Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

steinrokkan posted:

Nobody cares what Jastiger thinks.

You care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If you're circumcised you should be ne able to sue your parents for for that horseshit, unless it was for medical purposes. Im so glad my mom didnt do that to me and i didnt do it to my son. Its terrible and permanent.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Jastiger is consistently one of the best posters on the forums and significantly contributed to a rich posting culture

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I agree except with big bang theory. You arw genuinely a better person if you dont like big bang theory.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

doverhog posted:

This is true, because things like science, truth and facts have a leftist bias. Coverage on global warming is a good example of this.

This is devastatingly true.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Airlines should seriously seat back to front and let people with little kids/handicaps go on first (after 1st class or whatever). I think they used to, but the last few time I've flown they really haven't done it, and its stupid as hell.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think there's research out there that shows seating the window seats, then middle, then aisle is the fastest way to do it.

I think you're right.

Its just a pain, I have young kids and all their diaper poo poo and i have to fight through the entire plane because kids sit in the back where the kid masks are. So of course I have the most poo poo, the hardest time of it, and the most people to fight through.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If i spent 30 minutes making a meal witg special spices and process, then you dumped ketchup all over it without tasting, id be hella pissed.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Trump is a bad president, and anyone that still supports him or the Republican party is more than likely a bad person.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Trump is not the republican party. There are many republicans who are against trump on many issues.

I know, that's why i separated them out. Doesnt change what I said.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Master Twig posted:

Maybe I'm totally wrong about how politics used to be, but I feel like there's been a fundamental shift in the way politics work these days.

I feel like half a century ago it went like this.
"Problem X exists. How do we deal with it?"
Liberals: We should do A!
Conservatives: We should do B!"

But now it's more like:
"Problem X exists. How do we deal with it?"
Liberals: We should do A!
Conservatives: Problem X does not exist!

It's not longer about about a difference in policy, it's about whether or things even exist in the first place and with conservatives living in a complete different reality.

Well Conservatism has always been horse poo poo, and I think what we're seeing isn't some "crazy weird spooky" change in the paradigm of politics, its simply Conservative ideals combined with Technology and Time. Its working as intended, keeping people stupid and ignorant of real issues in order to benefit the few at the top. We're just more aware of it now and its crossing over into general knowledge stuff like Birth Certificates and Climate Change. Its always been there, we can just see it plain as day-and those hoodwinked either can't or won't.

Das Boo posted:

Eh, Hillary's position was that they were trash people who didn't count.
It seems to me politics have become a binary where if Side A is for something, their entire focus is implying Side B isn't for it even if it's not part of Side B's platform. I would really just like to know what Side A intends to do, not what Side B doesn't intend to do.

Also plastic surgery is fine, even cosmetically. If someone feels better about themselves, they act more confidently and people really do treat them accordingly. Looks do matter no matter how often we tell each other they don't and shouldn't. It sucks, but that's how it goes.

PHUO: Clinton was actually cool and good, and while she could have done abetter job campaigning, on nearly every metric people criticize her positions she's light years ahead of the GOP for the working class/blue collar. Politically it would have been smart to go to WI and MI, but she really shouldn't have had to, those people should just have their heads out of their rear end. I think her weakness wasn't that she didn't care enough, I think its that she trusted people to not be idiots and it bit her in the rear end for believing in Middle America.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wheat Loaf posted:

We are under no obligation to find one another attractive and none of us is entitled to be considered attractive.

Its also not rude to point this out.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Grandmother of Five posted:

I don't really get either of these statements. Could you give concrete examples of when you feel as if there are expectations towards you finding someone attractive, and why you'd need to point out to someone that you don't find them attractive?

It is not that I necessarily disagree, but I'm not really seeing what kind of concrete real-life scenario is the background.

"Hey, you look really nice!" Isnt an offensive statement all the time. Many people think it is for some reason.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Henchman of Santa posted:

I've literally never heard someone be offended by that statement, but also it sounds like the opposite of what you were suggesting before.

Go up to someone and tell them they look very pretty/handsome and you'll find someone who will be offended by it.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Henchman of Santa posted:

Maybe the problem is that you do this to random strangers?

Nah not at all. Its a culture thing in the US, you just don't comment on appearances, so a lot of people get offended by even mentioning it unless there are certain factors involved.

Aramek posted:

He might be uggo. Non-uggos hate it when uggos approach and complement us.

This is unironically, a huge factor. Which sucks, and is a real thing.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Refusing to talk politics or religion or any "heavy" topic is a sign of cowardice. Im not saying you need to be able to defend your thesis at the bar, but if you run from all these conversations, youre just letting someone else make these decisions for you.

