Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Magic Shows are fun and cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The military worship in the United States is gross.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

lemon-lyme disease posted:

I'm pro-spoiler as well. I actually kind of prefer knowing what's going to happen - especially in TV/film.

You're not alone, turns out the majority of people enjoy being spoiled.

http://gizmodo.com/stop-worrying-about-spoilers-they-actually-help-you-en-1778452171

There's been movies that I wasn't going to watch until I got spoiled on the ending and decided that sounded real good and I need to watch it.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My unpopular opinion is antifa is bad

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The spider part was pretty stupid but it's kind of endearing considering the backstory of why they put it in the movie. Also the will smith song accompanying the movie is much better than the men in black ones.

The only story I heard was Neil gaiman claiming that the producer was originally going to do a sandman movie and insisted in putting a giant mechanical spider. When he didn't get his way the producer backed out of the project and picked up wild wild West and forced it in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like it's actually both. Dude really wanted a mechanical spider

quote:

d the other thing is Hollywood executives really love the smell of their own urine and what they really like doing is urinating on things. And then going, “Hmm, now this smells really good” and being really puzzled when the rest of the world goes “No, actually it smells like pee.” A gorgeous example of that, Ted Elliot and Terry Rossio, who wrote “Pirates of the Caribbean” and “Shrek” and some lovely movies, were brought in by Jon Peters to write the first draft of the Sandman movie. He hadn’t actually read any “Sandman” because he had people to do that kind of stuff for him, but he had figured out that what the movie needed to be successful was a giant mechanical spider. He wanted a giant mechanical spider because that would make any film a hit. Elliot and Rossio, who had read “Sandman,” who went in with their pitch and looking forward to it and going, “But there’s no room for a giant mechanical spider.”

“I know it, I’m Jon Peters, and I want my giant mechanical spider!”

I was thrilled on going to see “Wild Wild West” to see that he had finally put this giant mechanical spider that I’d been hearing about from Elliot and Rossio for five years into a film with no ideas of any kind. I really think a lot of it is [executives] are wedded to their giant mechanical spiders and they’re also convinced they know best, because obviously they’re Hollywood executives.

http://www.cbr.com/the-mirrormask-interviews-neil-gaiman-dave-mckean/