets radio time every year that I hate more than that cover, is the Beach Boys Little Saint Nick. That thing is just a lazy pile of poo poo.

gently caress, it is almost that time of the year for all of the garbage Xmas songs to start showing up.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
The whole "multiverse" as part of a plot line is a lazy, garbage method of story development that targets the lowest common denominator of filmgoer. This is especially true when the plotline suddenly veers off into showing hundreds or even thousands of alternate universes and/or characters.

"My favorite Spiderman was the rainbow one with the artificial leg!" gently caress you. There is only 1 Spiderman. Everyone knows his backstory.

Anything Marvel, the new season of Invincible, and loving Everything, Everywhere, All at Once and just complete, forgettable crap.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
Videos of people being swept off of rocks, jetties, etc. and out to sea during storm or high swell event when they have specifically been warned not to be there, will always be hilarious.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
It is my opinion that it is really annoying when 2 subjects are competing for the current hot topic. In this case it is speed limits and Green Day. My brain just can't handle all of the jumping back and forth.

I wonder how fast Green Day's tour bus drove between Lollapalooza shows in the early 00's?

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
The horizontal row of numbers on a keyboard should start with 0, not 1.

And don't give me any of that bullshit about old keyboards not having a 1 or 0.

Cat Ass Trophy has a new favorite as of 21:22 on Mar 14, 2024

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

Modal Auxiliary posted:

The Dune remake felt hollow and unengaging, it was the most gorgeous bad film I've ever seen.

I described it to someone as good but boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
Tesla full self driving is nowhere near ready. I am "enjoying" my free month of it, and the loving car regularly tries to get in an accident every few minutes. Plus, it drives like a complete rear end in a top hat. Especially in low speed lanes merging situations. It just won't let people in.
Someone once said it drives like a drunk, blindfolded 14 yo boy. But after a week of use, I think that statement is an insult to drunk, blindfolded 14yo boys.