Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Putting posters on ignore is cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Even the "best anime" is garbage

:mmmhmm:

steinrokkan posted:

proper animated movies.

Oh, never mind.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Das Boo posted:

Ghibli movies are excellently animated, at least. Miyazaki set out with the intention of emulating Disney animation in its technical proficiency and did a fuckin' ace job of it. As far as the medium goes television-wise, it's as lovely as a ton of Western produced animation, just in a different way.

I mean holy flying dog poo poo, is there anything uglier than a CG-animated TV show?

Depends; does the newest GBS rule also apply here?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Beige posted:

You're god-damned right. When at somebody's house, seeing their kid watching the cheapest, most terrible animated shows, I feel a huge urge to turn the TV off. It's almost as strong as the urge to fix the drat aspect ratio.

Well at least there's no VCR displays blinking 00:00 anymore.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You Are A Elf posted:

At least we can all agree that GTA: San Andreas had the best radio stations and music.

Actually it's The Saboteur.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

I've never watched South Park, but this is the first time I've heard it described as hard right-wing propaganda.

It's heavy-handed satire in a style that makes it (also) appealing to everyone it's satirizing. This isn't South Park's problem or even a modern one, it's been the same way with satire and stupid bigoted people for centuries if not millennia.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Walking Dead was never good though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rush Limbo posted:

GTA isn't really a period piece, though. If we're to believe Rockstar and GTA itself, it isn't even set in this reality.

Here's something that'll blow your mind: no work of fiction is set in this reality.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

People in the first world are weird and incredibly wasteful around food.

:same:

I think that's a pretty widely-known scientific fact though?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Sure, but food isn't one of them. We make enough food to feed the entire world, the problem is logistics/capitalism.

Yeah but every stupid white man putting pineapple on pizza is removing one unit of food fit for human consumption from the world.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Related: If you phone me and I miss your call, you should leave a message. How hard is it to just say who you are and why you're calling?

Ah yes I'll just be leaving 20 "Welp this is Jerry Cotton from rear end Fart Inc. calling about [x] but since you're not answering I'll just call one of your competitors I'm sure you'll appreciate knowing that and also listening to this dumb-rear end message. I mean if I wasn't in a god drat hurry I'd just have sent e-mail instead of calling since it's loving 2016 you know. Thank you, god bless you, and god bless the United States of America" messages every day.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I never listen to my messages I don't even know how :lol:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

can you ask someone in HR if they got my resume

Oh yeah they said (and I quote): "The applicant was dangerously overqualified for any position in the rear end fart industry."

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sloober posted:

Most super hero movies are unimaginative and tired garbage and i'm sick to death of them.

Deadpool wasn't any better than the rest of the crop.

That means you watched them which is hosed up.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

hard counter posted:

bigeo games might not be well-regarded but at least their hands weren't legally tied by anything (they did talk about such legislature ~ a decade ago but nothing major came of it) - you could still make a game like spec ops since there isn't anything outright restricting the kind of content/themes you can create - it's just up to a developer somewhere out there to deliver on the promise and produce something that really engages people and ~*lifts*~ the medium. I personally don't think that's happened yet but some people do.

The Comics Code was not "legal", it was self-censorship. Just like the ratings systems games companies adhere to so they can get sold in shops.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Caufman posted:

I cried during the first twenty minutes of Frozen.

It was that bad, huh?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Caufman posted:

Anime and vaping are frequently very cool in the many forms they take.

If people did not have a common desire to connect with things of ultimate meaning and supreme importance, we'd all be less interesting to engage with.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Arguing about which TV show or movie is better is a pointless nerd slap fight.

Arguing in general is pointless because to this day no-one has ever changed their mind about a single thing due to an argument.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bork music videos are boring.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

gentle pete posted:

Food tastes better with minimal seasoning. Spices were historically used to make rotten food and garbage cuts of meat palatable, there is no reason to drown your food in spices in 2016

Buh buh buh but what would I post about on Facebook if I didn't put 400000000000-scoville peppers in everything?!?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There is no alt-right that's just the regular right.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aramek posted:

Xmas music is fine, even the bad ones we're all sick of are only here for a short time, so we just suck it up and enjoy it.

I can listen to Mariah Carey's seminal hit All I want for Christmas is You all year long.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aramek posted:

Same, also Michael Bublé.

You know I don't think I've ever heard Michael Bublé. Maybe I should give him a try!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Most real things are either completely true or completely untrue. Gray areas are exceedingly rare.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Field Mousepad posted:

it's not an avoidable thing either which makes me hate it even more.

:lol: just stop hanging out at shopping centres and watching commercial television all the time what the gently caress man.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Field Mousepad posted:

Dude it's on in grocery stores, restaurants, every radio station. You'd have to seriously sit in your house for a month not to hear it.

I've been to several grocery stores and two restaurants this week and none of them had any music. And I haven't listened to the radio since I got rid of my car so :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah man stop shopping for Christmas.

I live in the city so I can shop at small artist anal boutiques.

e: Seriously good advice though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jastiger posted:

we're supposed to have the most advanced education and social systems in the world.

What? According to who?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

OK, so in Sweden and Finland, the seasons don't start on a consistent day. That's stupid.

Uhh yeah let me look at this calendar to see what season it is so I know what to do oh time to plant those potatoes what do you mean we'll starve because I planted in Winter the calendar clearly says it's Spring!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Yes except it doesn't matter when the seasons start

I guess you only eat meat.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dave Cockrum was a pretty darn good X-Men artist!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MizPiz posted:

People in who lived during the Bronze Age had a more enlightened outlook on religion than we do today.

Well they certainly had less scripture which, coincidentally, means less terrible stuff. I mean sure it was all murder and more murder but less murder because we say so.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Annabel Pee posted:

Actually thats the stereotype lol.

You're supposed to post opinions not indisputable facts here.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aramek posted:

I love ya man, but I dunno if noisy/aggressive can be the "best" of anything.

Music like this only causes anger and anti-establishment attitudes.

:lol:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If your choice in music actually annoys people around you, it's highly likely you have bad taste in music.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

free basket of chips posted:

I agree, if only because its really only the business thats losing by alienating major demographics or people

The bourgeoisie are not rational actors and will gladly lose a fortune out of spite.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

free basket of chips posted:

All existence is oppressive as we consume resources we have no claim to.

Uhh I think you'll find consuming something is a pretty good way of claiming it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Do most people have personal memories of believing in Santa and that being good? Because I can't remember that far back, so all I've got is memories of knowing that Santa wasn't real but that you shouldn't say that because adults seemed to be really invested in kids believing it for some reason. As far as I can remember, it's never seemed like a good thing to me.

Kids actually believing in Santa Claus is a lovely third-world thing. When I grew up everyone just believed in the Soviet Union and Leluliike Casagrande.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Star Wars is space fantasy, not sci-fi.

You're defining sci-fi in a way that makes it a useless phrase. (Sci-Fi is a sub-set of fantasy anyway :mrgw:.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If you believe there are more than one race of humans you are racist.