Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I enjoyed breaking bad when it aired, but now I realize there's no way I would watch it through again, and in retrospect it was pretty corny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Tiggum'd again

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Bubbles from TPB is not even a little bit funny. For a less unpopular opinion, the Netflix seasons blow.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Blue Star posted:

Feminism should 100% concentrate on the betterment and empowerment of female human beings. Feminists and feminist movements shouldn't have to lift a finger for males, whether they're cisgender males or transgender. Biological sex matters. Reproductive rights matter. The fact that female humans are an oppressed class under patriarchy matters. That's ALL that loving matters. Males, regardless of what they identify as, should not interfere or seek to include themselves. They are irrelevant to feminism and should recognize themselves to be such.

Also, cis women should simply be called "women".

I think it's time for you to go outside and stay off the computer for a few days

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lexx blows

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The new Gorillaz song is good

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

nobody cares, my dude

This response kind of implies you know you're objectively wrong about something, but still don't want to change your mind.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

i don't care, my dude. wouldn't care if hillary won, don't care that trump won. All I care about is the salt, and that, I think, is an unpopular opinion.

Once again, you just exposed yourself by making it about Trump. I kinda had climate change in mind. Please keep telling everyone what you don't care about, lol

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

maybe they just got done watching deadwood

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Brown eyed girl sucks

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

FrameRelay posted:

I work at an IT company which is shipping jobs overseas.

The reason why many jobs are moving overseas from America is because the average person in America is not motivated to be a productive person because they have never needed in their life and the high cost of their labor is not worth it.

Our culture is now based on complacency and laziness. We deserve this mess we have made.

Imagine being this guy's kid

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

GBS is worse

The election ruined that forum

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Field Mousepad posted:

Gbs was awesome until they decided not to enforce any of the forum rules there a few years back.

no, it was at its worst then. There was about six months after the rules were lifted that it was good. Then it got swarmed by super bitter old right wing gen xers trying to stir poo poo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

B-b-but dishonest bullshit makes me feel good!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah it can totally get out of control. I remember a thread where anyone who didn't 100% agree with (or even understand) the OP was shouted at and accused of being a crypto-alt-right racist and needed to be banned right now. I've gotten some weird and seen some weird probations in D&D, it's often over-reactions due to the history of the thread and past trolling. Like you accidentally said some magic word or phrase than normally wouldn't cause any problem, but a month ago there was some poo poo-storm derail trolling that started by asking that question or using that language so the trigger happy mods fighting to keep the thread from melting down have shoot to kill orders. That's when D&D can get really lovely.

Not that I would ever post in d&d proper or spend my time doing this, but maybe read the thread before posting in it and you won't get probed for dragging up tired poo poo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Sentient Data posted:

Being required to agree with the op literally goes against d&d's name

"read the thread" does not mean "agree with the op"

with a post like that I think you would fit right in in d&d

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Tony Bologna posted:

Sci-fi is all authoritarian garbage.

Surely what you meant to say is "authoritarian Sci-fi is garbage," which isn't really an unpopular opinion.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

zh1 posted:

or who cry about their cousins getting themselves killed in a war of aggression they elected to take part in

such a spicy take, you are truly the edge lord

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

zh1 posted:

what personal failing in particular compelled you to make such a worthless post?

:ironicat:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

zh1 posted:

that's the second time some emptyheaded anime avatar has replied with ironicat. does anyone still think this is funny or...??

my avatar is not from an anime, you dick

And your post that I mocked was legit stupid. If you're so woke to the evils of capital, I figure you should understand the military industrial complex and how our shill leaders manipulate dumb young people into fighting wars for them

Maybe take what you believe, and think just a little bit harder about it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I understand not wanting to let cats outside if you live in some beautiful bird environment, but here in Dallas we got rid of the environment years ago and have nothing to lose.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

Wallace and Grommet isn't entertaining or funny it's just kind of irritating and the main dudes rictus grin creeps me out. I never understood even as a kid how it was so popular with people, it always felt like it was made for people with a completely different thought pattern than mine

Yeah it was one of those "alternate reality kid" things. Like having Sega instead of Nintendo and watching the Disney channel instead of Nick. Their moms would probably come out with weird snacks like fluffernutters or something, too. loving weirdos...