Refusing to admit who you voted for is cowardice too. It isnt rude to ask and discuss these things.

Every act is political.

I dont get strip clubs.

Pointing out that you dont like a food or drink in a group setting isnt being picky or a dick.

There is no honor in kink shaming.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

What decisions?

What you stand for and what gets discussed.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

starkebn posted:

If you don't want to casually talk about politics, no problem. But if you think "a conversation about politics" is stating your opinion then the other person states theirs, that's stupid. Examining and defending your own "beliefs" is the only way to test yourself on whether you actually believe them or are just parroting something you've been indoctrinated about.

This. I don't think EVERY convo should be hot and heavy. But when something comes up and person A and B are talking, then person C steps up HEY I DON"T LIKE TALKING ABOUT POLITICS/RELIGION/ETC. Then he can gently caress off. He's a coward if he wants to try to shut it down because he feels uncomfortable.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

alternatively they don't want the day/night to be ruined by a political debate

Cowardice.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Not even your promise of free beer would get me to go to des moines knowing that i'll be quizzed on my politics and religion instead of talking like normal people enjoying each other's company instead of fishing for something to get outraged about

No its not even that. You've been in those conversations. They'll say something about politics or current events, then someone will be HO HO HO I bask in my ignorance, I don't TALK politics or religion *goes on rant about Obama being a muslim/latest tax problem/health insurance gripe*

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

So you're pissed that they end up talking politics? Sometimes I don't get you Jas

Lol no you misunderstand. Its often a way to provide cover for poo poo posting and leaving. Like there will be a conversation, they have their views, as soon as it gets into a discussion, they want to shut it down rather than engage.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

They listed Scandinavians as "not white". :rolleyes:

You really, really, really need to learn to communicate better. You have these reasonable, uncontroversial opinions but you state them in ways that make them seem extreme or absurd.

You think: "Genetic screening for diseases is probably a good idea."
You say: "I wholeheartedly support in eugenics."

You think: "People who claim to never talk about politics but then give their political opinions anyway are annoying."
You say: "No one should ever, under any circumstances, refuse to talk about politics."

I mean, do you see the disconnect?

I never said those things, you just read that into them hyuk

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Its not about entitlement or lectures, its about people putting their head in the sand any time something serious comes up. Im not a big lecture or shout down person at all. I just find it cowardice to either run away from all those discussions or to poo poo post about it and then shut down future discussion because you just wanted to spew your poo poo and run.

It definitely should NOT be taboo to talk about whom you voted for for the same reason.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

steinrokkan posted:

I'll use your advice:

Shut the gently caress up, jastiger

Phuo: jastiger should never shut up, and should probably run for president

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

fruit on the bottom posted:

Narrowly defeated by Hillary in 2020

I'd be OK with that.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Apple products are bad and im glad there seems to be some semblance of that recognition with the latest iPhone release

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Who got banned? Was it me? Shiiiit

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Destroying confederate monuments should get you a Presidential Medal of Freedom

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ties are stupid though. They serve no function and just get in the way.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Derek loving owns, Ricky Gervais loving owns.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Movies that are just mindless violence and stuff can actually be really good if its done right with the action stuff. Dredd, Hard Boiled, John Wick. Awesome movies because you get from A to B pretty well, with a lot of great action, some fun effects, and interesting characters.

The problem is when they try hard it. The Furious series, Suicide Squad, Transformers, etc. These movies are bad because instead of being mindless well done action, its just "look how bad rear end we are, did you notice how awesome that was, WHOA LOOK AT THAT EXPLOSION, AWESOME SEE SEE SEE?!". Nah.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I was with you until you insulted the fast & furious movies. The first one and the ones with the rock in them own.

The 1st one was alright. It was new and unique and had a nice close on it.

The rest were just cash grabs and I stopped watching after 3. Everything I've seen about them and the snippets I've caught make it look just stupid and too try hard.

ALso I said it before in this thread, The Rock is a great guy and actor, but he is no where near to the level of Schwarzeneggar or Stallone. He needs to be in a really unique IP with really memorable roles to do that, otherwise he's just Tough Guy #10392.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

The furious movies are only try-hard in that they pay for tons of stunts and explosions but are otherwise fun as hell and seemingly get better the more they get away from the dumb boy racer poo poo they started as so I have no idea what you’re claiming, and I guess neither do you since you haven’t seen them

How can you be mad about me me watching 5 after every movie surrounding it was garbage. Or are you arguing the later ones are actually better than the non sports car jumping over a continent first ones?