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

fruit on the bottom posted:

I am going to go through that book, circle every example of passive voice, every split infinitive, and every preposition he ended a sentence with and place it on his loving grave.

English isn't Latin!!!

Um, don't you mean every preposition with which he ended a sentence?

heh

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

to enforce conformity and perpetuate old bullshit

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Breakfast Burrito posted:

if you gave me a choice between a christian who believed jesus was bang on about that whole camel and eye of the needle scenario vs some 'rational' atheist capitalist, i know who'd i'd be hanging out with

They cover the teachings of Jesus every second Sunday, the rest of the time they cover how shady Mormons and Jews are and how God punishes sluts

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

Hang out with better Christians.

white whales

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Same here. Hardcore christians might not be the most fun to go out drinking with but at least they go outside and know how to talk about things aside from how smart they are while making me sit in their cat-infested apartment watching richard dawkins youtubes.

stdh

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Blue Star posted:

Religion-slash-spirituality is pretty cool. My ideal religion would be a cross between Classical paganism and Buddhism-slash-Hinduism-slash-Taoism. Like, there's ultimately one Thing and everything participates in it, and everything is just part of an ongoing process that is Eternal. But "gods" and "spirits" and "demons" exist as thought-forms and egregores generated by sapient minds and imaginations, which themselves are a part of the Whole. There is no discrete self, either.

:350:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

A Scanner Darkly was a good movie and a good adaptation of the book. I was surprised to find a lot of people saying it was bad online.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

"the second half of full metal jacket is garbage" is the film equivalent of "nirvana and the beatles are overrated"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Garrand posted:

Yes, and?

Dumb people say it to look smart

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I wasn't going to argue about this, but God drat this is too good:

Henchman of Santa posted:

They also evolved into so much more than a boy band. Their detractors act like their career begins and ends with She Loves You.

WampaLord posted:

Do you really not get how something like "I wanna hold your hand" seems dated?

Between this and the relationships thread, you are really on a roll today, wampa. You are a dumb poo poo.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

WampaLord posted:

I am in the right in that thread, y'all are goons who can't empathize with being a 17 year old girl and having emotions.

You made what the dad did out to be way worse than it was, for the sake of being provocative. Just like you picked the earliest and most dated song you could think of to represent the Beatles' body of work. You are your own worst enemy.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

you have to power through the terrible chocolate taste by nibbling around the edges, then you get the one good mostly peanut butter bite

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The entire movie's argument is basically "eugenics is a good thing and stupid people breeding must be stopped".

Nah

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

sassassin posted:

Given the choice between two equally qualified candidates I would almost always hire a man over a woman because the man is less likely to take extensive time off during their term of employment, which is really annoying (and expensive!) to have to deal with.

Also a man is statistically more likely to be capable of holding a basic conversation about the football.

The exception to this is if the woman is pretty but not as pretty as my wife (a narrow band indeed).

This is ....not LoB?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hmmm, yes I can be contrarian about this

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The General posted:

I'm only in this thread because of the request, and I've been F5ing it ever since. I'd say you should feel proud. The resulting post was pretty glorious, and my life is enriched by having read it.

I think Walrus should have 10 children to make up for his selfish brother and sister in law. Force them to never stop having to buy christmas and birthday presents.

Meta post: we don't need crazy people having more kids

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Just raise the standard for being a police officer so you can trust their judgement.

well, you're out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Sentient Data posted:

Maybe puho: I eat my eggs over medium with salt, black pepper, and a little ketchup, then I use toast to sop up any yolk/ketchup until the plate is clean

Ketchup on eggs is disgusting, you disgust me sir